What's new

Top Manufacturers -- Euro v. N. Amer. Views

Coaster Hipster

Giga Poster
I wonder why Mack hasn't made a breakthrough in the US yet by the way. Blue Fire has demostrated their ability to build great coasters and it was 8 years ago. They have had some big projects in Europe and Asia/Australia but with the exception of Manta (San Diego) and a couple of spinners no foothold in America so far.

Is it a currency/tariff issue? I don't know if, like B&M, Mack has a plant in the US to locally manufacture coasters.

Mack

Mega Poster
B&Ms are almost all manufactured in Batavia, OH not far from where I was born. Domestic or international it is fabricated in Batavia, OH, USA.

Ben

CF Legend
^Like you said, Mack doesn't have a U.S. plant, hence their lack of presence.

Sent from my VS820 using Tapatalk

That's not strictly the reason they don't have a US presence.

Shipping isn't as bad as you think and these sort of big projects are often fabricated somewhere and shipped - thank God, I wouldn't have a job if everyone adopted your approach.

I imagine it's more Mack just haven't pushed themselves into that market for whatever reason - they could simply not be interested or no one wants what they're selling.

Shipping costs will be so negligible to that sort of project that it wouldn't stop anything otherwise you wouldn't see American coasters sold in Asia etc