What's new

USA June 2014 - Three Goons, One World Cup

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
As you might be aware, I spent the last two and bit weeks travelling around the east & midwest USA and southern Canada with Darren B and ECG. It was probably the most intense coaster trip I've been on. Long drives, loads of parks with "big occasion" coasters and limited sleep.

Day 1 - London To New Jersey
Trip reports usually start with the travel. I can't be arsed to go into detail but after killing six hours at Heathrow airport, Darren and I were on the plane to Newark airport.
usa14a_001.JPG

An uneventful and boring 10 hours later (including the burden of getting through USA immigration), we were at ECG's ready for the first day of theme parks.

Due to the re-re-re-scheduling of the Goliath (SFGAm) media day, our initial trip had to be altered so those who know the USA parks well might think our trip seems a little skew-whiff in places! Also, because I packed so much in, I might have the ride order mixed up but hey, only Darren and ECG will know/care.

Day 2 - Quassy, SF New England & Canobie Lake Park

Our first park visit was Quassy. Wooden Warrior is critically acclaimed so it was a nice way to kick off the trip. However, it wasn't our first coaster! We met up with the park manager who kindly sat and answered some questions and bought us coffee. I've met a lot of park managers over the years and occasionally there are one or two who shine through. Ron at Quassy was great. He's been with the company for many years, is enthusiastic and does it for the love as well as the money.

With our complementary wristbands on, we hit up our first cred - Little Dipper. It's a kiddie coaster that adults can ride with a child! Hurrah! The ride op obviously saw we were enthusiasts so we only endured one lap!

Ron gave us a geeky tour of Wooden Warrior.
usa14a_002.JPG

So enough we were on it ready to ride! The park was dead so Darren and I sat on it five times in a row. One back seat, one middle and three front seat rides. What a perfect little ride! It doesn't try to be anything it's not - it's a suitable family wooden coaster that offers enough thrills without too much WHOA!! The tunnel was great. Loved it.
usa14a_003.JPG

We said our goodbyes then headed to Six Flags New England to buy our season passes and tick off a few creds.

We didn't spend too much time at SFNE. Thankfully. I didn't like the park, it was one of the most soulless Six Flags parks I've visited. No defining themed areas, just rides plonked at each exit from the central plazza. I also didn't take any photos (on this day), so I'll run through the coasters I rode.
Bizarro - I was looking forward to this. It's popular, well ranked and an Intamin air time machine, so we waited for back row. I didn't like it. The restraints dug into the top of my thighs therefore making it an uncomfortable ride experience and I only got a bit of airtime from the first tow hills. The speed around the helices was fun, but that was spoilt by the brutal hill, turn and drop into the tunnel. I was very disappointed. ECG informed me that it was better "when it had blah blah". Tbh, I switched off whenever he informed me of a coaster's past. I was only interested in the ride I that I was experiencing as I have no reference to what it was like before I rode it for the first time. I'm sure it was better before they changed it but from what I rode on that day, it was meh.
Great Chase - A kiddie cred! Plus One & Done.
Flashback - Urgh. This was the first of many boomerangs on the trip. I sat somewhere near the middle, braced myself, felt sick and then we buggered off.

We were heading back to SFNE a few days later so I wasn't too fussed about Bizarro being crap and riding two **** coasters. I knew I had other rides to look forward to.

Another car journey later and we were at Canobie Lake Park. I love that USA parks tend to open until 10pm. Canobie is the prettiest parks I've ever been to. Here's an awful dark photo of the entrance.
usa14a_004.JPG

The park is neat and tidy. It was so charming. Neat flower beds, lush trees, clean, smooth pathways and a space between the solid line up of attractions.

We did Yankee Canonball which is a bland woodie earmarked as a "ACE Coaster Classic". It seems to me that the criteria for an ACE Coaster Classic was a) be white, b) be named Cyclone, Thunderbolt, Comet and c) be mediocre. Aside from being named something other than Cyclone etc, it was forgettable and white. No doubt it was great in the 1930's when it opened, but not so much nowadays. Although I did get more airtime on YC than Bizarro.

