What's new

Vekoma Flying Dutchman or B&M Flying coaster?

Vekoma flyer or B&M flyer?

• Vekoma Flying Dutchman

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • B&M Flying coaster

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters

Tom

Hyper Poster
Flying Dutchmen or Flying coaster?

I'm not sure which is better so I want you to vote for your favourite.

Snoo

The Legend
Flyer.. only for the pretzel loop.

X-Flight/Firehawk wasn't too bad.. but you were on your back way to long IMO.

S:UF was a great flying experience with the fantastic pretzel loop with amazing G's

Well, I've been on one of each, those two being Xflight and Superman Ultimate Flight, and I think I prefer Superman by a tiny bit.

Xflight was a really decent ride I thought, but like Snoo said, it's more of a laydown coaster than flying, really. It was a good coaster though, for sure.

However, if you want a better flying experience with more forces, than I believe Superman was better.

Also, overall, B&M has made Tatsu and stuff so that's another reason why I'll choose it.

CedarPoint6

Hyper Poster
No contest. I've gotten all 3 Dutchmans and SFOG's Superman and the B&M flyers win by far. They're smoother, more intense, more comfortable, and more accurately attain a flying experience. While the Vekomas do more in terms of inversions, the B&Ms are the better of the types, especially with the pretzel loop...

Tony

Hyper Poster
I have only been on 1 B&M flyer which was alright and is probally the worst B&M flyer made and I have not been on a Vekoma flying Dutchman yet. I think the Dutchmans look good but Superman/Crystal Wings look a bit better because of the pretzel loop and I love the B&M flying position and Tatsu looks miles better than any other flyer in the world so B&M flyer.

Martyn B

CF Legend
I've only been on a B&M Flyer, but I've always been intregued by the Flying Dutchmen's, IMO they look much better than all the B&M Flyers, I'd really like to get on one.

Dutchmans seem rough and I've only been on tatsu, so that wins.

Have you been on a Dutchman just out of curiousity? If not, they're actually probably some of the only smooth Vekoma coasters out there. I experienced pretty much no roughness on Xflight, surprisingly.

Dutchmans are just really annoying.

Again just wondering, which one have you been on?

Johnny

Hyper Poster
I've been on 2 B&M Flyers, Air and Tatsu, but no Flying Dutchmans.

However I'm sure the B&M Flyers are better. The pretzel loop is probably the best inversion on a flying coaster, which is what makes B&M's flyers quite special. Tatsu's other 3 inversions were very fun aswell, as are Air's fly-to-lie/lie-to-fly inversions. Plus, the trains are very comfortable for me.

Vekoma flyers look quite good, however it looks as though you're on your back a little too often. Not to mention that I've heard they're not as smooth.

Overall, I think B&M flyers generally give the better flying sensation.

Dom

Roller Poster
Probably the thing that Vekoma can nearly match B&M on.

But still, B&M, we need to see some more new layouts and inversions with the flying, which could well happen with B&M but not Vekoma.

Almost

Hyper Poster
LiveForTheLaunch said:

Don't call me out on what I have and haven't been on. Since I've been on about 35 more coasters than you anyway...

Batwing at SFA.

The exact same layout as X-Flight/Firehawk.

The restraints were annoying, the sun was in my eyes the whole time, the layout was sub par at best and the ride was just eh.

B&M Flyers make Flying Dutchmans feel like traveling fair rides.

Nadia

Mega Poster
Almost said:
The restraints were annoying, the sun was in my eyes the whole time, the layout was sub par at best and the ride was just eh.

Yup I really liked firehawk but oww the sun was killing my eyes all the way up the lifthill. It was sooo smooth compared to what I was expecting with it being Vekoma and it was cool but gonna choose B&M flyers, only just though really!!

A-Kid

Giga Poster
I haven't done a Vekoma flyer, but I would say B&M would be better anyway. Air is a great ride really. Tatsu looks nice. The superman clones must be like riding Air after the pretzel loop.

Don't call me out on what I have and haven't been on. Since I've been on about 35 more coasters than you anyway...

Yeah, I was really calling you out. Show me where I called you out. All I asked was which one you've been on, and I also wasn't aware that you had been on one which is another reason why I asked which one you went on.

HARDLY calling you out, way to twist it around and bring in the fact you have a higher coaster count than me which is totally irrelavent and immature.

Linus

Mega Poster
LiveForTheLaunch said:
Dutchmans seem rough and I've only been on tatsu, so that wins.

Have you been on a Dutchman just out of curiousity? If not, they're actually probably some of the only smooth Vekoma coasters out there. I experienced pretty much no roughness on Xflight, surprisingly.

I said seem, never said it was true.

Ben

CF Legend
To be fair, anything has to better then Air...

And I think the Flying Dutchmen look so much better then crappy S:UF.

But, then you have Tastu...

I'd rather ride a Dutchman, but that doesn't make them better. They just look so funny.

I said seem, never said it was true.

Which is why I said to you that if you haven't, they're actually not rough. I was just telling you.

Geez, you and Almost are acting like I was trying to be snotty or something. And I wasn't calling either out, even though Almost seems to think I was. Talk about misreading and misunderstanding.

The thing is, you can't really say something seems rough if you haven't been on it though.

Homer

Hyper Poster
B&M's are better, despite my only rides on a B&M flyer being S:UF at SFOG and SFGAm. They're alright but have potential to become badass (like Tatsu is, which I hope to ride someday).

As for Vekoma, I've ridden one (Firehawk at KI) and its' pretty nice for a ride. But, sadly, like any Vekoma, its painful (especially on the lift, that position just felt "ugh"). But, Vekoma wins layout wise since its actually intense compared to S:UF's sweet spot (the Pretzel Loop).