What's new

TPR - 1 Million YouTube Subscribers

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
I know not many people here are fans of Theme Park Review, especially the staff members. However, with TPR being the most subscribed Theme Park-based channel, it is quite a milestone for them to have just hit 1 million subs, bearing in mind at least 90% of his subscribers are the GP, so I thought it'd be worth creating a topic here for opinions.

When will the next theme park channel hit 1 million subs? Will it be CoasterForce?

https://livecounts.net/channel/theme park review

https://livecounts.net/channel/coasterforce

I bet Robb Alvey is laughing his tits off.

Snoo

The Legend
CF could hit 1 million if they put in the proper effort and did a little more in regards to more content. POV's are nice but you do eventually run out of content as their are a finite number of coasters in the world.

I will say that we were lucky when we did implement partnership back in.. 2010 I think? It was right before coaster channels were even remotely popular and we hit over and over an skyrocketed in subscriptions. We have leveled off which is why I've always felt diversifying will help expand the brand. But, what do I know, I'm just a simple folk. :p

Reactions: Ben

Coaster Hipster

Giga Poster
Even though I have mixed opinions about Robb's commentary style (to put it mildly), and even with some dubious practices on his Youtube channel - such as uploading the exact same video several times, seemingly pretending it's new content - I am still very grateful that TPR brought a number valuable footage over the years. Like the only solid on-rides of Eagle's Fortress for example, or Rusutsu's Dive Loop Ultra Twister.

1M subs is such a milestone, and certainly one I will never reach myself. Even if his personality and behaviour does not represent the enthusiast community as a whole, I find it nice for a coaster video provider to garner such interest. It's unfortunate you have to mix his success with the occasional (frequent?) agressive conduct with people who disagree with Robb or criticize him even the slightest. His videos are generally top quality though many will not appreciate the overracting tone, and he seem quite knowledgable about coasters.

It's a very impressive achievement, but I can't help but think he could have been even bigger without the drama and controversy.

Last edited:

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
Bet ATI is :emoji_zipper_mouth:ing fuming, clearly set this up as a bait topic expecting a bit of drama and all he's got is sensible people with sensible responses.

That is bull****. I don't know what you have against me but for the year I have been on this site, YOU have always been a knob. The only thing I'm fuming at is you.

Smithy

Strata Poster
FUMING AT ME.

ABSOLUTELY FUMING.

Look at your petty ****ing subtext at the end of your first post, then your attempt-at-fitting-in with a jab at Rob in your next post after Ben had given a response that was completely not what you expected. You were clearly after a thread of people slinging mud, stirring the pot a bit. I bet you'd even drafted up a little message to drop over on TPR too when things got juicy.

Aye like, I am a knob, but at least I'm up front about it.

Zek_Teh_Kek

Hyper Poster
Personally, I find Robb to be very funny!
Yea, he doesn't show what enthusiasts are really like, but I personally find his coaster videos some of the best! You barely notice if the camera is shaking.
The only problem I have with TPR is the members. Sometimes they can be total jerks.

lachlan

Mega Poster
I find him annoying so I don't watch his videos, unless as said above it's the only POV of a coaster or something. I do dip into the forums sometimes but I find the way it is setup with discussion threads for each park encourages conversation even when there is nothing to talk about. Also the forum software on his site seriously needs an update.

sKrATcher

Roller Poster
Everyone I have interacted with on TPR has been pleasant. The main reason I haven't been as active in the TPR forums more is it's so "huge" (with hundreds of pages to wade through in a given thread between my log ins), but I haven't any issues. I'm the type of person who wants to get along with everyone.
Whether you like, hate, or are neutral about TPR, 1 M subs is an amazing accomplishment! The videos I tend to watch most from TPR are the POV's of rides I've been on (to show family - hey, look at Millennium Force! This is my favorite ride!). I'm subbed to countless coaster related channels though. Each has their own charm, great vids and less than great vids about each.