What's new

Thorpe Park Thorpe Park

HeartlineCoaster

Theme Park Superhero
Think it's time to take this site back to its roots with a TP TR.

Rocked up to the rescheduled passholder event with my expired pass after the weather spited the first date (you know, that Wicker Man weekend).
Bonus this time was the chance to try that brand new coaster.

26943813987_c24dd9e860_h.jpg

Which was down all night.

26943829027_fce399cb32_h.jpg

A quality picture of quality theming.

Oh well, plenty of other things available.

Went to Inferno. Got to the air gates. Broke down.
Got on the ride. Broke down again.

Went to Rumba. Closed early.

Went to Stealth. Got to the stairs. Broke down. Left.

Went to Derren Brown. Got to the batch pen. Broke down. Left.

Went to Quantum. Closed.

Colossus and Saw were alright.

Went to Slammer. Oh wait...

Got back to Derren Brown again. Did it to see what the latest changes were.
Had to sit back in my chair for a couple of minutes just now and remember what they were.

Oh, that bit between the trains. You now walk through some metal fences, past a stationary train that used to crash into you, into an area with some fracking machine. People stand around it confused, man shouts at you to get the f*ck out. Solid update.

Sat in the second half thinking to myself "could be riding something else right now", but it'd be closed.
Final scene could only really be effective once and the actor knows this so completely half arsed the speech bit.

Done that thing once a year since it opened now and rather bored of it. Don't find it a very engaging attraction at all.

Had a quick look in the conference place for the thing about old X.

27943414348_44a96e7731_h.jpg

Old car.

40004294770_53858da486_h.jpg

Not X, but good times. Reminds me that I've got an old pencil top of the monkey guy, but it's too good for the crate.

41811428201_20a3f4b19d_h.jpg

40004286590_a24a6d55c1_h.jpg

The spiteful years.

40004273920_8f011dbb01_h.jpg

Obscure world's firsts. Nothing new.

Swarm operations had been hauling arse all night from what we could see, but by the time we got round to it, a train had been taken off and it had all gone to sh*t. Stealth and Inferno had been fixed, but were suffering from the same issues so there wasn't time to do much.

And that was Thorpe Park. Always good fun.

Tune in next time for something even more exotic.

Will

Strata Poster
Classic, a trip report straight out of the good old days :p
For all its faults (and there were a great many) X never really suffered from the Thorpe reliability curse as much as many of the other rides, so I'm actually surprised to hear that it is doing now, as I doubt any new special effects are especially technical!

At least you got on the three good rides (...and Inferno, which I give more abuse than it truly deserves) - better luck next time ;)