What's new

Tree/bush conundrum

What would you do?

• Yes, I would trim the bush to make the tree look more impressive.

Votes: 7 87.5%
  • No, I would keep the natural look.

Votes: 1 12.5%

• Total voters

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
The bush surrounding the tree in my little garden is getting out of control.

It would be nice to make the tree more of a central feature but trimming the bush around the tree would take me several hours and it could end up looking worse.

What would you do? Would you trim the bush to make the tree look bigger?

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I think the trunk is one of the main features of a tree, and so showing off a bit more of that wouldn't be a bad thing. Got to be careful you don't make it look like a pole sticking out from a flat sheet, but a bit of control on the bush would really help with making the tree look better and more defined.

;)

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
I'd absolutely trim the bush. It's not so much about making the tree look bigger, but it's nice to have it neat and trimmed in case you have some unexpected visitors. I'm sure they'll appreciate the effort.

ciallkennett

Strata Poster
I have a bush in my garden that I used to trim regularly when I know I was entertaining guests. Alas, for a while now it has gone - like Nemesis - untamed and I should really get about to sprucing it back up ready for garden parties and the such.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Definitely trim it, it reduces the chances of birds hiding in it. A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush after all.

nadroJ

CF Legend
Even without a tree to make look bigger, a well trimmed bush looks much nicer than an untrimmed one.

rtotheizzo17

Hyper Poster
gavin said:
I'd absolutely trim the bush. It's not so much about making the tree look bigger, but it's nice to have it neat and trimmed in case you have some unexpected visitors. I'm sure they'll appreciate the effort.

Even the biggest tree's look more impressive with a little trim.

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
Ian said:
The bush surrounding the little tree in my garden is getting out of control.
Trim the bush or your guest won't be able to see the tree. :p

Darren B

Giga Poster
I always try and make the effort to keep my bush trimmed, it's not always the case, but it's always good practise to do so in the event of a cheeky visitor.

In return when I'm the one visiting I do like a well mown lawn, I'm not a fan of them if they've been left uncut for to long. But sometimes I just go straight round the back, as long as the path isn't to muddy of course.