What's new

USF | Harry Potter: Escape from Gringotts | Unknown

Jordanovichy

Credit Whore 2016
As far as it being a cred goes, I'm not going to watch a POV, I'll be riding it in a couple weeks and I don't want spoilers, I'll decide for myself if it feels like a cred once I've done it :p

Ben

CF Legend
The POV has left me even more confused, it's just like a video on a tiny screen for five minutes.

What IS it?!

Ethan

Strata Poster
^ I think the one you watched was the one with stabilization on it! I watched that one too and I didn't get it. As for your question, it's a roller coaster, with mostly dark ride sections with a small coaster section at the beginning (and I think a launch at the end?) The car can spin 360 degrees (and tilt I think), and you wear 3D glasses the entire journey.

In case anyone didn't know, some tall people are having trouble with fitting in the coaster due to shin restraints, however if you chose row three or six, there's more leg room!

Ben

CF Legend
So it's a short roller coaster section in between 3D movies...?

It just doesn't look like there's any physical effects, which is a shame. Hopefully there'll be a better video soon.

peep

CF Legend
I'm not really sure why anyone would watch an on ride of this and think they're going to be able to judge the full experience? Have you people not learnt anything over the years?

Ethan

Strata Poster
Ben said:

It just doesn't look like there's any physical effects, which is a shame. Hopefully there'll be a better video soon.

There are heat, wind and water effects :) And some of the theming of the caves is 5 stories high!

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
peep said:
I'm not really sure why anyone would watch an on ride of this and think they're going to be able to judge the full experience? Have you people not learnt anything over the years?

But it's part of new ride bingo, right next to the reaction to the first test video being "IT'S TOO SLOW!"

Gazza

Giga Poster
It looks cool and all and obviously a lot you can't tell from the videos, but tbh I was fully expecting a more substantial roller coaster section through real life caverns rather than so many screens.

Ethan

Strata Poster
That's what I expected too, however like I said there are caverns and I think a lot of the theming is too dark to see in POV videos, between screens!

rtotheizzo17

Hyper Poster
Ben said:

From a friend who works the ride said there are massive props/scenery, she doesn't notice though because of the quality of the video.

rtotheizzo17

Hyper Poster
^Wonder howmuch better the ride is performing? I have second hand reports that they were only doing 800p guests an hour the first few days, which was around 50% what they wanted to hit.

marc

CF Legend
The whole area has been less busy, I guess people went for a few days for opening then went home today.

Most Europe school holidays start next week I guess it will get even more crowded once school holidays start.

The other thing was large queues were created due to ride break downs as well.

peep

CF Legend
Ah yes, because nothing says "It's gone quiet" like 4-5 hour queues and people waiting to get in from 5:30 in the morning ;)

marc

CF Legend
Yep must have been what I was saying people going home before the next lot arrive.

It's rammed today and they have already stopped people entering the area.

People should go on a Sunday evening lol.

It's wired like that when your in Orlando for two weeks. You expect weekends to be busy, Saturdays are but Sundays a lot less.

marc

CF Legend
A load of posts must have gone with the website problems :(

Yeah saw that video last week and it's amazing cannot wait to get on the ride :)

Martyn B

CF Legend
Looks incredible, but them concrete tunnels look a bit.... out of place? Unless you cant actually see anything on ride?