What's new

''Tornado'' - Intamin spinning coaster for Bakken

A

Anonymous

Hey guys

As some of you may know, the world oldest amusement park, the danish Bakken, is getting a spinning coaster with single cars from Intamin for the 2009 sæson, and I've made alittle site for it, with photo updates, layout, drawnings of the cars, facts and more, which will be updated as much as posible.

The lastest update from the park, which is from sunday(the 21nd of december) shows that most, if not all, the supports have arrived, and have a black colour shame.

The layout:

The cars:

And one overview picture of the supports, just to show you that its real:

Please go check out the rest of my site at www.freewebs.com/bakken2009 and feel free to comment my site and update :)

A

Anonymous

Anyone?

What do you think of my site, and of the coaster?

Just wondering why there hasnt been any replys yet... :?

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
Just wondering why there hasnt been any replys yet...
- 1: It's Denmark. It could as well have been Turkmenistan, as it's outside most of the CF demographic. The fact that it's merely a Spinner doesn't help either.
- 2: Everything is confirmed. So, no speculations to do.
- 3: It's a pretty minor coaster, coming from Intamin. If people want an Intamin coaster to comment on, there's a Mega-Lite in China and an Accelerator in Italy.
- 4: Last year, Denmark got a lot of attention due to the whooping 4 new coasters. This one isn't that remarkable compared to those.

But after looking at your site, I'd say it's pretty neat. You could post updates in Danish as well, that could generate a bit more traffic. The coaster looks good as well (colour scheme?). I can't wait for the name (OK, honestly I can). Are there any rumours concerning themeing?

Perhaps, in a year or two, I'll be able to ride it. Next holiday seems to be pretty plain, and it looks like I won't go anywhere near any decent parks (not counting TusenFryd). And we went to Denmark last year, so I think I won't visit the park in the immediate future.

A

Anonymous

Pokemaniac said:
Just wondering why there hasnt been any replys yet...
- 1: It's Denmark. It could as well have been Turkmenistan, as it's outside most of the CF demographic. The fact that it's merely a Spinner doesn't help either.
- 2: Everything is confirmed. So, no speculations to do.
- 3: It's a pretty minor coaster, coming from Intamin. If people want an Intamin coaster to comment on, there's a Mega-Lite in China and an Accelerator in Italy.
- 4: Last year, Denmark got a lot of attention due to the whooping 4 new coasters. This one isn't that remarkable compared to those.

But after looking at your site, I'd say it's pretty neat. You could post updates in Danish as well, that could generate a bit more traffic. The coaster looks good as well (colour scheme?). I can't wait for the name (OK, honestly I can). Are there any rumours concerning themeing?

Perhaps, in a year or two, I'll be able to ride it. Next holiday seems to be pretty plain, and it looks like I won't go anywhere near any decent parks (not counting TusenFryd). And we went to Denmark last year, so I think I won't visit the park in the immediate future.

Lol. You're just sad because we have got alot more good and cool coasters here in denmark, then you're got in norway(apart from Speed Monster and Thundercoaster, that is...) But oh well, i understand you :--D

I've heard from a very good source that the coaster will kick ass, BIG TIME, and that the designers have pushed it to the limit.

And then there have been a rumor of it being indoor, in a long time now, which also makes sense with the supports being black, so IF thats true, its gonna be a AWESOME spinner! :d

I have no idea what colour the track is going to be, but as soon as i know, i will let you guys know :)

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
You made it sound a bit more awesome now... "The limit" of Spinning coasters doesn't sound much, then again, it's Intamin and not Golden Horse we're dealing with here.

Yeah, Norway is pretty bad park-wise. We rely on Denmark to provide that for us, while we keep you comfortable with ski resorts.

