What's new

Top 10(ish): 2024 Edition - page 124

DelPiero

Strata Poster
I understand both sides or the argument really, best example from a personal perspective is Bizarro. Great ride as it is, I didn't get the wow factor that was described to me prior to riding and expected something which would challenge my top 5. Not only did it not make the top 5 but didn't even make it into my top 10, and settled around 12th/13th, so still one of the better ones.
If you rate something in your top 10, no matter your count, be it 100 or 1100, that cred has wow'd you and the use of "overrated" simply can't apply, by all means convey your opinion in another way, but to over rate something implies you believe it undeserving of a high rating.

Serena

Miss CoasterForce 2016
Staff member
Social Media Team
New Post-USA trip Top 10 (new entries in caps)
1. Mako
2. Fluch Von Novgorod
3. PHANTOM'S REVENGE (What a surprise! Unique layout, super smooth, so much fun and so reridable!)
4. Takabisha
5. Nitro
6. STORM CHASER (hello immense airtime all over the place)
7. MAVERICK (just bonkers. Never laughed so much on a coaster)
8. Oz'Iris
9. VALRAVN (the most substancial Dive Machine I've ridden. The inversions are as good as the drops! Was absolutely terrifying at the top too)
10. Lost Gravity

Meaning Helix, Fahrenheit, Oblivion: TBH and Dwervelwind have dropped out of my top ten.

MLDesigns

Hyper Poster
Summer trips are mostly over, so here's my updated top 10. New entries from 2017 are in bold.
  1. Lightning Rod
  2. Fury 325
  3. Intimidator 305
  4. Wicked Cyclone
  5. Storm Chaser
  6. Skyrush
  7. Maverick
  8. El Toro
  9. Voyage
  10. Banshee
Other notable entries:

14. Iron Rattler
15. Mystic Timbers
17. Mr Freeze (SFOT)
18. Lightning Run

MestnyiGeroi

Giga Poster
Summer trips are mostly over, so here's my updated top 10. New entries from 2017 are in bold.
  1. Lightning Rod
  2. Fury 325
  3. Intimidator 305
  4. Wicked Cyclone
  5. Storm Chaser
  6. Skyrush
  7. Maverick
  8. El Toro
  9. Voyage
  10. Banshee
Other notable entries:

14. Iron Rattler
15. Mystic Timbers
17. Mr Freeze (SFOT)
18. Lightning Run
So when did you ride Lightning Rod and Storm Chaser?

DelPiero

Strata Poster
  1. Lightning Rod
  2. Fury 325
  3. Intimidator 305
  4. Wicked Cyclone
  5. Storm Chaser
  6. Skyrush
  7. Maverick
  8. El Toro
  9. Voyage
  10. Banshee
That is a tasty top 10, any plans to tackle Europe soon?

MLDesigns

Hyper Poster
That is a tasty top 10, any plans to tackle Europe soon?
Definitely trying to. There's a slight chance I can get over to Germany next year. I could spend a full 3 weeks over there but I would have to narrow it down to 4-6 parks. If it happens, I'd make my best effort to do Europa, Phantasia, Holiday & Tripsdrill, Heide, and Hansa.

DelPiero

Strata Poster
Definitely trying to. There's a slight chance I can get over to Germany next year. I could spend a full 3 weeks over there but I would have to narrow it down to 4-6 parks. If it happens, I'd make my best effort to do Europa, Phantasia, Holiday & Tripsdrill, Heide, and Hansa.
If I can offer a piece of advice, swap the Hansa/Heide plans and fly to Sweden instead. With Colossos looking more and more likely to be out of action, there's no top of the range coaster at Heide, unless you are a shipping container enthusiast then I wouldn't bother.

