What's new

CANCELLED - Unfinnished Business | FINLAND |24th - 26th Jul 2020

Chris Brown

Mr CoasterForce 2016
Finland 24th – 26th July 2020

I’d love to start the topic with a witty prologue discussing Finland and all its famous for, but I cant. Flat pack furniture? No, that’s its blonder, better looking, neighbour. Abba? No, that’s also its neighbour. I’ve scraped the barrel and all I can find is that there’s lots of pine forests, pine forests and lakes. So, come on everyone, lets go to Finland and see lots of lakes and pine forests… Not very engaging, sorry.

The Parks

Sarkanniemi 24th

A city park with 5 creds, known for its charming lakeside atmosphere.

PowerPark 25th

A relatively new park with 6 operating coasters and a new one being built for 2020. Also home to some of Europe’s best go kart tracks if anyone fancies a race!

Linnanmaki 26th

Another city park packed full of attractions and atmosphere. 8 Roller coasters with the standout being Taiga, the new for 2019 Intamin multilaunch coaster.

The Itinerary

CoasterForce will organise all of your transport and accommodation from the meet up point to the drop point. We’ll have a selection of CF’s finest drivers ready to chauffeur you (and your small hand luggage type bag) from park to accommodation. Accommodation will be arranged, with attendee’s being asked for input on room pairings / groupings. Everyone will be staying in the same accommodation to keep the group together to ensure no one is left out and everyone has the flexibility to do whatever you fancy in the evenings / mornings. CoasterForce will hope to arrange the accommodation and park entry at a discounted rate and all savings will be passed equally to attendees once the trip has finished.

The Live will officially begin at 9am Friday 24th July at Helsinki airport, we recommend flying in on the Thursday and staying locally on the Thursday night.

• 2 hour drive to Sarkanniemi
  • Attend Sarkanniemi
  • 3 hour evening drive to first hotel 5 mins from PowerPark.
  • Stay at Jääskän Loma Hostel and Apartments. We have the Hostel to ourselves and some apartments in the block next door.
  • Drive 5 mins to PowerPark
  • Attend PowerPark
  • 3 hour evening drive to second hotel 10 mins from Tampere.
  • Stay at Oma Hotelli, we have the hotel to ourselves.
  • 2 hour morning drive to Linnanmaki / Helsinki airport + public transport to Linnanmaki

Flights

You are responsible for arranging your own flights and they are not included in the cost of the trip. There are plenty of flights in and out of Helsinki so any days can be added on either side of the trip at your own digression. I know some will look to catch Sunday evening flights out of Helsinki, be warned that this may limit your time within Linnanmaki.

All costs are very approximate at this point as they depend on a number of factors (e.g. number of attendees, exchange rate, potential group ticket rates etc). The costs below are assuming no park or hotel discount, If offered, the costs will decrease to account for this. Final costs will be announced prior to the final payment being due.

The following prices are intended as a rough estimate only
Hotels - £75
Parks - £106
Car Hire - £26
Parking - £2
Fuel - £36
Contingency - £15

Total - £260

A non-refundable deposit of £100 will need to be paid by paypal or bank transfer by 7th March. A second instalment of £100 is to be paid by 12th April and the full balance by 14th June. Payment details will be sent to those registered on the trip once sign up has opened. Remember, CF does not make any money from organising these trips. You only pay for yourself - not to subsidise anyone else. Any money that has not been spent at the end of the trip will be divided equally between attendees and refunded. A detailed breakdown of all costs will be available to view after the trip.

Rules

By signing up for the trip, you agree to the following:

• I am over 18. If I am under 18, I will be accompanied by a responsible adult.
• I will pay a non-refundable deposit of £100 by bank transfer by TBC. A second instalment of £100 is to be paid by TBC and the full balance by TBC. All service/bank charges are paid by the attendee.
• I will meet the group at Helsinki Airport on Friday 24th at 9am.
• I will only take one bag. Luggage space is limited. Should this be an issue please let me know.
• I understand that I will have to share a car for long journeys and a hotel room with at least one other person, therefore my personal hygiene will be acceptable throughout the trip.
• CoasterForce will arrange transport, park tickets and accommodation as detailed above.
• If I drop out after paying CoasterForce any money for this, I understand that it is non-refundable unless a replacement attendee can be found and has paid the full amount.
• I am responsible for buying my own food, drink and souvenirs.
• I am responsible for arranging my own flights/transport to the initial pick up point and from the final drop off point.
• I will respect the rules of the theme parks.
• Should any money remain at the end of the trip each member will be reimbursed equally.