The next stop was Untamed. Wow, if coasters were ranked on looks alone, this woudl be a top 5. So much attention to detail. I loved the bear finials. There was one on every fence post.
usa14a_005.JPG

Gorgeous station and sexy trains <3
usa14a_006.JPG

usa14a_007.JPG

I also thought the decorative supports were fab.
usa14a_008.JPG

usa14a_009.JPG

It's just a shame it's a rough Eurofighter. If I had a choice between a Eurofighter and a Boomerang, I'd probably just about opt for the boomerang.

We wandered around the park to the lake - which looked beautiful in the setting sun - and to the third coaster - Corkscrew. Again, it looked lovely. However, it was meh once again.

The other coaster we rode was the Junior Dragon Coaster. It was simply a plus one, although we had some annoying girls on the ride who kept calling it "swag". Oh dear. Groups of teenage American girls were soon to be come the most annoying thing about America.

Before we left, we did the Ghost Train. It was ok, quite long and plenty of **** going on. Probably my favourite ride at the park. Darren also did the log flume.

That ended Day 1. Three parks, all with different personalities. Quassy is worth visiting for Wooden Warrior (there isn't much else there for adult thrill seekers). SFNE is the run of the mill SF park with a disappointing signature ride. Canobie is gorgeous, it simply lacks anything outstanding.

In the next part - Ice Poles, Dinosaur downtime, Excali-bore and Pikey Playland.

marc

CF Legend
Looking forward to the next part :)

Just like with Gavin when you two do reports it's like being there.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
Agreed about SFNE. I actually liked Bizzaro a lot, but there was nothing else there that was any good, and I thought the park itself was awful.

I love Bizarro, how dare you have an opinion that differs from mine! Seeing pictures of Quassy pisses me off because it spited us on our trip a few years ago.

Stoked to see more!

caffeine_demon

Strata Poster
LiveForTheLaunch said:
I love Bizarro, how dare you have an opinion that differs from mine! Seeing pictures of Quassy pisses me off because it spited us on our trip a few years ago.

Ditto, just about everywhere!! :goon:

Jarrett

Most Obnoxious Member 2016
Well this TR is off to a good start, and Canobie and Untamed look fabulous! Can't wait to see EIGHT Goons One World Cup! :p

Darren B

Giga Poster
Day 1 London to Newark

The day started with me waking up at the crack of dawn getting my haircut, packing my suitcase and all in time to meet Tom (Delpiero) at Thorpe Park for 10:00. We couldn't stay at TP for long as Tom had to get to work and I had to get to Ian's. Swarm was down so we settled with 2 rides on Stealth and a back row ride on Nemesis Inferno (which is riding extremely well again!), Tom finally got himself on Slammer whilst I watched and smoked 3 cigarettes (the loading was awfully slow). We said our goodbyes around 11 and I was off to Bell Towers.

After arriving at Ian's we quickly sashayed to Eastleigh train station and boarded the train to Basingstoke where Ian's friend gave us a lift to Heathrow.

Once at Heathrow it dawned on us that we had 6 hours to kill until our flight was due to depart so we tried our best to amuse ourselves. Firstly we had a cigarette. Then we grabbed some dinner; 2 American girls were sat at the bar and were slightly interested in the pair of us. I stood next to them and ordered food & drinks, I insisted to the barman that Ian had 2 straws in his pint as that was 'his thing'. The barman obliged, the girls didn't bother looking again. After food we smoked a cigarette.

With 30 minutes down we sat in a waiting area and judged people for a couple of hours; I also noticed on Facebook that it was Peter and Jarrett's birthday's so we sent them birthday photo's
photo2-1_zps085ebf0e.jpg

photo1_zpsdfc30d7d.jpg

The next few hours were spent **** about and smoking cigarettes before it was finally time to board our flight (Virgin Atlantic A340-600 for the plane goons that are interested).

