What's new

Too ashamed to save.

slappy mcguire

Mega Poster
There are rides, that it is somewhat embarrassing to admit you like - with me, a visit in the rain to ocean beach in South Shields with my kids, going on an ordinary crappy big apple completely caught me out, because the ride shouldn't have been running because of the insane downpour, and frankly made the ride mental, something I won't forget in a hurry.

If the ride was removed tomorrow, there would be no mourners, no gnashing of teeth, because ultimately it is a crappy ride - but in all honesty, it is now one of my fonder coaster memories.

Drayton were rumoured to be removing the Black Revolver this closed season, and while essentially just a waltzer in the dark, the ride puts to shame some of the bigger 'G' related rides, and would be a loss to the park.

So here is your chance. Give the big sell to the ride you secretly love - and tell the world why it should be put on a pinnacle, and not left to wither and die, like an unloved flower. Or are you too ashamed?

Ollie

CF Legend
Jumping Bean and Stinger at Paultons Park are both amazing rides.
The airtime on the first drop on Stinger at the back is amazing.
And Ian will tell you how amazing Jumping Bean is. :p

If either of them went then I'd actually be quite sad and they're both small rides so you don't know how good they are until you ride them.

jjjjustin

Hyper Poster
Skull mountain.
I find the first drop, in the back row is really fun, especially if you are with someone that is a lot bigger. I really don't think that this is that embarrassing to admit I like it.

Jer

Strata Poster
Thunderhawk at dorney. I liked it, it was fun. Somehow even being an old PTC woodie designed by Schmeck I still find it a little embarrassing to admit I like to ride.

T0M

Hyper Poster
I'm not embarrassed by it, but it is certainly against what the vast majority of people think - I love X:\ No Way Out, it is one of the most enjoyable ride experiences at Thorpe Park.

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
Corkscrew at Cedar Point. It's rough and doesn't do too much, but there's just something about it that makes it fun. The only special thing is that the corkscrews roll over the midway, yet I just find it fun every time I ride it.

bezzzzzer

Hyper Poster
I was gutted when the Crazy Loop left Pleasure Island, and I rode it for the first time since at Brean this year and absolutely LOVED it! Pinifari awesomeness.

I'd say Squirrel Nutty too, if they get rid of that I'd be a bit gutted. It's even worse them getting rid of Mr Bookworm if they do.

Oh! Billy Bobs' Rockafire Explosion show was awesome too! I miss that so much, dancing animatronics singing Michael Jackson songs? Can't possibly beat it.

Tomatron

Giga Poster
Big Apples FTW.

And any Pinfari that beats that crap out of you. It's like a rite of passage. Survive that and anything is possible.

A

Anonymous

Depth Charge Thorpe Park, I know loads of people who down it for being childish and pointless but I have always loved the view you get from it and the fun races you can have!

Backlot Stunt Coaster.

It's one of my favourite coasters in the old Paramount parks and I'd probably never make a trip to one of those parks and not ride it. It's such good fun and I don't understand why people dislike it :p .

s15c

Mega Poster
I love the Trail Blazer at Hershey Park. I don't know why, but that ride just makes me happy. For a real dumpy mine ride dwarfed by the Storm Runner right next to it, it sure is a lot of fun. It was also the first coaster I ever rode. Ever. I mean, everyone has to have a special place in their hearts for their first coaster.

I also love Disaster Transport at Cedar Point. Whether it's the fact that my cousin and I got on it with a bunch of wannabe gangsters and sang Party in the USA (Miley Cirus), or the fact that it used to be a bobsled ride on a beach, that ride has always been great.

Waffleman

Mega Poster
bezzzzzer said:
Oh! Billy Bobs' Rockafire Explosion show was awesome too! I miss that so much, dancing animatronics singing Michael Jackson songs? Can't possibly beat it.

Haha, I get it.