What's new

USF | Harry Potter: Escape from Gringotts | Unknown

rtotheizzo17

Hyper Poster
marc said:
People have been queuing to get in since 04:30 this morning, thousands of people.

I get the hype and people want to be the first, but bloody hell that's just madness lol.

FHP was out all night telling people to get lost. I was sound asleep but have had a few friends sent texts that they were at UO at 2 and were told to wait somewhere else.

Ready_23

Roller Poster
rtotheizzo17 said:
Ready_23 said:
Any chance of an apology yet Ethan? Seems like I got it pretty much spot on ;)

You were vomiting out information other people supplied. You weren't spot on anything.

I never claimed it was my own information if you read over my posts :) But Ethan shot me down on whatever I said including stuff that at the time wasnt all over the web at the time.

Lofty

CF Legend
You're clearly trying to instigate an argument - it would have just been easier to not comment...

Ready_23

Roller Poster
In all honesty I wasnt trying to but if you perceive it that way then im happy for my comment to be deleted. I didnt see people care when he tried to start an argument before when I just shared the information but hey ho.....

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
This is a discussion forum, and everyone is entitled to comment, agree, or disagree. Let's all stick to that, and focus on the discussion of the ride, not members.

Current wait time for Gringotts, 350 minutes. Good lord.

rtotheizzo17

Hyper Poster
^The Universal app has added 100 minutes to that total as of right now. I have heard the area is another 3-4 hour wait to get in, I don't know if I love anything enough to wait that long.

EthC

Mega Poster
Hmm... I'm fine thanks

BsCSkWsCcAAJpoi.jpg

peep

CF Legend
^Lol, you say that, to be honest we were all thinking the same... HOWEVER some of my twitter feed was mentioning fairly lengthy queues for the rest of the park. Obviously not ridiculously long but long considering Diagon alley just opened. Transformers was like an hour or two, as was Rip Ride Rockit. Gawd knows how many people are on park today. Sounds like Universal are well prepared after the catastrophe of the first phase of Potter though.

Fun fact: This morning some were reporting it was taking SIX hours just to get into Diagon Alley let alone on to the actual ride.

marc

CF Legend
It's mad, July is a busy time anyway add this new area it was always going to be crazy.

Give it two months the ride will be walk on lol.

I just don't see how any one can actually enjoy standing in a queue for 7-8 hours.

The ride is meant to have had at least 3 hours down time today which has not helped.

tomahawk

Strata Poster
Two months for walk on? That's way optimistic. Isn't Forbidden Journey still pulling 2+ hour during peak time?

Nothing is worth that wait. Well...almost nothing.

marc

CF Legend
We went in December and walked on all 4 times, granted Jordan went in Jan and there were huge queues.

If you go out of season you will have small queues new ride or not.

September as well is off peak and queues smaller.

I went in peak and even Shrek had a 4 hour queue the year it opened.

Tbh though I think it's amazing people would queue this long just to ride it on opening day. The thing is though over the next few weeks it's going to be like this everyday so it's just a case of getting on with it.

Martyn B

CF Legend
Yeah I never queued more than 15 mins for Forbidden Journey in September.

Jordanovichy said:
On the bright side...think how dead the rest of the park will be!

But the rest of the park is gash....

marc

CF Legend
I've just watched the pov, this is not a coaster is it? It's hard to tell but it looks like it just moves from scene to scene with no drops or lift hill etc.

It is hard to tell though.

Ethan

Strata Poster
You're right in that it's mostly a dark ride, but there is a launch and one big(ish) drop!

But now for the money shot...

v255Mo1.jpg

Stunning.

marc

CF Legend
Been reading reviews. Many are saying it's better than the other ride as the story and effects are better.

The coaster section is meant to be tiny but it is a coaster.

It's being described as the Indy ride meets Spider-Man which is fine by me.

I'm going to avoid anymore povs now and just wait to ride it.