The flight was long and uneventful. I watched Anchorman 2 which was crap, polished off my amazingly salty meal (Sorry, Peep, no photo's) and consumed a few alcoholic beverages whilst smoking my fake cigarette. Ian, who was unhappy with the amount of Gin he was receiving in his G&T made his way to the back of the aircraft, requested another drink and proceeded to look out of the window bending over in front of the male flight attendant whilst doing so. He returned to his seat with a plastic cup full of Gin. We both grabbed some sleep towards the end of the flight until finally we had made it to the land of the free, and the home of the brave! America, YEAH.

We were met by Jerry and shared a man hug with him before heading off to his. On route we drove passed Manhattan and got some fabulous views of the World Trade Centre and Empire State Building lit up at night. Once at Jerry's we were given the itinerary for the trip and grabbed a few hours sleep in preparation for the next day.

Darren B

Giga Poster
DAY 2, Quassy, SFNE & Canobie Lake Park

We started the day at Quassy amusement park and were met by Ron the park manager. He insisted on giving us wristbands so we could whore Wooden Warrior. We started off by riding the little dipper so I could make WW my 200th, +1 gained and it was off to the star of the show.

Wooden Warrior is seriously good! I can see why enthusiasts cream all over this little woodie, it packs in so much for a coaster that stands at just 40ft tall. Airtime in a tunnel was the highlight of the ride;
photo2_zpseb8e2c0f.jpg

After whoring WW we were treated to a coffee by Ron, said our goodbyes and headed off to Six Flags New England to get our season passes sorted out.

Ian and I got ours sorted pretty quickly whilst Jerry was having issues with a previously purchased season pass, they hadn't included parking which Jerry had paid for so he headed off to guest services for some outrage. Me and Ian left him to enjoy himself as there was only one place we were heading off too; BIZARRO! This was the coaster I was looking forward to the most as I expected it to be a bigger, better take on Expedition GeForce. I was left disappointed, every airtime hill was met with pain; the restraints were digging into my thighs really badly and ruined my first 2 rides. I then had a go at riding it with my legs crossed, it seemed more comfortable sat in the station so I was optimistic. As we moved up the lift hill and down the first drop the first airtime hill loomed, and then WHAM! pure airtime and no pain, NOW I see why this coaster is rated so highly; glorious airtime throughout, Fantastic ride! have an ORP...
Image2_zpsa7d871f6.jpg

After a couple of rides on Bizarro we grabbed a couple of plus 1's (we were returning in a couple of days to mop up) and headed out the park and off to Canobie Lake Park.

CLP is gorgeous, so clean, tidy and green. Shame the rides couldn't match up though. Yankee Cannonball was bland and a bit of a spine breaker. Untamed looked the part;
Image1_zps9a87bc90.jpg

but rode like ****.

Rage at Adventure Island is a much better version of this Eurofighter clone. Canobie corkscrew was crap and the dragon coaster a +1. To finish off the day I took a ride on the log flume which was quite fab; I left my phone with Ian and Jerry and returned to this;
Image_zps112e663b.jpg

That was it for day 1, a fantastic way to start the trip.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Darren B said:
BIZARRO! This was the coaster I was looking forward to the most as I expected it to be a bigger, better take on Expedition GeForce. I was left disappointed, every airtime hill was met with pain; the restraints were digging into my thighs really badly and ruined my first 2 rides. I then had a go at riding it with my legs crossed, it seemed more comfortable sat in the station so I was optimistic. As we moved up the lift hill and down the first drop the first airtime hill loomed, and then WHAM! pure airtime and no pain, NOW I see why this coaster is rated so highly; glorious airtime throughout, Fantastic ride! have an ORP...
Image2_zpsa7d871f6.jpg
This onride photo was taken on our second day at SFNE as we only rode it once on day one. There's no way our faces would have been so joyous after the first ride! And for the record, that is a fake smile I'm wearing. Darren insisted that I smile for the ORP!