We are planning to limit this trip to 28 attendee's.

Confirmed List of Attendees;

Chris Brown
Ian Bell
Richard Stone
Fiona Watt
Nic Jenkins
Sue Shaw
Nathan Power
Dan Maycock
Jordan Wood
Rachel Burfutt
Emily Mansfield
Owain Davies
Andrew Nicholson
Luka Dragonetti
Ben Wheeler
Matthew Wakefield
Daniel Roach
Gavin Jones
Gavin Jones +1
Tilen Burnik
Harry Peach
Serena
Russel Hunt
Jack Oliver
John Cooper
Alex Catley
Rick Van der Beek
Andrew Thornton

Reserve List;

Arttu Pulkkinen
Tuomo Viholainen

If you have any questions, please ask in this topic.

Chris

Last edited by a moderator:

MouseAT

Hyper Poster
I'm almost certainly in for this one. I'll need to sort out the annual leave, but given the timing, that shouldn't be a problem.

.Ac.

Mega Poster
Sure, I'm keen :).

Although probably look at getting a flight back Sunday evening to save annual leave.

Last edited:

Benenen

Hyper Poster
Never been to a Live before but thinking of biting the bullet and going for this one. Unfortunately I can't take the Monday off work so I'll probably do Linnanmäki by myself on Thursday then get the 14:05 flight home on Sunday. I'm keen to drive but not sure I could do the whole lot by myself, would the plan be to have multiple drivers per car?

This all sounds fantastic, I feel really excited reading the thread and typing this post.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
I’d love to start the topic with a witty prologue discussing Finland and all its famous for, but I cant.

Nokia. Maybe not up to much now, but pretty much the first mobile phones EVERYONE over the age of 35 would have had.

Highly likely me +1 for the trip, but going to have to figure out luggage s**t since this won't be a simple weekend trip for us.

JoshC.

Strata Poster
Never been to a live and I just did Linnanmäki last year, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't tempted by this.

Will have to see how things work for me financially and whatnot, but I'll see what I can do!

emoo

Hyper Poster
I highly appreciate the topic title, approach to money and travel/other arrangements. Thank you, and I'm in

Chris Brown

Mr CoasterForce 2016
Just to add if you require any additional luggage space because your trip is longer or if you need to carry health supplies or whatever, please drop me a message, just so I'm aware and can organise the cars.

Should you not message me and proceed turn up with a 2 week suitcase, I'll empty it and you can repack whilst justifying the inclusion of every single item to the rest of the group.

yzMPKt.jpg

Last edited:

caffeine_demon

Strata Poster
Just to add if you require any additional luggage space because your tip is longer or if you need to carry health supplies or whatever, please drop me a message, just so I'm aware and can organise the cars.

Should you not message me and proceed turn up with a 2 week suitcase, I'll empty it and you can repack whilst justifying the inclusion of every single item to the rest of the group.

I do have a long tip, but I don't think it'll need a bigger case! ;)

anyway - I'll probably extend into the following week, but if I do bring a big case, I'll leave it in the airport lockers!

Oh - and you forgot saunas for things invented by finland!

Matt SW

Roller Poster
Haven’t been to a CF live before, but am definitely very interested and this one sounds great, especially as I’ve always wanted to do Linnanmak.

Im guessing if anyone wanted to stay the Thursday before and/or the Sunday night after, they would need to sort that out themselves?

Chris Brown

Mr CoasterForce 2016
Im guessing if anyone wanted to stay the Thursday before and/or the Sunday night after, they would need to sort that out themselves?
Yes that’s correct, with people arriving at different times on Thursday and people wanting to fly home on the Sunday its not feasible.

I know I’ll be staying in some accommodation next to the airport for the Thursday night but unsure of Sunday night yet. Once the sign ups are confirmed I’m sure plans will be shared!