What's new

Travelling to Europa Park from England

nadroJ

CF Legend
Has anybody ever done a day trip to Europa/can it be done?

Basically what I need to know is what is the closest airport and how easy is it to get from the airport to the park if I have to use public transport?

Thanks!

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
Strasbourg Airport (SXB) just over the French border is the closest. The airport is located 10 km from Strasbourg & Europa Park is another 50 km from Strasbourg. There is a special bus that goes to Europa Park from Strasbourg. The bus leaves at 8am & returns at 6pm. It costs 31.50 €, which includes park admission.
http://www.cts-strasbourg.fr/en/Services/Europapark.aspx

peep

CF Legend
^It includes admission!? Urgh, if I knew that I would've continued looking into doing it but the info on the coaches from the airports is so minimal and annoying.

*starts new plan for going there*

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
East Coast(er) General said:
There is a special bus
That'll be perfect for Jordan then!

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
Nadroj, are you in any rush?

I'm 90% sure I'm going to head there for October half term. More than likely going give it two days though.

marc

CF Legend
Jordan you will not get round the park in a day, you will just about get the coasters done and thats it. We had a whole day there and there is loads we did not see.

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
I agree. It took Aidan & I two days to take everything in. We've never needed more than a day for any other park we've been to (including doing WDW, DHS & Animal Kingdom in a day). One day simply isn't enough for Europa Park, unless you're planning on going back again to finish seeing everything you miss the first time around.

nadroJ

CF Legend
gavin said:
Nadroj, are you in any rush?

I'm 90% sure I'm going to head there for October half term. More than likely going give it two days though.

I'll keep that in mind Gavin, I was planning to go for my birthday which is in October anyway, and it's more fun (and cheaper) to go with more people!

And yh marc, I did think that might be a problem so I've decided on setting aside two days for the park.

Thanks for all the info on the airport Jerry, the only problem is the cheapest flights I can find are like, £300 return, which is a bit off-putting =/

I looked into flying to Basel and getting a train to Ringsheim and staying in a hotel there for two nights. Flights and hotel total at around £100 so that's not too bad going at the moment. Just wish I could hire a car it would make my life soooooo much easier!

I'll be making a topic in Trip Planning closer to the time so everyone will be welcome I just thought I'd get a few ideas together beforehand =D

Mushroom

Goon of the Year
Karlsure Baden-Baden (FKB) is pretty close as well. All of us on the first euro live flew back from there. So you can make that a option =]

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
But Baden Baden only flies from Stanstead, and NO-ONE deserves that punishment...

Plus, the flight was at stupid o clock in the morning... Blergh...

Jake

Strata Poster
Yeah, depending on my uni situation in October I might be up for it too. By october i'll have only just started, so skipping a couple of days mid-week shouldn't be a problem. I'll have to keep an eye on finances though, supposed to be going to Iceland after my Jan exams, and I sort of promised myself that would be my only trip, but we'll see!

Nic

Strata Poster
This reminds me of a couple of months ago when I was talking about doing a trip over there in Oct :roll: hehe

It'd prob be cheapest to fly to RuinAirBaden then hire a car. But yeah, we'll have a look nearer the time. :)

nadroJ

CF Legend
I found return flights with EasyJet for £45, but that's flying out on the 3rd and back on the 5th (my birthday is the 4th, that's why I chose that date).

It would be amazing if someone came who was willing to do the hire car thing.

robbeal

Hyper Poster
Yeah, Baden Airpark is, like, 50 mins away, and its Ryanair so its cheaper. Its easily doable in a day, but as everyone's said, you won't get everything done. You can do the main shiz though, and i've only ever spent a day there and i've always enjoyed it, so its not going to make it any less fun!