What do you like better?

• Universal Studios Florida

Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Islands of Adventure

Votes: 8 72.7%

• Total voters

Hutch

Strata Poster
These two great parks make up Universal Orlando Resort. Which do you prefer?

Studios, the original park, has a combination of coasters/thrill rides, shows, and other simulators. Next year it will also be getting Diagon Alley as an expansion to the Harry Potter World in IoA.

IoA has six different themed areas filled with a variety of great rides and pretty theming.

Personally I found Islands of Adventure more memorable. I preferred it's coasters over Universal Studios Florida, and it has possibly the two best dark rides ever built. The theming and atmosphere was also something I found better than Studios.

Edward M

Strata Poster
Islands of Adventures has Harry Potter, Spiderman, Jurassic Park, Dudley, Hulk, and Dueling Dragons plus a more adventurous and fun atmosphere that mixes well.

Universal Studios has Revenge of the Mummy, Men in Black, Transformers, Rip Ride Rockit, and Simspons plus a not very adventurous or fun atmosphere.

Yeah, I prefer Islands of Adventure, but I love them both.

DelPiero

Strata Poster
There were only a few attractions at USF that I really enjoyed. The dark rides do immerse you, and they are fun, but apart from Transformers and MIB, I had no inclination to go again. Mummy was excellent though. Whereas I could have spent a lot more time at IOA as most of the attractions there were excellent and very re-rideable. It's also very picturesque, all viewpoints over the lagoon offer a different view.
IOA is the clear winner for me.

Rachel

Coaster MILF
I enjoyed Universal Studios a lot more than I thought I would. In terms of rides the parks are about equal - both have fantastic rides and both have some 'meh' rides. I'll go with Islands of Adventure - I loved the themed lands and the layout of the park. Plus it has Potter and butterbeer <3.

Lottie.

Mega Poster
Whilst I love Universal Studios, I am more in love with Islands of Adventure. Even more so now they have Harry Potter! They've got great coasters in Hulk and Dueling Dragons, water rides that get you wet no matter what (Dudley! <3), and in general I love the whole park and the different lands. :)

marc

CF Legend
In the past I would say IoA, but last time I went I preferred Universal.

If it was not for the Harry Potter ride I would not even go back to IoA as it's so run down and the rides have not been looked after.

One the new Harry Potter stuff opens I can see it overtaking IoA.

ATTACKHAMMER

Strata Poster
Love both but IOA for me. I love Ripsaw Falls, Hulk, Spider-Man and Popeye's Barges! Universal Studios is a great park but just isn't as good.

marc

CF Legend
The rides are better at IoA but as I've been going since it opened I have just found it aged badly as have the rides which is a shame.

insanecoastervids

Hyper Poster
I have not been to Universal or IOA but from what I have seen the original has been getting the good stuff lately and IOA does have Harry Potter but Universal will have the better part of Harry Potter when it opens in 2014 so I will say Universal.