Indoor? Hmm... if I'm not mistaken, they'd better hurry, then. Putting up a building big enough to house an Intamin Spinner isn't done in a week, not to mention that the coaster still consists of steel pipes on a carpark. Look at Blue Fire, how that one is pretty much complete, but the themeing still isn't half done, and compare to this, where the coaster isn't even erected.
If not they're building the coaster now, then make the building later. I think Kongeparken did that with a Reverchon Mouse last year.

Waiting for updates!

A

Anonymous

Pokemaniac said:
Indoor? Hmm... if I'm not mistaken, they'd better hurry, then. Putting up a building big enough to house an Intamin Spinner isn't done in a week, not to mention that the coaster still consists of steel pipes on a carpark. Look at Blue Fire, how that one is pretty much complete, but the themeing still isn't half done, and compare to this, where the coaster isn't even erected.
If not they're building the coaster now, then make the building later. I think Kongeparken did that with a Reverchon Mouse last year.

Its most likely going to be a bit delayed because of the thing with the owner not have got the right permits yet, but well, lets wait and see...

I'll keep you updated on this, thats for sure :--D

WuTang2k2

Roller Poster
I like the look of this. Not going to Bakken for it though.

I'll wait till they bring it to a bigger park.

peep

CF Legend
Harvey said:
Looks cool, but I prefer the Maurer cars outward facing design, :)

Ditto. I don't see much point in facing other passengers on a spinning coaster. Its more interesting to see the elements around you as you spin around.

It does look good though.

Lofty

CF Legend
Them cars are hot though IMO!

Like the layout, seems it could provide quiete a disorientating ride!

Lofty

CF Legend
I thought exactly the same!

If you have heavier people on one side though, it'll spin like a dream!

Tomatron

Giga Poster
^^Looking at the layout, at first I got the impression it'll be one train like Sierra Sidewinder, not individual spinning cars which would ruin the capacity if there's no block sections midcourse.

Ben

CF Legend
Shockwave said:
^^Looking at the layout, at first I got the impression it'll be one train like Sierra Sidewinder, not individual spinning cars which would ruin the capacity if there's no block sections midcourse.

That's also what the picture shows :wink:

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
All of Intamin's other spinners (all 3 of them) have used longer trains. This design seems very different though.

A

Anonymous

Small update...

The owner of the site have now got all the permits to build the coaster, and construction have really picked up now, which alot more of the footers done.

I'm maybe going tomorrow, so look forward to a new photo-update soon.

And then i've heard a really cool rumor, that the coaster will infact have a LIM-LSM lift hill, just like Maverick and California Screaming'. But as i've said, its only a rumor, so take it with a gain of salt...

Tomatron

Giga Poster
Ben said:
Shockwave said:

That's also what the picture shows :wink:

You're smarter than I thought! :wink:

A

Anonymous

Bakken have now announed Tornado, or atleast talked abit about it in the lastest news artikle on theirs website, about that its soon time for Bakken to open for the 2009 sæson, which can be seen here:
http://www.bakken.dk/bakken_systemeleme ... ommen.html

They did say that, as the old rumor did said once, it will infact be a indoor coaster, themed to being in a actually tornado, with alot of effects and twists and turns, and its going to pull 4 g's! :--D

Sounds awesome, right? ;)

Btw, i didnt go today, but one of my friends will be going tomorrow, to get some new pics, so look forward to a new photo-update on monday or something...

I personaly can't wait to see it go vertical, and to finaly ride it, hopefuly as one of the very first ones, before it opens to the public... :)

Kebab

Giga Poster
Doesn't sound too bad :--D

I really enjoy spinning coasters and you can easily put them in the same categories as the majors such as B&M. I've yet to ride an Intamin spinner so who knows? Might be this one. :p

I've been on a few Reverchon spinning mouses, they're a bit dull but nothing get boring. The Maurer-Sohne ones are a bit more intense and interesting, my favourites. Not sure about Intamin yet, they're a big company so I can expect very good things. :)

I can't wait to see it go vertical myself! Make sure you leave us an update if they start any time soon.