What's new

VERY FRUSTRATED when trying to recreate a roller coaster

A

Anonymous

Hey guys. I'm trying to recreate a roller coaster (Scream! from SFMM) and I am just banging my head against the wall right now because i just can't seem to get it the way it is! :x Believe me, I know RCT3 has so many limits on what can be built but I see all these people on youtube recreating them and they look great. I try looking at pictures of the ride and watching on ride POVS and no matter how hard I try to get the layout as accurate as i can, it's not accurate. I get as far as making the first inversion and i automatically know something is wrong. What can I do to make my recreations as accurate as i can. I really don't see how any of these people successfully recreated a roller coaster without drooling over the keyboard or banging their head against the wall when they try to get the layout accurate. I greatly appreciate your help and God bless.

kimahri

CF Legend
UC said:
There are two methods.

Method 1:

1. Accept the game has limitations.

2. Do your best to work around the limitations. Your coaster WILL NOT look as good as the ride does in real life.

3. If you insist on perfectionism, which you WILL NOT get with any of the RCT series, go buy NoLimits.

4. Attempt a recreation, only to realize you have absolutely no idea how to use the software.

5. Make a coaster out of pre-fab elements.

6. Get frustrated/bored and give up.

Method 2:

1. Buy RCT2.

2. Select "Floorless Roller Coaster."

3. Select "Medusa."

4. Select "Build mirror image."

5. Change the colors to Scream!'s.

6. Enjoy.

7. Import track to RCT3

Extra added

CMonster

Giga Poster
Sometimes you need to think creatively, like making the lift hill diagonal or using an overbanked turn for the drop or whatever.

reddude333

Giga Poster
I have encountered this problem on numerous occasions. For example, I tried to recreate Millennium Force, but as much as the game has improved, it was lacking in so many ways. And I kept getting incorrect readouts, like that my ride was only going 60 or something after dropping 300ft. I agree that using custom scenery and pieces is often the way to go. Although I honestly prefer to stick to personal creations for the very reason you mentioned.

nealbie

CF Legend
The best way around this that I've found is, unless it's something ludicrously easy like an Intamin Accelerator, to make your own interpretations of coasters. "Inspired by" so to speak, instead of getting frustrated trying to do an exact. That's what dull old No Limits is for! ;)