What's new

USF | Harry Potter: Escape from Gringotts | Unknown

Martyn B

CF Legend
So, we now have confirmation that there will be a new coaster for the new Harry Potter land:

GRINGOTTS1.jpg

GRINGOTTS2.jpg

http://www.orlandounited.com/forums/sho ... on/page414

:--D

nadroJ

CF Legend
Re: Universal Studios Florida | Unknown | Unknown

Not that we didn't already know that, but yay! Moving quickly aren't they bloody hell! Let the speculation begin!

marc

CF Legend

We already know its the same people that made the Mummy as well.

I actually hope the layout is kept secret.

peep

CF Legend

I was reading the forums of where those two pics originated from. They have an inside source which seems to think it's an Intamin (apparently they spotted the head of the company on site). However they also seem to be suggesting that multiple companies have worked on this concept. The guy 'in the know' seems to be suggesting that we shouldn't be viewing this as a coaster, I can only assume he's hinting that this will just be a cross-over between Mummy and Forbidden Journey in that it'll have coastery sections like Mummy but with a motion vehicle or something.

Tbh, from those two pics I can't really tell what manufacturer that is because it looks similar to about 4 or 5 of them.

The same forum also has a poorly drawn image of the track layout (apparently). It's also meant to have a duel loading station. If the drawing has any accuracy to the actual layout then it's going to be a short ride which is why I think it's fake (or just totally made up) as someone else was saying it's meant to be a good 4 min ride. The more I read of that topic the more it reminded me of CF's SW7 topic. I.e. no one really knows anything and everyone just keeps repeating the same wild stabs in the dark at trying to call what's going to happen first.

Martyn, if you missed it in the original news topic, this coaster will be themed around the Gringotts (sp?) bank scenes so it should look really cool.

Intricks

Strata Poster

Im betting Universal has gone with a more disney approach for this...Vekoma.

I got the image to define a bit and it looks really blocky in regards to the ties.

Martyn B

CF Legend

Martyn, if you missed it in the original news topic, this coaster will be themed around the Gringotts (sp?) bank scenes so it should look really cool.

Yeah, I remember that. I did have a quick look through before posting this and there didn't seem to be any actual confirmation of a coaster, just lots of possible evidence.

Anyway, I thought they were going to have one area as the actual Hogsmeade 'Potter world' thing (IOA), and this area was going to be the London end, and the Hogwarts Express will link the two, like it does in the flims?

peep

CF Legend

Yeah, apparently the main building for the new area is King's Cross Station. Wasn't the bank in London though? It's been a while since I've watched any of the films.

Martyn B

CF Legend

I haven't a clue, but a quick look on Youtube show's it's run by some little hobbit/fantasy type creatures, so I'd guess it's in the Hogsmeade world.

nadroJ

CF Legend

The bank is in Diagon Alley, accessed through the Leaky Cauldron pub found in Kings Cross ;)

peep

CF Legend

Haha, thanks Potter goon ;)

It should look pretty awesome then.

Idlewild

Mega Poster

nadroJ said:
The bank is in Diagon Alley, accessed through the Leaky Cauldron pub found in Kings Cross ;)
Charing cross road.

(Former Harry Potter nut)

Universal will probably merge the two locations though.

bmac

Giga Poster

Haven't really paid attention to all the debating about this ride since it's gotten into the "shots in the dark" phase. I've heard Zierer, Intamin, and Premier could be doing this and the only thing the track gives me is that I honestly don't know how people can call that Intamin straight away.

Oh, is this the image you're speaking of?
3JtHo.jpg

I've had this **** in my folder for months :lol:, amazed someone actually thinks it's legit...

peep

CF Legend

Ha, I don't think anyone thinks the actual image is legit, from the way peeps were talking about it I think someone that is in the know who has seen the plans sort of drew it up to give everyone an idea of the layout? Could be totally wrong though :p

Lofty

CF Legend

That track looks like Premier in my opinion, I cannot see Intamin in it, at all in fact. There was also that rumour tht it's going to be a hybrid of a coaster & Dinosaur/Indy type of ride car, that went around for ages on fan sites. I suppose only time will tell.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator

Would one of these not make perfect sense (and have a similar track/spine)?

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5i2AAK408K8[/youtube]

I can't find a short clip of the scene in Gringotts, but it's pretty similar isn't it? With the seats remaining upright all the time, but the track rotating around the seats?

marc

CF Legend

I am sure there was a topic about this, may have ended up in the jaws topic where they said it was premier building this coaster.

Martyn B

CF Legend

Apparently, this is going to feature a 'free fall' section.

Lofty

CF Legend

It won't be long until nearly every manufacturer has jumped on that bandwagon.

Looking at the track and such, my guess is STILL between Premier/Intamin.

Both of them have made novel track pieces and elements. It really is just a guessing game until anything solid is confirmed.

bmac

Giga Poster

Note: Zierer has their track manufactured from the same company that manufactures Intamin's, so they're still in this.