What's new

UK's Best Log Flume

In your opinion which is the UK's best Log Flume!

• The Flume (Alton Towers)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Log Flume (Blackpool Pleasure Beach)

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Beaver Creek Log Flume (Blackpool Pleasure Beach)

• Chewits Log Flume (Southport PL)

• Loggers Leap (Thorpe Park)

• Other (please state which)

• Total voters

Scott88

Hyper Poster
Hello,

In your opinion which is the UK's best Log Flume!

The Flume (Alton Towers)

Log Flume (Blackpool Pleasure Beach)

Beaver Creek Log Flume (Blackpool Pleasure Beach)

Chewits Log Flume (Southport PL)

Loggers Leap (Thorpe Park)

Please vote and post stating what your voting for!

Bicko

Ben

CF Legend
American Adventure's! (RIP).

But out of those, Logger's Leap is my favourite for it's double drop.

jack

Roller Poster
The Flume at Alton. The two small drops can absolutly soak ya compared to the bigger drops.

Scott88

Hyper Poster
I am going for BPB's Log Flume, even while I was making the topic I was trying to decide out of that and Loggers Leap which I think is better. I think the overall ride on BPB's just edge's it even tho the double drop on Loggers Leap is awesome.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Loggers double drop is great, it but it doesn't make up for the rest of the ride being as boring as Granny.

Alton's suffers a similar fate, but the drop in the dark and evil duck add a little.

However, Blackpool's flume is actually really good. It's constantly fast flowing, has loads of normal drops and that first "coaster" drop is superb!

Blackpools it is! :)

Angel

Hyper Poster
Loggers Leap at Thorpe, great themeing and gets you away from the park, is so peaceful! The double drop is neat as hell and airtime filled and the indoor part is just scary as f**k.

Dont get me started on Blackpools log flume, if the pleasure beach gave me the chance I would personally rip that thing up piece by piece and melt it down! It sucks and is stupidly wet, completely ruined a whole day ... ugh!

Scott88

Hyper Poster
Angel said:
Dont get me started on Blackpools log flume, if the pleasure beach gave me the chance I would personally rip that thing up piece by piece and melt it down! It sucks and is stupidly wet, completely ruined a whole day ... ugh!

Whats so wrong with getting soaked on a water ride? Didnt you try Valhalla, thats twice as bad for getting soaked!

Martyn B

CF Legend
Loggers Leap definetly, with a full boat you can get some great airtime on the double drop.

I'm not just saying this because Bicko started this topic but I don't like the BPB Log Flume, I found it very boring, to be one of the longest Log Flumes in the world sounds great, but it only has 2 drops. Major let down for me, personally I prefer the Chewits Log Flume, I got alot more wet for a start, but Loggers Leap for me.

Best themed Log Flume for me is Chessingtons.

-Martyn

A

Anonymous

BPB's log flume, is rather good, i also like the flume at alton towers, but BPB's gets my vote !

Will

Strata Poster
God help me I've voted Thorpe :p Mainly because of the hilarity of a couple of rides I've known - mostly the one with Scott earlier in the year... oh how I laughed :) I think it's the fact that the drop actually goes at some kind of speed that gives it the edge, though the dull bits are done, and the voiceovers and queueline music... grr :(

Alton's is long and characteristic of the park, but it's also often dull, and very inconsistent... the imperial leather ducks etc. don't exactly help either :p
I've only done the main one at Blackpool, and only done Dragon Falls once, and found them both a bit... meh, can't remember a lot about either, but Blackpool's probably has the edge of the two.
And Southport's... bloody hell, it's nearly as bad as their ghost train - takes SO long to actually get to the solitary drop, and then it's kind of a 'my nose is damp' job when it finally gets round to dropping. Still all a good laugh, but Thorpe's is probably the better ride experience, and has amusing memories :)

Logger's Leap. It's in Canada Creek after all, so it must be good. Face it, anything to do with Canada is best! Actually, that's not the only reason. I hear it has a pretty good double drop and gives off a better ride than most of the other contenders.

Logger's Leap all the way.

A

Anonymous

Definately has to be now anyway Alton's log flume for succeeding in getting me the wettest I've ever been on a water ride in April :p . Over every drop I have been soaked whereas in BPB's there seems to be some drops with less than others. Thorpes is fun but a bit boring for half of it apart from the

A

Anonymous

the american adventure one was ace!!!!! sucks soooooo much its gone :(

the only other log flume i have been on is altons, which has two evil drops then a large one that is quite dry?

Im not voting till ive been on more different ones!!!

AeRo

Hyper Poster
Well it was the one at American Adventure....now sadly derelict!

So that leaves Alton Towers to claim the glory for me! :p

Martyn B

CF Legend
Quick question, why is the Beaver Creek Log Flume & the Chewits Log Flume in the poll but Dragon Falls isnt't? its one of the biggest Log Flumes in this country(along with TP,BPB,AT) and the Beaver Creek Log Flume/Chewits are probably the smallest, even them Wild River flumes(that seem to be everywhere) are bigger!

So the 2 smallest flumes in the country desevre a place in the poll but oneo f the biggest doesn't?

-Martyn

Scott88

Hyper Poster
^Answer: I forgot about them and didnt put them in the poll, therefore they come across the OTHER option :wink:

kir

Hyper Poster
I've always said Logger's Leap is the best flume in the country. I'm convinced if H&S got their hands on the airtime on the double drop they'd insist on adding seatbelts! :lol:

bazpa

Hyper Poster
Well, make it a fat boat and you get wet on most of them :lol: but Blackpool's is the fastest and best. I'll miss it if it goes. The others always seem to disappoint me that the ground is just below you, whereas with Blackpools you're always high up over water.

Add on the sight of PMBO racing close by a couple of times and Blackpool's wins easily

bladeboy

Roller Poster
I don't know why but Blackpool's doesn't really amuse me. I voted for The Flume cause i went on it Sunday with no q and got really wet! :D