Day 3 - Story Land, Funtime Splashtown & Palace Playland

Day three was a Saturday, so ECG planned the smaller parks for the weekend. He knows what he's talking about so I trusted him 100% to plan the entire trip because I knew it would maximise time at the parks.

We started the day at Story Land.
usa14a_001a.JPG

This park would have probably been skipped if it wasn't for the new woodie - Roar-O-Saurus. After riding Wooden Warrior, I was dead excited about about riding R-O-S.

After cashier faff, we were in the park and it jumped out to me as a "CF park", where, with the right group of Goons/Mongs, this would be a perfect park to mince about in. Think Blackgang Chine meets Paultons Park meets Quassy and you're there. Plenty of stuff to muck about with/on/in.
usa2014b_002.JPG

usa2014b_003.JPG

usa2014b_004.JPG

usa2014b_005.JPG

We made our way to R-O-S. We got in the queue line only to be turned away at the station because it was down, or, as the ride op put it, "the dinosaur isn't very well at the moment".
usa2014b_006.JPG

We hung around for 20mins or so until we decided to get the other coaster in the park out of the way - Polar Explorer, or Polar Express, or even Polarsaurus. I can't remember the name but ECG's Polarsaurs description is best.

There's a half decent attempt at theming going on here. The station is an ice cave complete with an actual melting ice pole outside. I was fascinated by this.
usa2014b_012.JPG

The top of the ice cave houses a viewing platform and a smaller cave for children to stand in. It's fab.
usa2014b_007.JPG

usa2014b_008.JPG

usa2014b_009.JPG

usa2014b_010.JPG

usa2014b_011.JPG

The ride itself was ok. Went on with no expectations, enjoyed it, walked off. Added one to my coaster count and felt amused. I would reride it but wouldn't visit Story Land there just for it.

We headed back over to Roar O Saurus. We had two other parks to visit on this day so decided to sit and wait. And wait. And wait. Darren and I made good use of the smoking areas and we found ourselves some shade to sit in. I also grabbed a park mascot photo with Humpty Dumpty.
usa2014b_013.JPG

After a bit more waiting, we heard Roar-o-saurus testing and ran to the queue! Hurrah!
usa2014b_014.JPG

In total we managed two rides - one on the back and one on the front. We would have got a third but the dinosaur got poorly once again. This was also a disappointment...not the ride, but the fact we couldn't ride it again! It's brilliant! There's about 10 good pops of airtime, it twists perfectly and keeps a good pace throughout. If my coaster count was less than 100, this would easily make my top 10. I know what's going to happen here. Both R-O-S and WW will forever be compared due to their similarity. Coaster snobs, such as ACE, will probably rank WW higher because it was the first and Quassy is a more traditional theme park. R-O-S is better. It's the natural successor to Wooden Warrior. Wooden Warrior is a Burger King burger, R-O-S is a Five Guys. It wouldn't surprise me if ACE break into Quassy, paint WW white and rename it Cyclone Warrior in order to keep it in the public eye. I'm not knocking Wooden Warrior, I just think R-O-S is the better of the two.

usa2014b_015.JPG

usa2014b_016.JPG

usa2014b_017.JPG

The trains are awesome.
usa2014b_018.JPG

Watch the POV!
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CKGMaoP4mv4[/youtube]

Our next park stop was Funtime Splashtown.

I've heard this park mentioned in passing but had no idea what to expect. Darren and ECG informed me that they was a wooden coaster there. Because I had not heard about it (or paid any attention in the past), I was expecting a mediocre, forgettable woodie. We ended up riding Excalibur three times, twice in the front and once in the back. The first two hills were fantastic, really out of my seat stuff but after that, it died. The station has a Camelot feel to it, well, the outside does. Inside it looks like a warehouse. ECG was called "awesome sauce" by a silly girl after he let her ahead of him.

