What's new

Valley of the Spirits - [B&M Duo RLRides] - DOWNLOAD NOW

bob_3_

Giga Poster
Feel like I'm taking over this forum a little....meh.

On my mission to get a full set of B&M coasters completed in NL2 I've been working on this Invert most the winter. It's been scrapped like 10 times, it's been reshaped and reshaped and reshaped. I really wanted something that could sit next to Banshee as a "new gen" invert, they're shaped so weirdly and interestingly, I['ve experimented with old school inverts but I really wanted to push myself here.

Anyway after many drunken zoom calls with mates to give me ideas and way more time on my hand I sat down and finished a layout and I'm FINALLY happy with how it rides. It's a chaotic, forceful ride that also glides like it's flying. Looks like this is my next full project....

Here's a preview. I just wanted to show just how hard I've worked on this shaping, and I look forward to eventually showing it in motion.

INVERT-PROJECT2020.jpg

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Feel like I'm taking over this forum a little....meh.
I will speak for all of CF, members and management alike, that we have absolutely no problem with this. ;)

On my mission to get a full set of B&M coasters completed in NL2
Including Stand-Up? ;)

I really wanted something that could sit next to Banshee as a "new gen" invert, they're shaped so weirdly and interestingly, I['ve experimented with old school inverts but I really wanted to push myself here.
Great to see you striving for more. Are you able to put your finger on what makes their shaping so strange? It's plainly obvious to me that the old inverts are a bit RCT style with elements laid out in sequence, and the interconnecting bits having their B&M magic worked through, but the newer ones are what? More fluid? Are the elements themselves more dynamic, or is it just the way they're linked up?

I look forward to this one. :)

bob_3_

Giga Poster
I will speak for all of CF, members and management alike, that we have absolutely no problem with this. ;)

Including Stand-Up? ;)

Great to see you striving for more. Are you able to put your finger on what makes their shaping so strange? It's plainly obvious to me that the old inverts are a bit RCT style with elements laid out in sequence, and the interconnecting bits having their B&M magic worked through, but the newer ones are what? More fluid? Are the elements themselves more dynamic, or is it just the way they're linked up?

I look forward to this one. :)

Haha I always forget about Standups....might skip that.

In terms of new gen shaping. It's abit weird. A lot of it is how the roll transitions blend over the force transitions, the new gen shapes tend to allow more time to move into a transition but it creates it's own challenges. You have to not let the program take over and "tame the beast" to pull the track into the shape you want. If you're using FVD I can try and show you the file, although alot of it is trail and error, as I said this has taken MONTHS to perfect, I don't even think I can provide a clear answer as to how it differs. The banking and forces definately are less defined, theres more of an eb and flow to it.

Anyway, wanna see the track not in wireframe? here you go.

poster-2020-05-12-22-20-37.png

poster-2020-05-12-22-22-49.png

poster-2020-05-12-22-31-27.png

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
The layout flows incredibly well! I especially like the figure eight finale. The ride actually reminds me of something that Paramount would put in one of their parks if they still owned them.

bob_3_

Giga Poster
Some updates! Looks like we now have a name... Yōkai, it's a general term for a type of spirit in japanese culture. All my life I've been drawn towards different aspects of Japanese art, I've always loved the mythology and also modern pieces in games and films, this seemed like a perfect time to delve into it and create something of an homage. I'm already in talks with Jay and he's started work already on creating an environment and I'm excited to see what we end up with. We have inspirations from some of my favourite things, from zelda to ghibli and the japanese connection to nature and the spiritual.

Anyway, ideas are welcome, here is the first rendition of the logo and some progess on the ride's hardware.

Artboard-1.jpg

poster-2020-05-21-21-06-59.png

poster-2020-05-21-21-04-09.png

And a preview from Jay...
D986-C982-EA31-4-E53-9-C3-E-9665-D06606-AE.jpg

Last edited:

bob_3_

Giga Poster
poster-2020-06-01-22-23-01.png

I know not alot is done here, but been planning out pathways and buildings and stuff with jay. Looking to try and get the music and atmosphere right. So happy with how it moves still though. I may post some moodboards later.

bob_3_

Giga Poster
I have been focusing on a new-gen hyper for a while. Purely because I just love the route B&M have gone down with Mako and Candymonium. I made a layout I really loved that was thin and heavily focused on well paced air-time. I wasn't sure what to do with it, but the guys on discord convinced me to place it next to Yokai is a Dragon Khan/ShammyB combo type thing...and hey they slotted together really nicely, and now the area feels like a B&M heaven with both coasters flying around. I will be showing more as me and Jay work on it more (we need to rethink a few things to make the hyper fit), but here you go, this is Yokai & Ikuchi

Yokai-Ikuchi.jpg

poster-2020-06-28-22-21-04.png

poster-2020-06-28-22-35-41.png

bob_3_

Giga Poster
Oh yes. Yes please. <3
Haha thanks Hixee.

I made this video as I was having trouble with the audio, the air-time making the chain dogs click in the sim, but the video capture makes them go a little crazy. This was just a test render to show the problem I was having, but I love how well this coaster moves I thought I'd give you guys a little preview of the back row ride. I think I've managed to capture how the newer B&M hypers move.

Me and Jay have alot of ideas to fill the area and do the station so it may take a little time, but it's already a fun area to walk around with the two massive B&Ms practically dueling, We obviously are reworking the pathways and such so watch this space.

yokai-ikuchi-poster2.jpg

bob_3_

Giga Poster
An update on the theming will come soon, just waiting on some more progress from Jay. Here's just a shop in the meantime of the rides testing in the evening. We're hoping to have these rides entered in the 350 Roundup so expect a release by the end of October. =)

200916-valleyv2.jpg

bob_3_

Giga Poster
Some progress!

Here is the first draft of Yokai's station. We're gonna change the scale I think as it's a little off atm, but I think you can see the vibe.

station2.jpg

And a better sightline from the lake.

view-1.jpg

Last edited:

bob_3_

Giga Poster
All slowly coming together... just in time for night ride season. Still working with Jay on Ikuchi's station and plaza, but it's looking really nice, will share more soon.
But for now, another night shot..

201012-3.jpg