What's new

Thrill Chill 1st March

A-Kid

Giga Poster
Got to be honest, today was awesome!

The Highs:

The park was dead as, everything being walk-on/5 min wait.

Reliability was great. I only saw Inferno get stuck up the lift once and colossus has a restraint failure. That’s it!

Fishy Fishy! Fishy!! Was open :D 4 Laps and fun staff. Love my decent dose of fish now and then.

Mother getting made jump by WWTP turning on at 12pm while eating KFC! Lol.

Ewan. Simple as. On Det, he talking over the PA, “do you wanna play my game hehe” and held us at the top for a while!!
Then my mums restraint got stuck locked ha! The Ewan says, “Looks like your going to have to go around again tina haha, shouldn’t get drunk in future should we”. I went around on Det again and it dropped as soon as we got to the top! Unexpected!

Mass Inferno Back row re-rides must be a bonus.

Colossus front is always good.

Ewan now has to do his Colly lift walk tonight, lucky.

The only Bad:

Lack of that beast called Rush. Ah well.

Stealth is no where near opening by the looks of things.

Chav rating for today: 1/5. Not bad at all.

RC:
Inferno x 18 (1 Front)
Colossus x 6 (1 Front)
Fish x2
X x2
Vortex x2
Zodiac x1
Det x3

34 rides. Happy I am.

Saw looks decent and pictures don’t do it any justice really.

Medusa dribbles!

thorpe13098.jpg

Cage of Doom.

thorpe130933.jpg

Closer. You can see the small details that will be put in place eventually. Even a Rusty Bose Speaker.

thorpe130924.jpg

The other side.

thorpe13094.jpg

Thats it from me. Next visit will be SAW Media Day (of which has an undecided date)!!!!

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
Congrats! You didn't even mention what park you were going to! Best of all, you didn't have to, we know it when it's you!

Yeah... umm... OK trip report too. Nice to know how it's going over at Thorpe.

Beans

Hyper Poster
Much as Leigh said, my ride count was slighly different as I didn't do Zodiac and only once on Det.

Yes I broke Det, my harness got stuck and wouldn't let me off much to Ewans amusement, he said before we went up" you could be down in 1, maybe 2, maybe 3, maybe 4, or just 5, then maybe a bit longer" to which he did, wait til I get my hands on him :lol:
I was released from Det via a catch being undone above seat, and I was outta there before they decided I had to go up again. No thank you once on Det is enough.

Crazy having 9 re-rides on Inferno though, nobody to take our seats and the ops were more than happy to lets us stay, they seemed to want to keep the trains full.
Collie was goot still vibrating a bit, not many chavs so park was a happy place to be and no pushy queue jumpers.

Good luck to Ewan on his climb on Collie (I know he reads some of these posts)and I hope it sways for him :wink:

Kebab

Giga Poster
Sounded like good fun! I wish I could have a day at Thorpe where I can walk onto the rides; can't see that happening :lol:

jokerman

Giga Poster
I love walk on days at Thrope. You can get so much done, but those ride counts were unprecedated.

I dont ever think I've noticed that Medusa before.

Nic

Strata Poster
Beans said:
not many chavs so park was a happy place to be and no pushy queue jumpers.
Hahah. I picked a flight with a bloke in the inferno queue yesterday over queue jumping. Sounds like you had a better day than we did. Although the queues wern;t that big, it was far from walk on yesterday. Ah well, my main objective for the day was completed - renewing my anal pass. And that WAS walk on! So I'm not that bothered!

marc

CF Legend
Yes I sort of worked that out by the report, why is it not working are they working on it?I was hoping to go on it at the live seeing I did not get it to ride it once last year.

Rush

Giga Poster
Well lots of rumours circulating Forp Forums, some say something got stolen but that sounds ludicrous.

Anyway I think they've ordered parts which just haven't arrived yet.

peep

CF Legend
Nice trip report A-Kid. 9 re-rides on Inferno, that must be a new record?

Sounds like you had a good day, Thorpe is always better when empty.

The Grape Wizard

Hyper Poster
Good Trip report, hadnt got a clue what park was open.

I only thought thorpe was open for half term. :roll: im still in my own little alton towers world