Discussion in 'General Discussions & Opinions' started by Snoo, Jan 19, 2013.
I really want to ride Lech now that everyone has said it is super intense. Really intrigued!
Snoo has said most of what I might have said in response, but thanks for the answer. It has definitely been the case in my experience that enthusiasts who’ve done a lot of parks on both continents tend to prefer N Amer by about two to one, but your answer is interesting to me. I’m hoping to start finding out for myself next year with a big Euro coaster trip.
I mean, I don't know if you can handle intense. Looks like you like to be asleep during rides.
Inversions and airtime aren't everything! It's a marmite coaster, obviously you're not hip enough to "get it". Haha I also have skyrush in my top 10 and didn't find i305 that bad sooo
It's been quite a while since I shared my top:
1. Steel Vengeance - Cedar Point
2. Lightning Rod - Cedar Point
3. Outlaw Run - Silver Dollar City
4. Goliath - Six Flags Great America
5. Voyage - Holiday World
6. Superman: The Ride/Bizarro - Six Flags New England
7. Boulder Dash - Lake Compounce
8. El Toro - Six Flags Great Adventure
9. Maverick - Cedar Point
10. Storm Chaser - Kentucky Kingdom
11. Banshee - Kings Island
12. X2 - Six Flags Magic Mountain
13. Tatsu - Six Flags Magic Mountain
14. The Joker - Six Flags Discovery Kingdom
15. Mako - Sea World Orlando
16. Thunderbird - Holiday World
17. Wicked Cyclone - Six Flags New England
18. Skyrush - Hersheypark
19. Roar-o-saurus - Story Land
20. Leviathan - Canada's Wonderland
21. Mine Blower - Fun Spot America
22. Top Thrill Dragster - Cedar Point
23. Ravine Flyer II - Waldameer
24. Phoenix - Knoebels
25. Goliath - Six Flags Over Georgia
26. Flight Deck - California's Great America
27. Kumba - Busch Gardens Tampa Bay
28. Montana Triple Loop - La Feria Chapultepec Magico
29. Lightning Run - Kentucky Kingdom
30. Alpengeist - Busch Gardens Williamsburg
New for 2018 are in bold, new for 2017 are in italics. I considered posting top 50 but it would have ended up being quite a large post. It's sort of frustrating looking through this list and thinking how could something end up so low, but then I scroll up and review of what's ranked above it.
I've (finally) been trying to rank everything I've been on and it's turned into quite a task to sift through the mediocrity of a bunch of old Arrow loopers, mine trains, Vekomas, kiddie coasters, etc. I am beginning to notice some trends though. I may export my list from Coaster Counter into Excel such that I can run some further analysis by ride type.
I knew these family GGs were supposed to be good, but I didn't know they were quite that good! Makes me excited to ride one for myself some day!
They're fantastic. I've only been on Wooden Warrior and Twister but both are great rides, definitely not THAT high for me (I have yet to be on Roar however), but definitely marathon worthy.
I think I have Wooden Warrior somewhere around 90 or so. It's quite good - tons of fun, very smooth, and has some great airtime, but Roar-o-saurus is in another league. It focuses completely on airtime that almost rivals what you'd find on an RMC.
I gave my top list a bit of a thought and re-shuffle to better reflect how I feel about all the rides I've done after a few years. Here's what I came up with (certainly a few controversial opinions in there).
1. Taron, Phantasialand
2. Flying Aces, Ferrari World Abu Dhabi
3. X2, Six Flags Magic Mountain
4. Shambhala, PortAventura Park
5. Katun, Mirabilandia
6. Goliath, Walibi Holland
7. Expedition GeForce, Holiday Park
8. iSpeed, Mirabilandia
9. Black Mamba, Phantasialand
10. Tatsu, Six Flags Magic Mountain
11. Troy, Toverland
12. Wild Mouse, Luna Park Sydney
13. Karacho, Erlebnispark Tripsdrill
14. Giant Dipper, Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk
15. Pulsar, Walibi Belgium
16. Nemesis, Alton Towers
17. Wild Mouse, Pleasure Beach Blackpool
18. Silver Star, Europa Park
19. Wodan Timbur Coaster, Europa Park
20. Superman Escape, Warner Bros. Movie World
21. Joris en de Draak, Efteling
22. Kumba, Busch Gardens Tampa
23. Goliath, Six Flags Magic Mountain
24. Revolution, Pleasure Beach Blackpool
25. blue fire Megacoaster, Europa Park
26. Air, Alton Towers
27. Van Helsing's Factory, Movie Park Germany
28. Anubis: The Ride, Plopsaland De Panne
29. Winjas, Phantasialand
30. Muntanya Russa, Tibidabo
31. Olympia Looping, Oktoberfest/Wiener Prater
32. Formula Rossa, Ferrari World Abu Dhabi
33. Raptor, Gardaland
34. Stealth, Thorpe Park
35. Sky Scream, Holiday Park
36. Thunder Loop, Attractiepark Slagharen
37. Familieachtbaan, BillyBird Park Hemelrijk
38. Pendolo, Osteria Ai Pioppi
39. Baron 1898, Efteling
40. Rattenmühle, Familypark
Dang, Pendolo? Is it really that good?
