What's new

Thorpe Park: Easter event

A

Anonymous

HEAD RUSH

Friday 10th April - Monday 13th April

Back by popular demand and ramped up for 2009, Head Rush is returning to THORPE PARK this Easter from Friday 10th to Monday 13th April for a weekend of X-treme sports and X-treme rides!

In addition to testing your nerves on SAW - The Ride, get ready to experience an intense mix of BMXers, inline skaters and Moto X riders as they thrill crowds with death-defying 75ft back flips!

And if that isn't enough for guaranteed top notch entertainment, dare to face the ultimate test as SAW - The Ride comes alive in the queue lines and 'Transmutant' provide a weird and wonderful show in the form of stilt walkers, an angle grinder and 'Captain Chainsaw' who will expertly juggle real chainsaws and twirling fire with spectacular results!

Source:
http://www.thorpepark.com/what_coming_up.php

Ollie

CF Legend
They did a stunt thing in the arena last year. I've still got the signed poster from it.
They really need to make better use of the arena as people just don't bother with shows anymore in parks so they need something good to ease the queues off the rides as well.
And wasn't the juggler guy outside Saw on the AP event?

Inverse

Hyper Poster
^ Yeah, by the sounds of it the whole "Transmutant" crew were there on AP day. They were better than the queue-line actors, but not quite in theme. Worth watching out for though.

Mr Nash

Hyper Poster
Well I'm going Easter Sunday,so I'm hoping most of the crowds are watching these events,and not in the queues. :--D

Although with these events,I'm expecting it to be packed. :cry:

NASHER

Roller Poster
I dunno. I went Easter monday last year and it was quite quiet, none of the ques got above an hour all day, and from about three o' clock onwards it was dead. Totally suprised me. Mind you it was freezing cold and snowing! ;)

CoasterKing

Mega Poster
It will be much busier this year. I went on Easter Sunday last year and it wasn't too bad I was surprised. It was a good event too despite the weather which was not too good. But this year, with Saw and everything it will be busy regardless. Josh went down to Thorpe today to collect our annual Merlin passes and he said it was the busiest he has ever seen it, and living literally right next to the park he goes quite frequently. I am going to Thorpe on the 11th and 12th. I am expecting it to be busy, but Josh has a superiority disability pass which means we don't have to queue for the rides. Its the fact the park gets so crowded that knocks me off.
Anyways, I am looking forward to this years Easter event after the appalling Fright Night Event last year (I was crushed to death in the Se7en Maze!) Just hope its not as crowded as that event was.