What's new

Tranan - S&S Free Fly for Skara Sommarland, Pictures!!

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
If I were to ever describe a coaster as"cute" then it would be this one.

Comet

Roller Poster
Those trains remind me of log flume logs quite a bit, I wonder how the restraints will work.

I think the part from 2:00 to 2:15 in the film looks like the only really interesting part of the ride. It's a great idea, much more could have been done with this type of ride though.

Mm, am I the only one like, not creaming my pants over the concept? It looks cool, but it's nothing that I'd travel to Sweden for. The trains are neat, but the actual coaster looks pretty lacking.

You never know though, it could be surprisingly good.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
^Firstly, I'm actually quite glad you're not creaming your pants. At least, not in the way the rest of us are. ;)

Secondly, while this ride isn't the most intense or the most interesting it's pretty unique and the weird trains will certainly make the ride experience better. It's only lacking because it isn't aimed at the enthusiast or extreme thrill seeker, it's mean to be a family ride.

I believe it's the concept we're creaming over. :p

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
LiveForTheLaunch said:
Mm, am I the only one like, not creaming my pants over the concept? It looks cool, but it's nothing that I'd travel to Sweden for.

Dang! The marketing failed! Their new target group (overpierced teenagers from Ontario), doesn't like it before riding! And with that, how can Sweden possibly cater to North American tourists? The country's new main draw isn't popular?

Now, looks like they have to cancel this and hurry with a project aimed towards Swedish and Norwegian families on a day out instead.

Oh wait....

In other news, guess you're right. Perhaps it won't ride quite like El Toro, but it will look epic, though not as scary because it doesn't invert. And the cars are big enough to fit a small family on each side, a bit like log flumes. It will be a big hit.
Plus, it's a "world's first" concept. The park is going to use that to its full extent.

Pokeywokey, I'm not saying it'll be a bad ride; I'd certainly like to ride it and I'm interested to hear how it rides, but I don't think it's that neat of a concept. Like, I don't really think it'll be that great and will be something that catches the eye of parks worldwide, but who knows?

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
^I think you think it's not a great concept for two reasons.

1. You've ridden rides like El Toro and TTD. These rides are fantastically engineered and easily blow this ride out of the water, however you're not comparing like rides. This isn't really your fault, it's bound to happen.

2. You're not ten. You're looking for something else from a coaster, whereas a little kid is going to think this is the coolest thing ever. See if from the point of view of the guest that this ride is, ultimately, designed for.

It's a great concept, and the kids will love it.

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend
I think this is awesome.

I'm curious to know how well it will actually work, being an S&S, but I think the concept is truly amazing.

Awesome video. If the finished thing is that fluid then wow.

A

Anonymous

I wonder what kind of restraint it will have. Might be just a simple seat-belt since the car is pretty small.

Edited the name from Eagle Coaster to Free Fly which is the official model name.

Ollie

CF Legend
That video was good. I quite like this concept. It's new and it must be a weird sensation to not have any track above or below you and roll all over the place. :)

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
Stan Checketts needs to have a brain-scan...

S&S always seem to make rather mental new rides...

This looks like fun though... Could be a good family coaster, and would feel different...

And it won't matter if you've been on 'better' coasters, X is probably the most technologically advanced ride we have (and other 4-Ds) but I've enjoyed several more coasters than it...

Cool coasters ftw...

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
I wonder if we will see a floorless version of this in the future...

And it looks really cool. Now, they need to get that ride up, and we will see how that huge bird atop the train will affect the riding experience. "Free fly" suggests that the eagle is not a necessity (as if it ever was).

Emmett

Giga Poster
Yeah its looks pretty good from the promo video. I like the way the trains look very exposed, I suppose its to give the feel of flying. It should be nice family type ride.

Ali

Mega Poster
sweden is fast becoming the place to be for coaster fans
europe 2009 is going to be a scream

A

Anonymous

That looks like fun but boring.
Extreme family rides CONQUER!

A

Anonymous

the ride looks pretty fun, I don't think its aimed at like really young kids, 10 plus I think but thats just me. So still a definite family coaster but thrilling at same time. I know if I was at the park I wouldn't look at it and go 'boring forget it'

Looks really fun :)