What's new

'Threshold' (Offride Video released)- Intamin Coaster

Montario

Roller Poster
This is my first proper attempt of designing a coaster after getting the feel of NoLimits. It is named 'Threshold', an Intamin coaster variant which as of now is yet to be announced. When finished, it will feature a beyond vertical drop, 5 inversions and should reach speeds close to 90km/h. I will post updates regularly, right now there is no scenery; the track layout has begun.

Here are some pictures:

15xr8ea.jpg

azcfpf.jpg

More on the way soon! :--D

bmac

Giga Poster
Re: 'Threshold' (under construction)- Intamin Mega-Lite Coas

Not exactly a mega-lite, either way it's looking cool!

Montario

Roller Poster
Re: 'Threshold' (under construction)- Intamin Mega-Lite Coas

bmac said:
Not exactly a mega-lite, either way it's looking cool!

Thanks! Yeah I know the layout does not exactly represent a mega-lite in any way, I was struggling to find out what coaster type it would fin into. :--D

Intricks

Strata Poster
Re: 'Threshold' (under construction)- Intamin Coaster

Standard multi-looper.

Also, dont do supports til your trackwork is finished as you never know what will shift dramatically when you go through the final smoothing stage.

Another hint, if you don't already do so that is (not sure how much knowledge and insight of the game ypu have beforehand), make sire you click the bubble next to Shuttle when you pick the type of ride you are going to design with. You can readily check forces this way and see if it will make it through a spot or not.

Montario

Roller Poster

Thanks for the help, I've got a few new images to show. Most of the track was already planned, which is why I have managed to finish the track bare bones quickly.

zrdvl.png

2w4ckfq.png

35id9gy.png

The ride duration is not long, but hopefully should pack a punch! I have used 4 cars per train to allow the train to run well through tight inversions. It is still far from finished, hope you like what you see so far and give more feedback! Yes, i'm a newbie to NL. :)

Montario

Roller Poster

I have managed to get a target view of the coaster in action. I know the quality and frame rate is not great and i'm sorry for that. My computer is pretty slow, it was the best I could do for now. You can see the coaster for yourself much better when I release it hopefully this weekend. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p4zpJbKEkd4&feature=youtu.be

sza4r6.jpg

tomahawk

Strata Poster
It's hard to tell from that angle, but I don't like that barrel roll after the brakes, kinda pointless.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
More nodes. More nodes. More nodes.

Especially on the lift hill and first drop. You need at least 3 track segments to make a good lift hill. One to go from horizontal to the slope, one to be the long straight section (straighten with 'I'), then one to be the crest. You probably should employ a similar process to the drop too. It's the only way you'll get enough control over the shaping.

Montario

Roller Poster
I am following your advice, I am much happier with the lift hill and drop shape now:

21an3wi.jpg

The supports for the drop are near completion, I am still working on nodes for the lift hill and other areas at the moment:

rsa8mw.jpg

Montario

Roller Poster
I've decided not to release this coaster and use all your criticism to design a better one. Work for Threshold will be discontinued.