What's new

Thirteen, Intamin ''psychoaster'' - Alton Towers 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nic

Strata Poster
WHAT'S IN THE QUEUE? I need to know before I go on this, or I might actually die of a heart attack. Someone PM me please.

Kebab

Giga Poster
No-one can complain. Us enthusiasts always bring up the fact that UK lacks the element of air-time in our rollercoasters; Alton have obviously read this up too. It could've easily been a drop into twists and turns but I'm quite happy I see a few airtime hills plonked in there; and in terms of air-time, it's an Intamin I'm sure they will take this into perspective and avoid stapling riders in.

It's going to be a million times better riding at the back of the train, you can see this from the videos, it just whips down the first drop and over the airtime hills. It's far from tiny; it's inbetween a junior coaster and a Mega-Lite, I reckon we should have some good fun.

My predictions is that it's going to have the same effect I had the first time I played FFXIII; doesn't live up to the hype, but leaving that aside certain elements are just generally good fun!

I'm riding this next friday; hoping to come out the exit with a smile on my face :)

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
A-Kid said:
I don't know why but this ride reminds me of a toilet. The train looks like a giant turd dropping out your arse into the hole below. The backwards bit is like the turd floating away in the sewer... It just needs a splashback effect and it will be complete.

I thought I'd just air that...lol

Did we get up out of the wrong side of the bed this morning? :roll:

Interesting that's there may be stuff in the queue... If I recall the plans that showed the inside layout (of the station/queue), then I dunno if there's much space available... But hey, Alton could pull something off...

Just noticed we're at 199 pages, can we just have spam of 'OMG IT'S OPEN TOMOZ!!!11' to make it to 200 please?

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Nemesis Inferno said:
Just noticed we're at 199 pages, can we just have spam of 'OMG IT'S OPEN TOMOZ!!!11' to make it to 200 please?

Of course! There's nothing els eto really say about this anyway.

The GMTV video did make it look crap but the ITV News segment was ace. I'm rather excited about this now... A bastard love child between a drop tower and a coaster can only be a good thing :D

Ollie

CF Legend
I thought the effects were just turned off for the news stories, but apparently they weren't on at all that day so even the people who rode it then haven't done so with all the effects on.
Sneaky way of Alton to get them back and ride again. :p

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Maxi-Minor_Furie saw the ITV segment and he is really excited about being five and big enough to ride it :)

He's about 1cm too small at the moment :lol:

A

Anonymous

We'll probably get another video segment from the Beeb this evening. Can't see Midlands Today not covering it before it opens.

bezzzzzer

Hyper Poster
Right, I'm about to start my ventures to get onto this thing at long last. Hopefully everything goes smoothly tomorrow.

Next time I post in this topic will be a review on it! Awesome, I'm just hoping for some good effects and something to make it special. Either way, I'm sure it will be a fun experience.

On to the Travelodge!

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
bezzzzzer said:
Next time I post in this topic will be a review on it!

No you won't! I'm setting up a special topic just for that purpose.

Brookes

Giga Poster
Is there anyone who works at Alton on here? Someone I know at college who works there has rode it today and said it was great, but they are not an enthusiast. Can't wait for it tomorrow!

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
Even if anyone did work at Towers I'm led to believe they take their staff posting stuff relating to work on the internet rather seriously...

Besides... I'm not exactly in a rush to find out someone else's opinion on a ride... Especially a day before I will hopefully go on it...

Martyn B

CF Legend
costar said:
Also, yes, it's trimmed. Get over it.

Err, slight over re-action there, I only asked about it as I hadn't heard anything about, and couldn't remember seeing anything mentioned in this topic.... :roll:

costar

Mega Poster
Yeah, sorry, that wasn't meant to sound like a reaction. Was just being blunt.

I was more thinking of the wider enthusiast community - I can imagine there will be critisism of the trims but basically, they're permanent magnets (first and second drops) so we'll just have to live with it!

Martyn B

CF Legend
Jeez, 2 sets of trims! Rubbish!

24883_10150158261530319_752170318_11779091_6137791_n.jpg

Hmm, that building looks a bit......'temporary' to me, and the Thirteen logo sticks out like a saw thumb with everything looking so dark an gloomy, however, I'll reserve judgement until I see it properly.

Also, is that a single rider queue I see....?! :D

Jools

Giga Poster
Any news on the Rita cars? I saw it testing on the Thirteen stories on the news, but it was just too blurred to see.

Jools

Giga Poster
Brad said:
Jools said:
Any news on the Rita cars? I saw it testing on the Thirteen stories on the news, but it was just too blurred to see.
Yes as a matter of fact, they are completly re-themed. As yes I have seen them in person. (Just thought I would throw it in there ;) )

That's brilliant news :--D

Status
Not open for further replies.