We also rode the log flume and the drop tower which has a great bit of theming outside.
usa2014b_019.JPG

The tat shop was full of crap, I picked up some awful tat to give away at GhosterForce <3 I didn't fancy buying one of these though...
usa2014b_020.JPG

We travelled to Old Orchard Beach in Maine to Palace Playland. It was so ghetto! I felt at home because it seemed like a British seaside park. Pikey game stalls, ride tokens and several portable rides. We were spited by the Galaxy coaster because they didn't have an operator who was trained to run it. We did get the Junior Dragon cred though. ECG rode a spin and spew. Darren rode the log flume. I took photos of fat people on Darren's phone. I'm thoughtful like that.

We didn't hang around for long because ECG and Darren wanted to watch the football world cup. We found a Buffalo Wild Wings where we had a few beers and watched the game like boys do. I didn't watch the game, I sat there using the free wifi and eating the hottest chicken wings in town. ECG might be "awesome sauce", but I'm the "Sauce Boss".
[tweet]https://twitter.com/ianmbell/status/475491773343875074[/tweet]

Day 3 was enjoyable. I enjoyed the discovery and childish cheesiness of Story Land which is punctuated by Roar-o-Saurus and I got to ride a coaster of two halves at Funtime.

In part three - A day of firsts! The first vibrating bottom coaster of the trip, my first GIB and the first coaster on this trip to enter my top 10.

Jordanovichy

Credit Whore 2016
I've loving these reports guys.

The theming on Untamed looks soooo good. Those beech tree designed supports <3 Shame the roughness let's it down overall but that's a Eurofighter for you! :lol:

Can't wait for more, I would like to see more food in these reports though guys ;)

DelPiero

Strata Poster
I've apparently been really busy and didn't notice this had popped up. Love it, good reports guys, can't wait for more.

Chris Coasters

Strata Poster
Awesome trip report guys! I visited most of these parks last year and its fun reading about others who went to them. I'll be riding Roar-o-Saurus in a week and cannot wait. Can't wait for the rest of the report.

Serena

Miss CoasterForce 2016
Staff member
Social Media Team
Loving this report so far! Roar-o-saurus looks so cute. Can't wait to hear more about your trip (especially Thunderbolt)

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Thank you for all of the comments and those who have read without commenting <3

I've fixed the Story Land photos in my last post. Sorry for any confusion.

Radaxian said:
Can't wait to hear more about your trip (especially Thunderbolt)
Thunderbolt was right at the end of the trip so you've got a while to wait for that!

Day 4 - Six Flags New England (again) and Lake Compounce

We arrived at the SFNE nice and early which gave Darren enough time to empty his bowels in a clean toilet and for me to hear the Star-Spangled Banner being played. Bloody Americans.

We were held by the central plaza by a rope and a security guard. As soon as the rope dropped, we ran to Goliath the GIB. It wasn't working when we visited a few days before so we wanted to ride it. ECG spotted some scumbags jumping the rope so ran ahead of them so we could be first on <3

I had mixed feelings about riding Goliath. Excited to ride a GIB, upset it had a Boo-meh-rang layout. We sat front row and it was actually quite comfortable. The backwards pull up the lift hill was great, really sexy view of the ground. The drop was fab as was the rush through the station. The cobra roll, loop and return weren't as bad as a normal boomerang - I didn't grey out! I think these coaster are one-time rides. Unlike Darren's Mum who is worth several rerides.

With the GIB out of the the way, ECG and I rode the new for 2014 Star Flyer whilst Darren did the rapids. I can now claim to have ridden the three tallest Star Flyers in the world in their opening years. ECG can also boast the same AND that he had IFC sitting beside him each time.

