What's new

Unusual Excitement to Ride Something

Jarrett

Most Obnoxious Member 2016
Have you ever been strangely excited to ride a coaster that you heard almost nothing about? Every review of this coaster classifies it as either meh or offensive, yet you can't wait to get on it for some reason? Maybe it looks to do something that only you enjoy, maybe you just really like the theme, but for whatever reason, you're the only one who you've ever heard of wanting to ride this thing.

Cheetah Hunt- This was really the first coaster to go to the top of my bucket list when I got into enthusiasm. I loved the way it combined art with what looked to be an absolutely killer ride in a beautiful setting. It looked so fast, the maneuvers looked interesting, and it was absolutely beautiful to wrap it all up. I was all over this thing, I built a coaster out of pretzels for that Snyder's of Hanover contest, I was checking BGTNation multiple times a night, I was recreating it in RCT3, to this date I actually don't think I've ever been as obsessed with a coaster as I was with this stupid thing towards the end of my junior year. A lot of people were complaining that it's forceless when it opened but that didn't bother me, I was never much of a force guy and I could tell it did the things I knew I would enjoy. This remained at the top of my bucket list until I rode it in 2013 and lo and behold, it shot right to my number one spot and continues to be not only a favorite for me but one of my most sentimental coasters.

Hades 360- Ever since I got into the modern wooden coaster at the beginning of this season, the #GreatLakes2017 trip I'm leaving for in five days (!!!) has done nothing but get me all excited for all the post-2000 wooden coasters I'll be riding. I'm excited for Goliath and Renegade as most should expect, but one thing I'm absolutely dying to get on that I've heard is nothing but vile is Hades 360. I've only heard a couple positive reviews of this ride here on CF and it seems to be one of Gravity Group's most panned creations, but to me, this looks like the right way to do a rough coaster. Gravity Groups are usually pretty violent and toss you about, so maybe putting some Son of Beast-esque grit would make for an already violent experience into something more insane than we could have ever hoped to get from modern engineering and maintenance. I actually have very high hopes for this one.

Howie

Donkey in a hat
Yes I have.
Probably gonna get some flack for this but... I was quite excited to ride Goudurix. Excited? Perhaps I mean nervous. Nervous about having the **** kicked out of me, nervous about the notoriety of the thing - whatever, it doesn't matter. Excited, nervous - either way, it's a such a rare thing these days to be excited or nervous by the prospect of riding a coaster, that I cherish that feeling wherever I can get it.
When it turned out to be much less brutal than expected, there was a brief moment of unexpected exhilaration too when I came off unscathed. Bonus!

Ireeb

Mega Poster
I would really like to ride the Smiler, mainly because the way it looks. I like the funky crazy theme and the fact that it looks like a big pile of steel beams. It doesn't bother be that some found it unsmooth or said that some elements were "forced" into the layout and unnecessary or that it had a crash.
That coaster looks just insane, that's why I want to try it.

Edward M

Strata Poster
Colossos @ Thorpe Park was a big one for me. Despite it being generally hated, I had wanted to ride it so much as a kid since it had 10 inversions. For a kid who had had 0 inversions, it seemed to fun and scary. Well, it was awful so. Ya.

Similar to Howie, I was really excited to ride T3 since I had never done an SLC. I was just so curious how such a hated coaster could ride. Didn't really hate it though. In fact, I prefer the SLC, Gauntlet, to a few Batman clones.

Lastly, there is Spin-O-Saurus. This is one of those double spiral 8 ft tall spinning coasters. They had always looked kind of exciting and well done for such a small and cheap coaster. I was actually really excited to ride one. I also really enjoyed it! Nothing very special, but it is better than most spinning flat rides.

IG9887

Roller Poster
Despite half the community being in the forceless camp, Im rather excited for Mille largely in part to make I305 look even worse (sadly) and redeem the Gigas after my experience on I305... :emoji_neutral_face: