What's new

Universal Orlando | Skull Island: Reign of Kong | Unknown

peep

CF Legend
Re: Universal Orlando | King Kong Attraction | Unknown

Glad to see this officially announced. The creative guy in charge has provided us with an interesting interview already too... link

Very excited about this ride, lots of interesting elements being added to it. It's also been confirmed that the ride vehicles will be driven by actual drivers and not automatically on a rail.

nadroJ

CF Legend

Yessss this needs to get in my face! I love how Universal have just been going from strength to strength, they really have become a force to be reckoned with.

Your move Disney ;D

PS - Summer 2016, when do we think this will be roughly? I'm heading over end of May but can probably convince the fam to push it back a bit if things aren't going to be open until later.

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator

My best guess will be the 27. May, 2016 for the opening date. Still a bit far off to say for sure, but Memorial Day weekend is considered the official start of summer here in the States and the time most new major attractions go public.

nadroJ

CF Legend

Fab in that case I should be there for opening <3

I'm not a fan of King Kong really, but this looks pretty awesome. The bit of the studio tour themed to King Kong in Cali was good so I'm sure this will be loads better.

Back in the day I seen Universal as sort of a supplementary thing to Disney. It has completely just blown me away in recent years though!

Pink Cadillac

Giga Poster

Although I'm not stoked for the attraction, I love the aesthetic of skull Island and I'm eager to see how they pull it off.

Alex23

Roller Poster

The insiders on OU seem to think the driver will be similar to the scene in the Mummy on the MCBR where it is just a silhouette as in one of the scenes Kong will come and rip the driver out of the RV.

Lofty

CF Legend

This sounds fabulous - I can't wait to see it.

If that happens with the Driver, that would be so so so so so so so cool.

Pink Cadillac

Giga Poster

The exterior is looking decent
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJi_liHiopw[/youtube]

owentaylor121

Giga Poster
Re: Universal Orlando | Skull Island: Reign of Kong | Unknow

2a2a671facbdaf583ad63f849e99570b.jpg

So lighting inside the attraction is being tested and all I can say is OH MY GOD! It looks incredible!

Picture credit: Orlando theme park news

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Pink Cadillac

Giga Poster

Omg so much better than I expected. Just imagine it at nightfall and added sound. Never ridden one of these but it seems like such a waste.

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic

This looks great. My only problem is how tacky the fake mountains look. Other than that, this'll be a fantastic ride.

spicy

Giga Poster

It looks incredible, I just hate the fact that it's basically in the Jurassic Park area.

peep

CF Legend

They were testing the huge doors yesterday. OMG it is going to be epic.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

TheCoasterCruiser

Giga Poster

Looks great!
Does anyone know exactly what this is? I'm thinking an extended immersive tunnel, but I'm kinda expecting more.

Jamesss

Hyper Poster

Not a fan of the 2D mountains. You can do better than that Universal!

peep

CF Legend

TheCoasterCruiser said:
Looks great!
Does anyone know exactly what this is? I'm thinking an extended immersive tunnel, but I'm kinda expecting more.
Yeah it's essentially an extended immersive tunnel with an upgraded ride vehicle and some animatronics.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

oriolat2

Giga Poster

So, is that curvy outdoor section part of the ride's layout or is it part of the queue? I am so confused!

When I rode the tunnel attraction at Movie Park I felt a bit underwhelmed. The background story was so well done and the queue was so immersive, but the ride experience itself left a lot to be desired...

Hopefully Universal will pull something a lot more elaborate and cohesive than just moving forwards and then backwards (which I found a bit anticlimatic on the German version).