What's new

Thunderbolt (UC)

Xpress

Strata Poster
Soo, I might as well try something with HSAK (Helix Swiss Army Knife for those of you who don't know- elementary formula), so here's what's been produced sofar. The flat bits have been made using the elementary wizards.

thunderbolt1.png

And YES I KNOW!!!!!! I have like 10245130 other projects going on.

Lofty

CF Legend
I can't really comment on it at the moment, have you anymore pictures of what its gunna be like etc?

It looks to hyave a very classic feel about it?

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
girrocks123 said:
Slash said:
*facepalm*

Your bankings a bit off xpress :p

Haven't you ever heard of cheating?
Corrected. ;)

Building a ride entirely from HSAK isn't hard though is it Xpress? I've done it a couple of times.

Slash

Giga Poster
girrocks123 said:
Slash said:
*facepalm*

Your bankings a bit off xpress :p

Haven't you ever heard of AHG?

It was a joke Girrocks hence the ":p" at the end

Anyway... As most of you will probably know I'm against the use of tools. Although it is someones choice and seeing as this is experimental then it's fine IMO as long as tools aren't used in competitions.

How does HSAK work exactly isn't it punching in word codes?

Xpress

Strata Poster
^HSAK is basically a pre-calculated formula. All you have to do is input a few numbers, click "Plot" and viola! An instant helix. You can adjust height, the amplitudes (basically, you can make the helix bounce up and down throughout, rather then be soo boring and straight), lead-in/outs, in/out angles, speed, ect. ect. It's a lot of fun really, so I don't see how you can't want to screw around with tools. PLUS, it's brain exercise :D

And you don't have to post your awesome tool creations if you don't want to ;)

thunderbolttitle.png

Completed. Didn't want to do a 100% proper support job, let alone an okay support job, so I just delected supports, and calledi t a day. Maybee upload a fully completed version one day..

Download

And no it's not really Hixee. Jst have to remember the angles from previous elements.

A

Anonymous

Sorry, but there is some pumping on the hills and on some of the turns in the end.

A

Anonymous

^ I doubt that he will remove the pumping on the hills with AHG, they come from the original file.

bob_3_

Giga Poster
Didn't want to do a 100% proper support job, let alone an okay support job,

Why...? I don't see how on earth you see laziness as an excuse for bad design.

That said, the pacing wasn't bad you've got a good eye for it, and i did enjoy the layout. But some of the banking was far too tight and snappy, and even off in some sections. A couple of the hills pumped too.

All in all, like a lot of your rides, the whole package screams "laziness", and you've even admitted it in your ride blurb. I just do not understand how you expect your rides to be rated highly when you put so little care into them. You've got the know-how and a good eye for pacing, add a little thought and you might have a winner. But for now, I'm yet to be impressed.

Average 6/10.

Error

Strata Poster
bob_3_ said:
All in all, like a lot of your rides, the whole package screams "laziness", and you've even admitted it in your ride blurb. I just do not understand how you expect your rides to be rated highly when you put so little care into them. You've got the know-how and a good eye for pacing, add a little thought and you might have a winner. But for now, I'm yet to be impressed.

The phrase: "I told you so" comes to mind, and him agreeing what I've been telling you provides a second opinion.

Remove all your tools and hand build it. It's MUCH more satisfaing.

Xpress

Strata Poster
Error said:

To YOU maybee, but I find tool building JUST AS satisfying as handbuilding. Remember, everyone has their own ways of doing things, and not one way is the ONLY way to do it ;)

But yes, I know I was lazy with supports. After a while, I lose interest in a ride, no matter what. I need fuel for it, so usually after a visit to a theme park, I start back up on a track or two. And my Zyclone project gave me nightmares about supporting, so I really didn't want to go through it all again. A buddy of mine wants to have a go at a GCI, since he's only supported CCI/GG's before, so I'll see how that goes. If all is well, then it'll be a team project.

Oh, and Bob, I was just playing around with HSAK, and got something I thought was worthy of showing.

Xpress

Strata Poster
Xpress said:
Error said:

To YOU maybee, but I find tool building JUST AS satisfying as handbuilding. Remember, everyone has their own ways of doing things, and not one way is the ONLY way to do it ;)

But yes, I know I was lazy with supports. After a while, I lose interest in a ride, no matter what. I need fuel for it, so usually after a visit to a theme park, I start back up on a track or two. And my Zyclone project gave me nightmares about supporting, so I really didn't want to go through it all again. A buddy of mine wants to have a go at a GCI, since he's only supported CCI/GG's before, so I'll see how that goes. If all is well, then it'll be a team project.

Oh, and Bob, I was just playing around with HSAK, and got something I thought was worthy of showing.

One more thing: Which hills had the pumps in them? I know the one after the turnaround does, but which others?

Tom

Hyper Poster
That was...average really. All mmy criicisms have been stated already although it had good pacing.

You know, I've yet to see one of your creations that you've completely finished to perfection. At the end of each topic you seem to say you'll finish the next one and you never do.

It's just lazy. 6/10

Xpress

Strata Poster
^Yes, I be lazy, a lot. Anyhoo, I've had a sudden spurt of energy, and have begun modding. Track has been smoothed (by hand, coz it'd take me too long to toolsmooth), and now I have begun modding supports. Now to RCDB I go...