3. Apollo's Chariot
4. Griffon
5. Rougarou (Or however you spell it)
6. Beast
7. Banshee
8. Flight of Fear @ KI
9. Raptor @ CP
10. Verbolten
As you can see, I really haven't ridden many roller coasters. I Know for sure that I will be finishing up the rest at KI this year and will probably go to Hershey.

MestnyiGeroi

Giga Poster
Thanks, all, for the answers on the Blackpool coaster. I would have thought that the wild mouse coaster there could only be a few notches better than the donkey rides (which is one of the things I think of first when I think of Blackpool), but clearly I have something to learn about the full potential of wild mouse rides.

As for needing to duck to avoid hitting one's head ... can that possibly be literally true?? Surely, you must mean it's frighteningly close, but not ... ???

EDIT: Re-reading, I see you say this moment is on the lift hill, so assumedly the car is not moving too fast, but still it's a bit hard to believe. And especially unthinkable here in the hyper-litigious United States.

Last edited:

MestnyiGeroi

Giga Poster
I just had a flashback of a coaster I used to marathon as a kid. It was a Schwarzkopf Wildcat coaster called Mountain Express (formerly at Magic Mountain). It was an extremely compact coaster and probably not much to look at, but damn was it a fun little ride. I don't know how much one should let nostalgia creep into these things, but in a way I could still list it as one of my favorite coasters.

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic
tJ6hAsT.png

Yep, it's some properly insane construction!

MestnyiGeroi

Giga Poster
Re: Top 10(ish): 2015 Edition - page 27

I only split them to make it easier when I make my actual top ten. So here's the dealio... Although Phoenix will be a reride tomorrow so hopefully that doesn't throw a wrench in :p.

1. Wicked Cyclone
2. El Toro
3. Voyage
4. Skyrush
5. Bizarro
6. Iron Rattler
7. Boardwalk Bullet
8. Boulder Dash
9. Outlaw Run
10. Fury 325

I hate that Phoenix isn't in there because it's just amazing. It could be a number 9 instead of Outlaw but in the end, Outlaw is a bit faster and more relentless which gives it the edge. Fury is just ridiculous and has that sense of speed as well.
A very random question nearly two years later, but do you still think Wicked Cyclone is better than those other nine coasters?

CanobieFan

Strata Poster
Uh...
#1 Boulder Dash at Lake Compounce
#2 El Toro at Great Adventure (2006 no-slow down cable lift version)
#3 Probably Fury 325 at Carowinds
After that, uh. It's too hard for me to pick and choose. I guess it comes down to the day and how I'm feeling.
Cornball Express at IN Beach, Dragon Khan at PortAventura, Outlaw Run at Silver Dollar City, Nemesis at Alton, Avalanche at Timberfalls ,Mako at SeaWorld... All kinda floating around interchangeable.

TMCoasters

Mega Poster
1. Maverick
2. Diamondback
3. Apollo's Chariot
4. Griffon
5. Rougarou (Or however you spell it)
6. Beast
7. Banshee
8. Flight of Fear @ KI
9. Raptor @ CP
10. Verbolten
As you can see, I really haven't ridden many roller coasters. I Know for sure that I will be finishing up the rest at KI this year and will probably go to Hershey.
Just curious, where are Dragster, Millennium Force, and Magnum?

Hutch

Strata Poster
1. Skyrush
2. Boulder Dash
3. Beast
4. Millennium Force
5. Nemesis
6. Maverick
7. Mako
8. Phoenix
9. Top Thrill Dragster
10. Storm Chaser

11. Wicked Cyclone
12. Nitro
13. Diamondback
14. Montu
15. Lightning Run
16. Storm Runner
17. Superman: The Ride
18. Verbolten
19. Apollo's Chariot
20. Stealth

21. Manta
22. Fahrenheit
23. Gatekeeper
24. Kumba
25. Alpengeist
26. Chinese Fireball
27. Hungarian Horntail
28. Griffon
29. Voyage
30. Incredible Hulk

I can't really think of any issues I had with Mako. The first drop is by far superior to any other B&M mega I've done, especially in the back row! Obviously the floater airtime, which is some of the best I've ever experienced, kept drawing me back, and the entire ride and its transitions are butter smooth.

Montu was excellent as well. Each inversion is great, especially the zero g roll and the batwing. Fantastic intensity.

I also really enjoyed Kumba for similar reasons as Montu (inversions, forces). The corkscrews were just a little rattly, but the rest of the ride is very good.

