GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic
Re: Zamperla Inverted Coaster 2015

Spiral lift + inverted track + Family + Zamperla = family Volare

Sent from my VS840 4G using Tapatalk

Martyn B

CF Legend

Surely RCDB would have it down as a Volare, if it were to be one? Also, I'm pretty certain that a Universal park would never install a Volare, ever.

peep

CF Legend

Ah yes, the mysterious Universal Singapore cred. No one seems to really know what it is but considering what park this is being installed in it'll probably be more like a Vekoma family suspended.

TilenB

Strata Poster

My guess is that it's a clone of Vekoma SFC (or at least a very, very similar ride). I'm guessing that after all the problems with Battlestar Galactica, USS didn't want Vekoma to work on their newest coaster...

Lofty

CF Legend

TilySlo said:
My guess is that it's a clone of Vekoma SFC (or at least a very, very similar ride).
I didn't realise SFC's have a spiral lift? ;)

PeskyTrimBrake

Hyper Poster

I thought is was Vekoma. Well now that I notice, the tracks do look like Thunderbolt's.

Darren B

Giga Poster

It's going to be hideous. Zamperla really need to get out of the habit of building anything above 10ft because they just can't do it.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team

They've made one passable coaster - the mine train at Ocean Park - and that really is it.

I guess the wild mouse thing at ME World was ok actually, but that park closed down years ago.

They should stick to flat rides; they're actually very good at that.

roomraider

Best Topic Starter

I'm assuming the near clone of Ocean Parks Mine Train in India is also similarly good. Isn't the new Thunderbolt at Luna Park also supposed to be good?

The new spinning coaster in Turkey looks pretty good too

Istan5.jpg

Istan3.jpg

Ben

CF Legend

roomraider said:
I'm assuming the near clone of Ocean Parks Mine Train in India is also similarly good. Isn't the new Thunderbolt at Luna Park also supposed to be good?

What's that clone called and are there pictures, cause that sounds weird I wanna see.

And nah everyone safe Thunderbolt is dire. Just look at it.

Darren B

Giga Poster

Thunderbolt as Coney Island is **** awful! Yes, it looks good, but it rides like ****.

cjbrandy

Hyper Poster

Darren B said:
Thunderbolt as Coney Island is **** awful! Yes, it looks good, but it rides like ****.

Are you the guy in the CF POV who says "that was absolutely awful. How can it be so bad, it's brand new"?

Darren B

Giga Poster

My claim to fame.

Please PM me your details and I'll get you a signed photo out first thing in the morning.

cjbrandy

Hyper Poster

/\ Lol I was just wondering because I knew it would have been someone on here rather than a GP.

roomraider

Best Topic Starter

Ben said:
roomraider said:

What's that clone called and are there pictures, cause that sounds weird I wanna see.

And nah everyone safe Thunderbolt is dire. Just look at it.

Gold Rush Express at Adlabs Imagica. The first half is pretty much the same apart from some re profiling into and out of the helix. The second half doesn't have a brake run but replaces it with a hop.

ml8o00004ltepc480039oq.jpg