MLDesigns

Hyper Poster
If I can offer a piece of advice, swap the Hansa/Heide plans and fly to Sweden instead. With Colossos looking more and more likely to be out of action, there's no top of the range coaster at Heide, unless you are a shipping container enthusiast then I wouldn't bother.
I think I'd have to make Sweden a separate trip in a couple of years. Too far out of the way to drag my grandmother lol. If Colossos happens to be closed, oh well; not the biggest loss imho. I figure if I'm gonna do Karnan I might as well get the creds at Heide as well

tomahawk

Strata Poster
Right, so this is going to change again in 2.5 weeks, but here we go. New in bold

1. Outlaw Run- This is firmly cemented at number one. Unless Dollywood happens this year, I highly doubt this is moving
2. X2- How THE **** did I ever drop this so far? Last time I rode was back in 2011 until last week. The only issue is the final raven turn kicks your ass. But good lord is this thing still a beast
3. Maverick- X2 is a religious experience, this is close
4. Joker (SFDK)- A bit of a place holder right now, it was lacking in parts, but it was still phenomenal. Best IH for me so far.
5. Twisted Colossus- I seem to like this more than most people, but if it weren't for the second lift speed, it would easily beat Joker. Initially I had them tied, but the more I thought about it, the easier the decision was to have Joker ahead
6. Voyage- Need a night ride, once that happens, probably will be above the two Iron Horses
7. New Texas Giant- Seeing where the Iron Horse started, to where it is now with Joker was eye opening. Still a very fun ride, but probably won't stay in Top 10 much longer
8. Prowler- Again, need another reride, but it was amazing 6 years ago
9. Beast (night)- With a day ride, or any light, it's average at best, night is a different animal
10. Wildfire (SDC)- Still my favorite B&M (for now)

SingleRiderReak

Roller Poster
I've finally finished up my summer theme park trip, and it's now time for some major changes.

1- Fury 325
2- Lightning Rod
3- Skyrush
4- Phoenix

5- Full Throttle
6- Xcelerator
7- Kumba
8- Montu
9- Afterburn
10- Intimidator

11- Mako
12- Space Mountain (Magic Kingdom)
13- Apollo's Chariot
14- Storm Runner

15- Mr. Freeze Reverse Blast
16- Alpengeist
17- White Lightning
18- Expedition Everest
19- Dragon Challenge
20- Griffon

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Interesting to see Full Throttle up that high - that's not a coaster often raved about. Especially to see it above the big Floridian B&Ms!

MestnyiGeroi

Giga Poster
Interesting to see Full Throttle up that high - that's not a coaster often raved about. Especially to see it above the big Floridian B&Ms!
That's what jumped out to me as well. I do like that coaster, but it's surprising to see what it's ranked above there.

Geeky Pastimes

Mega Poster
After a trip to Florida last year and another trip to Port Aventura, mine stands something like this at the moment:
1. Helix
2. Taron
3. Shambhala
4. Manta (sort of surprised to not see this on other people's, maybe we had a good day but I absolutely loved every second of it)
5. Wodan
6. Red Force (I know I'll get some hate for this but I love these top hat launched coasters and this is the best one I've been on so far, at least until I get to do a proper US trip)
7. Mako
8. Lisbergbanan
9. Joris en der Drak
10. Nemesis

Slightly sad that once I work out how to easily get to Cedar Point or even some of the Six Flags parks in the US I'm going to be losing the only UK coaster on there, but Merlin really need to step up their game. Who knows, maybe Icon will be good?

Coaster Hipster

Giga Poster
1. Helix
2. Taron
3. Shambhala
4. Manta (sort of surprised to not see this on other people's, maybe we had a good day but I absolutely loved every second of it)
5. Wodan
6. Red Force (I know I'll get some hate for this but I love these top hat launched coasters and this is the best one I've been on so far, at least until I get to do a proper US trip)
7. Mako
8. Lisbergbanan
9. Joris en der Drak
10. Nemesis

Some solid rides out there, especially the Top 3! Nemesis looks surprisingly low though, did you find it underwhelming?

Geeky Pastimes

Mega Poster
I think it's more because I've just ridden it too many times.

Since I was a kid I always used to go to Alton Towers (remember Nemesis opening when I was too little to ride it!) and so it's always been a benchmark for other rides and I think I've got a little bit jaded about it. It's quick and forceful but it lacks height and length and the depending on which season you visit it the theming varies between pretty great or depressingly run-down. Every ride on it is fantastic up until the tunnel after the loop then it feels like it's over far too soon, but then Black Mamba feels like it outstays its welcome with a second half that can't live up to the first, so who knows?

Would really like to do one of the bigger B&M inverts with longer first drop, so far I've only done Black Mamba, Nemesis, and the Dragon Challenges (which I wasn't in the mood for and the weird combination of positive Gs and insane heat made my feet feel like they were going to burst).