Afterwards we did Cyclone. It's white, mediocre and called Cyclone, therefore it's an ACE Classic. Urgh. No comment on it, simply forgettable like most (not all) ACE Classics. It's going to be RMCd soon so should I return to SFNE, I'm guaranteed another cred <3

The spinning coaster Pandemonium was next. One and done. Slightly more memorable due to the inwards facing seats.

Then came another bland and forgettable white coaster called Thunderbolt. I can't remember if it's an ACE Classic or not but it did tick all the boxes.

After a morning of rides blander than Lord Morton standing in a show home with magnolia walls, we headed to Bizarro. It was then we realised how quiet the park was. There was a whooping five minute wait for Bizarro! 10mins if you include the front row queue. Perhaps people read how overrated IFC said it was?
[tweet]http://twitter.com/ianmbell/status/475721528634773505[/tweet]

We rode it three times that day, once in the front and two elsewhere. ECG made a friend!
usa14c_002.JPG

I have to give ECG some thanks here. He rode with a new "friend" on 99% of the rides throughout the entire trip so me and Darren could sit together (usually on front or back so I could get goon points).

After a total of four rides on Bizarro, I still didn't rate it. It did next to nothing for me. The speed is fantastic but that's it. I suffered from thigh-digging restraint action and lack of airtime. The only one ride I enjoyed is when I sat with my ankles crossed over one another. By lowering my thighs and it was slightly better. IMO, a great coaster is one you can ride time and time again without getting bored of or having to unnaturally bend one's body into a suitable position. For me, Bizarro was the first (but not the last!) disappointment of the trip. Despite my disappointment, I did ride it several times because I wanted to get something from it but sadly it never delivered.

Darren loved the "rock" music in the Bizarro queue. It sounded like Nickleback but it was some other band I've never heard of...or what to hear again. At least it was better than "national treasure" B*Witched #injoke
usa14c_003.JPG

Cred mopping happened.

Mouthful The Ride, or Gotham City Gauntlet Escape from Arkham Asylum to give it it's full name was walk on.
usa14c_005.JPG

It's a wild mouse with effects.
usa14c_004.JPG

The most exciting thing to happen on the ride was Darren's refillable drinks bottle was stolen. This created much anger. Not even our accents, which is so powerful in the USA, could get a replacement or refund.

The first Vibrating Bottom Coaster of the trip, Catwoman's Whip quickly followed. It didn't let me down, I had a vibrating bottom (USA: fanny) from the first drop to the station. The first coaster at SFNE to make me smile!

My smile didn't last long as the SLC, Mind Eraser, followed.
usa14c_006.JPG

Although the ride experience is awful, I secretly enjoy the visuals on a tightly packed SLC. Would I ride it again? Of course not.

Dur-ur-dur-dur-ur, dur-ur-dur-dur-ur BATMAN!
usa14c_007.JPG

One thing SF parks USA do well is the Batman coasters. I adore the queue line theming. Ok, so I wouldn't want to be stuck in the queue for hours and hours, but to walk through (like we did), is something quite special. The gardens, the industrial part, the station...sweet! Pre 2005 B&Ms seem to be a lot better than the stuff that churned out during the late 00's. Thankfully, in the last two or three years, B&M seem to be getting back to their old ways. Batman ended up being my favourite coaster at SFNE. To celebrate, I had my photo taken with Scooby and Scrappy Doo.
usa14c_008.JPG

With all the coasters under our belts, we had a quick go on the drop tower on our way out. Well, I did the drop side, Darren and ECG did the shot tower. It was ok.
usa14c_009.JPG

We jumped in the car and headed 30 miles or so south to Lake Compounce.
usa14c_010.JPG

I do apologise for the crappy photo but despite using the best camera in the world (an iPhone), I just pointed and clicked. No effort was taken with any of my photo taking.

We had to wait 7mins until we could get in on the reduced evening rate. I could see Boulder Dash up on the mountain and I was feeling excited...and dehydrated. After stocking up on several of the free fizzy drinks (US: sodas), we decided to tick boxes first.

