What's new

Tusenfryd accident

A

Anonymous

A Swedish guy got knocked out when hitting a bird on Spin Spider, he passed out from the collision and didn't come to his senses until he had been removed from the ride.
It was later found out that he also had a severe concussion due to the accident...

Original article in Swedish can be found at: http://www.aftonbladet.se/nyheter/article7587570.ab

And here is a quick and crappy translation:
Google Translate said:
Daniel knock was the gull
Tusenfryd:

- Is a theme park located at Vinterbro, about 20 kilometers south of Oslo in Norway.
Lost consciousness during the process carousel at the carnival

Talk about crash!

When Daniel Aspdahl, 21, went carousel in flash knock was his speed - of a seagull.

Daniel lost consciousness.

The carousel was on his way to the ground in 115 kilometers an hour.

Suddenly heard Norwegian Aspdahl Daniel, 21, a bang, but a splitting of eye pain. Then everything went black.

His 16-year-old younger brother and fellow passengers in Carousel says that big brother collapsed and hung lealös the revolving chair.

- Little brother got really scared, "says Daniel Aspdahl.
The forehead and eye

When he awoke he lay on the ground surrounded by carnival Tusenfryd professionals.

- I remember nothing, "he says.

But it did little brother. He pointed to an amusement park to watch a gull in his arms a bit further away and told that Daniel had collided with the flying seagull in carousel speed towards the ground.

- Oh thought I, it can not be true. Seagull had flown straight into my forehead and eyes and the pain was tremendous, "says Daniel Aspdahl.

- When we stood in line for the carousel, I was joking with his brother and asked him what the odds were that it would collide with a bird, "he says and laughs.
In cases of severe concussion

Daniel Aspdahl thought at first that he was feeling okay, but a few hours after the gull-collision, he began vomiting and became dizzy.

At the hospital the doctors found that Daniel had received a severe concussion. He was ordained to take it easy in a few days and refrain from watching television or computer.

- It will be difficult, "he says.

And the seagull what happened to it? It broke his neck and must be killed.

CMonster

Giga Poster
Loving the last sentence! :lol:

And this reminds me of Italy and male models for some reason. :wink:

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Wow! I've said it before and I'll say it again. Those Scandinavian birds are real knockouts!

Ahem.

Prayers to the family, people who know him, fledglings, etc...

Lofty

CF Legend
Awww what a shame... On the bird!

I know I shouldn't laugh, but I have to say this story is actually pretty funny for an 'accident report'!

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
Yeah, it was in the news over here. Poor guy - even poorer gull.

But it doesn't look as bad as that goose on Apollo's Chariot on opening day a few years ago.