Are Veggie `burgers` burgers

• Yes

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • No

Votes: 3 75.0%

• Total voters

Thekingin64

Strata Poster
Does a burger need meat in to be a burger or can veggies eat burgers happily without eating meat?

This arose during school when my vegetarian friend happened to be talking about veggie burgers and someone overheard and started this argument saying burgers need meat in to be burgers. and me, my friend and nearly everyone else disagreed.

What do you lot think?

kimahri

CF Legend
Burgers are a MANLY food. MANLY MEN are not vegitarians. MANLY MEN need meat.

So no. These false 'veggie' 'burger's are not burgers. They are False profest of lies, deceit and sin and not MANLYness.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
You show me a vegetarian, and I'll show you a face full of zits.

Sam

Giga Poster
They're not terrible, but why would you choose one over a meat burger? If you were a vegetarian I guess.... I have no time for vegetarians, they may say they have their 'reasons' but it's a load of ****ing nonsense if you ask me....

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend
If you think they are horrid, you've not had a good one. Or you're an idiot.

Next time you're at BK, order the bean burger. Best thing on the menu. Seriously. It actually tastes of something.

Never understood the fuss about beef. Tastes like cardboard.

Are they burgers? Dunno, don't care. Isn't a burger more about the presentation of it in a bun? The actual thing is a patty, is it not?

Dave

CF Legend
My housemate sometimes for a 'laugh' likes to order a veggie burger with bacon and cheese. Just to be a rebel.

tks

Strata Poster
^ they need to get out more.

I don't mind Veggie Burgers, falafel ones are win. However I despise "chicken style" quorn ****. Surely the point of being a vegelesbian is that you don't don't agree with killing animals, yet you're happy to eat some processed **** in the shape of a chicken nugget?

When I eat a burger, it's a MEAT burger. Veggie burgers are still burgers, and they're healthier I suppose, but if I want a healthy version of a beef burger I just go for a turkey burger instead.

Artichoke

Mega Poster
Well, burgers do need meat to be burgers. But, if they want a healthier burger, they should go for the turkey burger. I've never trusted vegie burgers anyway.

Ben

CF Legend
^Faeces.

Which is why they taste how they do as well.

I dunno how anyone can be a veggie, I love a good bit of meat too much for that <3

fretboardpyro

Mega Poster
I love burgers made out of vegetarians. Nom Nom. nothing like the great taste of a freshy flame grilled organic vegetarian!

mouse

Giga Poster
To veggies (like me) they are burgers, and there is some sort of fungi that makes them brown.

jokerman

Giga Poster
^Fine minds? You're having a laugh aren't you?

Anyway, no they aren't burgers unless they have meat. I say that purely out of hatred for vegetarians, who are all ****ing idiots.

metalhead7

Mega Poster
I make these thing all the time and everyone thinks their great, but they just don't taste like the real thing. You need to have real meat to make a real burger!!