Wildcat front row. White. Medicore. Old. ACE Coaster Classic - probably. Slightly less forgettable than the others but right now I'm struggling to remember why. Hmmm.

More fizzy drinks later and Darren and I were riding another **** Boomerang, hysterically named "Zoomerang". One and done.

We didn't attempt the kiddie cred. CBA. Free fizzy drinks FTW.

Then yay! BOULDER DASH! You can tell by my use of capital letter how excited I am recalling this coaster.
usa14c_011.JPG

I approach every new-to-me coaster with an open mind. I realise how opinions work and that they might differ from my own. I'm was aware of the hype and found it slightly difficult not to be excited. It was only running one train ("Lake Compounce on a weekday!") so the queue took a while but soon enough Darren and I were sat front row and heading up that glorious lift hill into the unknown.

The first drop was underwhelming. It's not terrible, it simply didn't give me that rush I expected. as soon as it entered the trees, up the small hill and through the little S-bend, I was hooked! Hill after hill after hill! The little left and right turns were enough to give the coaster an extra dimension and the pace was gnnnnrrrr sexy. The first few hills weren't mega-bum-off-seat moments, but enough to whet one's goony appetite. Then came the speedy downwards turnound and the ride milked me right back to the station! Eight or so wonderful moments of blissful, perfectly punctuated airtime. I'm not one to whoop or cheer on a coaster (because I'm British, not American) but by the forth hill before the brake run, I was applauding above my head and screaming in ecstasy. Phe-nom-en-al.
[tweet]http://twitter.com/ianmbell/status/475843680033849344[/tweet]

"But Ian, why isn't Boulder Dash your number one after that cream-your-pants description?" is what I think you're probably not thinking. do you know what I like about Outlaw Run? EVERYTHING! #injoke Outlaw Run remains, in my eyes, the perfect coaster because it's good from start to finish. OR is like a wonderful orchestra playing to a crescendo. It's sweet music right from the naughty shove at the top of the lift hill until the cheeky inversion at the end. It builds up throughout the ride, gathering momentum in a physically majestic way until the sexy flourish right at the end. Boulder Dash comes in at number two because I didn't rate the first drop. I'm being extremely picky here but FFS, it's jumped straight in as my second favourite coaster out of the 600 or so coasters I've been on. I rode Outlaw Run six times in total, Boulder Dash three times (1 x back and 2 x front).

Make your own mind up!
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B0pF75xFPqs[/youtube]
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g2FfVADMq9U[/youtube]

Boulder Dash gave me some of the best memories of this trip. Firstly there was the sexy ride op who Darren was infatuated with (Makes a chance from him being flatuated). From her grin to her visual scan, Darren was in love.

Secondly was the LOL moment. There was a group of women all with outrageous hair (think Amy Winehouse) doing the typical boisterous "look at me" screaming and shouting thing in the queue line and on the train as it left the station. When the train returned to the station, all but one of the group of girls were still screaming. One of them was sat there sheepishly without her big hair and a just a silly hairnet thing on. Boulder Dash had claimed her wig and made the entire station point and laugh raucously at her. Serves the **** bitch right. Boulder Dash, I love you <3

If you've read this far, thanks :) To sum up this day, Six Flags New England remained on my mediocre list. What I had learnt so far on this trip was that wooden coasters tend to blend into one after a while and I forget their distinctive moments. The vast, vast majority of ACE Classics and mediocre woodies are forgettable, but occasionally I'll ride a wooden coaster that's something special and I never want to forget.

In the next part...
usa14c_012.JPG

Jordanovichy

Credit Whore 2016
Ahhh I want to ride Boulder Gash. You certainly seemed to enjoy it! What did Darren think? (I suppose we'll find out when he does a report :lol: ) What does ECG think of it?

jj23w

Hyper Poster
The trip reports are amazing I need to get to these places.im surprised you rate rage higher.