What's new

Vertical Theme Park Concepts

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
Vertical Theme Parks are a British company who offer... well exactly what the name says. A Tower containing full on vertical theme parks.

A quick browse of their website shows many designs but heres 3 of the most interesting ones. Starting from the tallest concept and working down the top 3 (there are more on the site including videos of each)
VTP3.jpgVTP4.jpgVTP5.jpg

Now normally I would laugh with the rest of you at the stupidity of this idea.
However... We live in a world where China is a thing.
And it seems three of these (of unknown size) are currently planned for China. With one breaking ground just this week in Qinhuangdao.

VTP6.jpg

Its perhaps worth noting the terminology used in the blue sky concept art above. Its all Intamin. Twisted Impulse, Half Pipe, Floorless Tilting Drop, Gyro Swing and Flying Island.
Read into that what you will :)

Heres some concept art for the Qinhuangdao project which looks nothing like the art on the construction boards above.

VTP7.png

Will this happen? maybe not. But a Gyro Swing hundreds of ft up has got to be one of the most insane things suggested for China so far and thats saying something.

Lets see how this goes shall we?

Ethan

Strata Poster
The Stratosphere Tower is quaking on its foundations. I love it.

I wouldn't call these theme parks, even though they... Sort of are. I guess they're not parks, but more of an entertainment tower/complex with rides? Like if Mall of America was actually good.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
Its perhaps worth noting the terminology used in the blue sky concept art above. Its all Intamin. Twisted Impulse, Half Pipe, Floorless Tilting Drop, Gyro Swing and Flying Island.
Read into that what you will

Or read into what it says on the website:

"Exclusive GLOBAL RIGHTS from world's No.1 ride manufacturer Intamin of Switzerland. "

Pear

Strata Poster
I love these concepts! My main gripe with the Stratosphere rides is that while they do utilize the height factor none of them are that interesting and get boring very fast.

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
Did a bit more research on these.
Not one to let a mad idea goto waste there seem to be at least early plans for a ton of these around the country.

First up is the one we know has already broken ground in Qinhuangdao
VTPGenesis1.jpgVTPGenesis2.jpg

Then we have Kunming
VTPKunming1.jpgVTPKunming2.jpg

Taiyuan
VTPTaiyuan2.jpgVTPTaiyuan3.jpg
VTPTaiyuan1.jpg

Wuhan

VTPW1.jpg

VTPW2.jpgVTPW6.jpgVTPW7.jpg

Shanghai
VTPS1.jpgVTPS2.jpg

Xuzhou
VTPXuzhou1.jpg

Hong Kong
VTPHK1.jpg

Dalian
VTPDalian1.jpg

Shenyang
VTPShenyang.jpg

How many of these are just blue sky plans and how many are moving forwards i have no idea. But a little birdie tells me there are 5 due to start construction soon.
Pictures from here

Geeky Pastimes

Mega Poster
Those gyro swings look absolutely terrifying, I love it.

Would be interesting to see how a launch coaster up the side of the building would affect whatever was inside. You'd think the noise would be deafening unless the whole thing is on some kind of suspension.