Last edited:

caffeine_demon

Strata Poster
following ghosterforce:

1 - Skyrush
2 - Wicked Cyclone
3 - Bizarro (SFNE)
4 - Colossos
5 - Sliver Star
6 - Taron
7 - Roar-O-Saurus
8 - Nemesis
9 - Alpina Blitz
10- Lost gravity

and after dubai:
1 - Skyrush
2 - Wicked Cyclone
3 - Formula Rossa
4 - Bizarro (SFNE)
5 - Colossos
6 - Sliver Star
7 - Taron
8 - Roar-O-Saurus
9 - Nemesis
10- Alpina Blitz

Rossa exceded my expectations - loved how it was so much more than just the launch, just had me wanting more! Aces was very good, but much like helix, I felt it was too intense for a top 10 place!

caffeine_demon

Strata Poster
Glad you liked Rossa, the launch is brilliant.

caffeine_demon said:
1 - Skyrush
caffeine_demon said:
Aces was very good, but much like helix, I felt it was too intense for a top 10 place!

Wait, what?

I know - it's weird, but I can't quite put my finger on why I loved skyrush so much yet found helix and aces a bit too much - maybe the inversions? it's just when I ride skyrush I want to just rejoin the queue straight away, but helix and aces have me thinking "I need about 20 mins before reriding".

gad198

Roller Poster
My personal top 10 is:
  1. Fury 325
  2. Boulder Dash
  3. Voyage
  4. Mako
  5. Millennium Force
  6. Goliath at SFOG
  7. Behemoth
  8. Diamondback
  9. Leviathan
  10. Lightning Rod

Chris Brown

Mr CoasterForce 2016
1. Helix
2. Taron
3. Wildfire
4. Lost Gravity
5. Balder
6. Shock
7. Katun
8. Joris
9. Ispeed
10. Troy

I do find my list is quite interchangeable, I like the big boy Orlando B&M's but prefer those in my top 10 just because they are a bit more unique in terms of my count.

Looking at my plans for this year I can imagine possibly Oziris, Shambahla, Karnan and Star Trek sneaking in.

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
Last week I finally rode The Joker at Six Flags Discovery Kingdom. Can't believe it took me so long to ride it and that more hasn't been said about how great the ride is. My second favorite RMC so far (still haven't ridden Lightning Rod or Wildfire). I also adjusted my list, basing it now off the most fun I've had on a single ride.

1. Boulder Dash
2. Medusa Steel Coaster
3. Skyrush
4. El Toro
5. The Joker (SFDK)
6. Wild Mouse (PBB)
7. Voyage
8. Coaster (Playland)
9. Outlaw Run
10. Cannibal
11. Superman:Ride of Steel (SFNE)
12. Fury 325
13. Top Thrill Dragster
14. Helix
15. Phoenix
16. Beast
17. Goliath (SFGAm)
18. Colossos
19. Leviathan
20. Boardwalk Bullet
21. Maverick
22. Shambhala
23. Wicked Cyclone
24. Banshee
25. The Monster

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
My second favorite RMC so far (still haven't ridden Wildfire). I also adjusted my list, basing it now off the most fun I've had on a single ride.
No Lightning Rod in your top 25 then?

I think Joker does look like one of the stronger RMCs, which is great, but why does it have to be so far away... :(

MestnyiGeroi

Giga Poster
Last week I finally rode The Joker at Six Flags Discovery Kingdom. Can't believe it took me so long to ride it and that more hasn't been said about how great the ride is. My second favorite RMC so far (still haven't ridden Wildfire). I also adjusted my list, basing it now off the most fun I've had on a single ride.

1. Boulder Dash
2. Medusa Steel Coaster
3. Skyrush
4. El Toro
5. The Joker (SFDK)
6. Wild Mouse (PBB)
7. Voyage
8. Coaster (Playland)
9. Outlaw Run
10. Cannibal
11. Superman:Ride of Steel (SFNE)
12. Fury 325
13. Top Thrill Dragster
14. Helix
15. Phoenix
16. Beast
17. Goliath (SFGAm)
18. Colossos
19. Leviathan
20. Boardwalk Bullet
21. Maverick
22. Shambhala
23. Wicked Cyclone
24. Banshee
25. The Monster
Rating RMCs is clearly a very subjective thing. I mean, that's true of all coasters, of course, but it's especially the case for RMCs. I have heard others who rate The Joker very highly, so you're definitely not alone there. That said, if there is any one RMC that I've seen most consistently ranked last it's definitely The Joker.

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
Rating RMCs is clearly a very subjective thing. I mean, that's true of all coasters, of course, but it's especially the case for RMCs. I have heard others who rate The Joker very highly, so you're definitely not alone there. That said, if there is any one RMC that I've seen most consistently ranked last it's definitely Twisted Colossus.
*Fixed

MestnyiGeroi

Giga Poster
Tsk tsk. Such poppycock. ;-)

My own feelings aside, if I tried to average all ratings of RMCs I've seen recently -- and I must have seen a hundred lists in the last year -- Twisted Colossus is one I most often see in the upper half of the list.