What's new

Thorpe Park :o

A

Anonymous

Thorpe park has officialy shut all its queue lines for today as its been plauged with over booking on their website.

If you look on their website at the moment , it says in the latest news bit.

Which i really dont blame them at this present time , look at the size on the queues , i didnt get to ride saww mann! lol :(

marc

CF Legend
The problem is they work out how many people can fit in each queue line and work out how many the park can hold from that.

You just need 1 or 2 rides down and thats it, the park is then over capacity and you can not move.

Its nice and sunny out today as well so more people would go.

But I would never ever go to a theme park on a bank holiday its just mad.

Saw has over a 4 hour queue its just stupid.

A

Anonymous

you are actually right with that.
last week was school holidays , collosus was broken down , and they had minor problems with stealth , but still , Saws Queue is just unbelievable , for the size of the queue line , it goes up past the bridge , they have had to expand the queue line to hold that amount of people , Im just thinking , if it wasnt themed around saw , would there be a hype like this?

Emmett

Giga Poster
Yeah going on a bank holiday you have got to expect big crowds and the current problems with Saw don't really help the matter. I can't believe people are queuing for up to 4 hours to ride Saw, your whole day would be runined queuing up in that awful queue area.

At least its good news for Thorpe that they are packing them in, probably helped with the addition of Saw, the good weather and the recession with less people going abroad for holiday breaks.

marc

CF Legend
Probably not and the adverts make it look good, I know so many people that want to go.

But is it worth 4 hours no bloody way, its not worth 30 mins.

Mind you I have heard Rage had an hour queue today lol.

A

Anonymous

the queue as you get to the " barbed wire ". Gets soo compact , then you still have to wait because you have stupid people in 3's because the operator then sends down for someone to get a single rider. In my opinion , this ride is crap. With the constant breakdowns aswell. That don't help. I queued for 2 halve hours , and it was announced that it was closing because of a problem with the lift , that completly ruined my day.

A

Anonymous

i think it ruins everyones day , my mate queued from quater past 9 that day , and she didnt get on it till halve past 1.
thats how fast that queue line fills up , with any luck the saw hype will go down "/

Mr Nash

Hyper Poster
They really need to sort out Saws queue display,it's displaying two hours queue time,when really it's nearer four.There's no way I would have joined if it was saying four hours wait,and I doubt a lot of others would have either.It's very misleading.Even when we left,it was still displaying just a two hour wait.

bob_3_

Giga Poster
This is to be expected with new rides. Especially on a hot bank holiday, just after it's opened.

It's a shame it's suffering difficulties, but it can't be helped. Hopefully you got free tickets?

A

Anonymous

NOpe , they didnt even offer , i would have told them where to stick it tbh.
Its not worth the wait tbh , i got speed , im happy.

Maybe in the near future ill go to ride it , but at this present time , i recomend you come to oakwood than go there for a Eurofighter. Ours is way better lol.

spicy

Giga Poster
I don't get it? Thorpe Park has shut all its queuelines?

Whats the big deal it was closing time wasn't it?

marc

CF Legend
They shut them during the day, they were not letting more people join or they would have not closed till god knows what time.

Emmett

Giga Poster
The message is still up on their main site. Surely it wouldn't be an busy today as yesterday. Maybe they all got fast passes and all decided to go back today :lol: .

marc

CF Legend
AJ is there and posted a picture on facebook of the Saw queue and its huge, that whole area is full up.

Screaming Coasters

Strata Poster
I was there bank holiday monday and it was bloody mad!
We got in the park at 9.30, rode Saw when it opened with a 2 min queue. Got off the ride and the display was 4 hours. Stealth was shut all day too so I did Inferno and went Legoland. By 2.30pm the queue to get a Thorpe ticket was about an hour and a half. LONG

Oh btw, don't go Legoland for their new ride, it's **** !

Don't try and get around the swear filters please Erol - furie

nadroJ

CF Legend
Anyone who thinks going to a theme park on a bank holiday is a good idea is some kind of idiot. They're the busiest time of the year you can go to any UK attraction, not just theme parks so what people were expecting I don't know. Thorpe is dire even on just a normal weekend.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
^Pretty much.

It's different for people with an annual pass, as it's not exactly a "special" day out, but for a lot of people that would've been their once-a-year visit. Morons.

Yes, people have jobs, blah blah blah, but a bank holiday is not their only day off.

peep

CF Legend
Screaming Coasters said:
Stealth was shut all day too so I did Inferno and went Legoland. By 2.30pm the queue to get a Thorpe ticket was about an hour and a half. LONG

Stealth opened about 3, but that was after you left. Once it opened a lot of the other queues went down quickly.