Objectively speaking, not really. But I enjoyed my ass off on it and it was genuinely one of the few coasters in recent years that has legitimately scared me.
So, I've done some (as in very little) thinking, and I've come up with a finalized Top 10, but the top 20/25 is not finalized yet, but I probably shouldn't finalize it until I reach 100 credits, but I'm gonna share it anyways to know what I can expect in my top 20.
1. Steel Vengeance
2. Twisted Timbers
3. Fury 325
5. Millennium Force
6. Top Thrill Dragster
7. Mystic Timbers
9. Raptor (Cedar Point)
11. Magnum XL 200
12. Shivering Timbers
13. Apollo's Chariot
20. Intimidator 305
24. Intimidator (Carowinds)
Mind you, 11-25 is not really finalized, so there may be a weird choice or 2. However, Shivering Timbers, Dominator, and Beast are definitely in my top 20 as of now.
I305 that low is a sin
1-7: Looks solid.
8: Each to their own.
9-18: Fair enough.
19: I'd have had that higher.
20: Oop, we're in the .
Good work sorting that lot out though, @Zek_Teh_Kek, it's always quite satisfying to get the list dialed in.
I mean, considering it's a low rent cross between two superior rides in Maverick and Millennium Force, I don't think so.
Okay why is banshee above AFterburn?
Tiny bit of shuffling following Ghosterforce...
1. Kärnan - Hansa Park
2. Taron - Phantasialand
3. Helix - Liseberg
4. iSpeed - Mirabilandia
5. Troy - Toverland (Up from 15)
6. Wildfire - Kolmården
7. Wodan - Europa Park
8. OzIris - Parc Astérix
9. Sky Scream - Holiday Park
10. Kumba - Busch Gardens Tampa
11. Lost Gravity - Walibi Holland
12. Anubis - Plopsaland De Panne
13. Thunderbird - Power Park
14. Stealth - Thorpe Park
15. Fluch von Novogorod - Hansa Park
16. Expedition GeForce - Holiday Park
17. Cú Chulainn - Tayto Park
18. Shambhala - PortAventura
19. The Ultimate - Lightwater Valley
20. Dwervelwind - Toverland (New)
I would like to know why you though DWerlewinder whatever its names is, is so good?
I think I have it down around 50 or so. It's a good ride...there's just better out there.
Because Banshee is better than Afterburn.
It could've been lower. It's one of the most forgettable rides I've ridden. I remember it being very intense, and it was fun, but the airtime was underwhelming and the constant positive Gs weren't the most comfortable. To be fair, I only got 1 ride on it. We were running low on time, and a re-ride on I305 wasn't exactly what I wanted to do right after I got off. It ended up being a long process of waiting for Backlot to reopen, then waiting in line for drinks for too ing long, and then waiting for my parents and my sister to ride the dang ferris wheel, and then finally heading back to Twisted Timbers, buying a shirt, and getting 2 more rides on TT. Guess I should NOT let my sister choose where we sit (towards the front in the middle. Same thing happened with Afterburn. Idgaf if the line is shorter, I want to ride in the back! I gotta stop listening to my sister lol.
Yes, it really is. But I swear my sister ruins every ride for me. It felt near forceless when I rode in the middle!
Thanks Hixee! I've dabbled in creating a top 10 list, but have never settled on one list. It's great to finally have one sorted out (and for me to be absolutely sure on it)!
Separate names with a comma.