#7- hangtime
#8- sidewinder (elitch gardens)
#9- giant dipper (belmont)
#10- manta (seaworld san diego)
What the ****

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

tomahawk

Strata Poster
yeah, i haven't gotten around to really anything outside of socal (besides elitch and cga circa. 2013) so my list isn't as spectacular as other's
I mean, 2-4 are quite good, but Gold Striker is a mediocre GCI at best. GhostRider is better.

kenny cook

Mega Poster
I mean, 2-4 are quite good, but Gold Striker is a mediocre GCI at best. GhostRider is better.

i got 1 ride on gold striker, 10th row, left side, back in 2013 just a few weeks after it opened, so it was an absolutely fantastic attraction back then, although i've been hearing that it hasn't aged too well, which is a bit of a disappointment. sorry, but i was completely underwhelmed with ghostrider, while the old version was extremely rough, it provided some solid airtime and had a decent capacity (used to be my #5 the first time i rode it), the new version is slower, has almost no airtime due to the awful restraints, and a pitiful capacity, therefore dropping it to somewhere between #11-#15ish

tomahawk

Strata Poster
i got 1 ride on gold striker, 10th row, left side, back in 2013 just a few weeks after it opened, so it was an absolutely fantastic attraction back then, although i've been hearing that it hasn't aged too well, which is a bit of a disappointment. sorry, but i was completely underwhelmed with ghostrider, while the old version was extremely rough, it provided some solid airtime and had a decent capacity (used to be my #5 the first time i rode it), the new version is slower, has almost no airtime due to the awful restraints, and a pitiful capacity, therefore dropping it to somewhere between #11-#15ish
I rode Gold Striker last year and strongly disliked it, only GCI I've done worse is Apocalypse.

Pear

Strata Poster
You're one of the first people I've seen not like Gold Striker. Many people I've talked to have said it's the best GCI in the states!

JSM

Mega Poster
While we are on the topic of Gold Striker...
(New in bold)
1 - Railblazer
2 - Twisted Colossus
3 - Joker SFDK/GhostRider
4 - Joker SFDK/GhostRider
5 - Cannibal
6 - X2
7 - Tatsu
8 - Flight Deck
9 - Full Throttle
10 - Riddler's Revenge
11 - Medusa
12 - Gold Striker, a couple months ago this used to be my #4, but its really grown on me the wrong way recently. It's rougher than usual and not much airtime at all, so really the only thing going for it is its intensity, which for me does not make a coaster good on its own.

Edit: Fixed a typo

Last edited:

Matt N

CF Legend
@Imagineer Josh it reassures me to see that I'm not the only one who actually enjoys Smiler!

Also, could the reason for Gold Striker's roughness be down to the California heat? As I think Apocalypse and Gwazi apparently suffered from bad roughness for similar reasons. I think Gwazi did, anyway. Heat is apparently a factor in roughness, so it wouldn't surprise me.

tomahawk

Strata Poster
@Imagineer Josh it reassures me to see that I'm not the only one who actually enjoys Smiler!

Also, could the reason for Gold Striker's roughness be down to the California heat? As I think Apocalypse and Gwazi apparently suffered from bad roughness for similar reasons. I think Gwazi did, anyway. Heat is apparently a factor in roughness, so it wouldn't surprise me.
Bay area is not the desert of Santa Clarita Valley or humidity of Tampa. Probably just **** maintenance.

GeodieCoasterFan

Mega Poster
While we are on the topic of Gold Striker...
(New in bold)
1 - Railblazer
2 - Twisted Colossus
3 - Joker SFDK/GhostRider
4 - Joker SFDK/GhostRider
5 - Cannibal
6 - X2
7 - Tatsu
8 - Flight Deck
9 - Full Throttle
10 - Riddler's Revenge
11 - Medusa
12 - Gold Striker, a couple months ago this used to be my #4, but its really grown on me the wrong way recently. It's rougher than usual and not much airtime at all, so really the only thing going for it is its intensity, which for me does not make a coaster good on its own.

Edit: Fixed a typo

Railblazer that good?

GeodieCoasterFan

Mega Poster
I personally thought so, a little short, but the first drop, mid course drop and the big airtime hill are the three most intense airtime moments I've experienced and the inversions are fab too. The restraints aren't that bad either. Surprisingly comfortable and re-rideable.
Lets hope these spread around a bit then as texas or the bay area seem unlikely in my future

Reactions: JSM

CookieCoasters

Giga Poster
I was surprised by how rough Gold Striker was already when I rode it last year, especially considering it’s still pretty new and a GCI. I can totally see CGA letting it rot eventually which will be a shame, but atm I think the level of roughness is perfect and makes it feel extra vicious and intense <3. It is a woodie after all.

JSM

Mega Poster
I was surprised by how rough Gold Striker was already when I rode it last year, especially considering it’s still pretty new and a GCI. I can totally see CGA letting it rot eventually which will be a shame, but atm I think the level of roughness is perfect and makes it feel extra vicious and intense <3. It is a woodie after all.
I normally would agree, after all just last year it was in my top 5. But I just haven't been getting much airtime or anything other than intensity and I think that's the main reason why it dropped. I feel like my comments might be sounding a little negative, so I just want to make it clear that I still do really enjoy it, but do think it has definitely deteriorated a bit recently.

gad198

Roller Poster
My updated top 10 is:
  1. Fury 325
  2. Boulder Dash
  3. Steel Vengeance. It's as good as advertised.
  4. Voyage
  5. Mako
  6. Millennium Force
  7. Goliath at SFOG
  8. Behemoth
  9. Diamondback
  10. Leviathan

Tbh I always forget about Boulder Dash and Phoenix when I'm putting together my lists, but they would definitely be floating somewhere around top fifteen, just not quite in the top ten

Pear

Strata Poster
I definitely feel Boulder Dash is past it's prime now. Back in 2014 or so I'd say the ride was definitely top 10 worthy but now it's not as good as it used to be and though the triple up was very rough in 2016 I still do miss it.

I still think the park is stupid for going with M&V to retrack the ride instead of GCI who would have done a much better job. Also I can't believe they only do 1 train ops on a ride this long just because the manager is afraid that he'll have to do more maintenance if they run 2 trains. Guest experience should not be neglected for saving some money!