What's new

Toy Story Land for Disney's Hollywood Studios

Edward M

Strata Poster
Disney has announced a new land for Hollywood Studios, Toy Story Land. It will include a Slinky Dog roller coaster and an Alien Saucers ride. Guests will be able to enter Andy's backyard and meet their favorite toys in this 11-acre land.

Here is some concept art:
TSL181008.jpg

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic
This AND Star Wars? They're really going all out.

Glad to see a new cred. If only they'll love Epcot enough...

Sent from my VS840 4G using Tapatalk

valleyfair!

Hyper Poster
Glad this is a step up from some of the Toy Story Lands at other Disney Parks. I was anticipating "Pixar Place" but with a new coaster (however tame it may be) I'll certainly give this a thumbs up.

Based on this I'm guessing the entrance to Toy Story Mania will be moved to the other side of the building? I know work on a third track is currently taking place as well.

Youngster Joey

Strata Poster
Found this:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_pyjuGQZRNk[/youtube]

Looks like a fun little family coaster with some air and is that a double down i spotted?

Martyn B

CF Legend
Glad to see this is an improvement on the current TSPL's. And that coaster looks pretty substantial!

I worried when I saw the topic title that it would be a clone!

Pink Cadillac

Giga Poster
Ew. They're Spreading. I can't at them comparing it to Cars Land in the announcement. From a design point of view there must be better way of creating a large scale Toy Story themed area. However, I am happy that the rides are unique.

Ben

CF Legend
The Toy Story Lands are poo and I hate that they're getting one.

At least the cred looks good - looks like it'll be the same system as Seven Dwarves from the trains so I'd say Vekoma.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
Toy Story Land is my least favourite area of HKDL by far. It's also the most popular after Fantasyland going by crowds and waiting times.

It makes sense to roll another one out, but it's not something I'm personally excited by in the slightest.

Edward M

Strata Poster
If we need a Toy Story Land to get a Star Wars Land, I'm fine with that. It looks much better than the other Toy Story Lands and the coaster looks like a definite hit. Honestly, whatever helps capacity, bring it to DHS and quick.

Youngster Joey

Strata Poster
Ben said:
The Toy Story Lands are poo and I hate that they're getting one.

At least the cred looks good - looks like it'll be the same system as Seven Dwarves from the trains so I'd say Vekoma.

I actually watched the video a few times to look at exactly that. From what i can tell the trains will not be rocking like they do on the Seven Dwarves mine ride. The track just s-bends a little at the beginning of the video

Intricks

Strata Poster
Yeah, the track itself does that, not the cars. Any other time they pop it into 1st person view, none of the other turns cause the cars to rock back-and-forth.

Intricks

Strata Poster
It shows the track right at the top of the lift for the briefest of moments before the train descends the first hill at the 23 second mark.

The track does the wobble, not the train.

Martyn B

CF Legend
Anyone know what is being built adjacent to the Rock n Roller Rollercoaster?

A large building has gone up behind the perimeter wall (which I guess will be coming down soon)

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic
Idk, maybe Star Wars land?

All I know is that it was not there on the 4th of July weekend.

Sent from my VS840 4G using Tapatalk

AJ

Giga Poster
^Apparently it's a theatre.
Take it for what you will, not necessarily for one set show or production (Maybe a new One Mans Dream location?). However nothing Star Wars or Pixar related as of yet involving that project. One mans dream through to the production courtyard (Voyage of the Little Mermaid, Disney Junior etc) should normally be replaced by Toy Story Land.

Martyn B

CF Legend
Makes sense as the Art of Animation has already bitten the dust.

It's defo not one of the new lands, it's just one medium sized building.

There's also lots of construction walls up around the Animal Kingdom lake near Everest (NOT Pandora)....?