What's new

Theme park slogans

slappy mcguire

Mega Poster
It's occurred to me that while most High Street retailers have a slogan such as "Every little helps" or "mums been to Iceland", very few theme parks have a slogan of note - so, my question is this - can you come up with one that best fits your park - like Thorpe could be "Even chavs can go to Heaven" or Drayton could be "Not as crap as you think!" Any Suggestions?

jokerman

Giga Poster
Thorpe tend to use "The Nation's Thrill Capital". Chessington use either "Britain's Wildest Adventure" or "It's a world of adventures". Drayton have "Total Family Entertainment".

Most parks do hav slogans.

nadroJ

CF Legend
Paultons Park used to have the amazing 'It's a hoot-hoot!' It doesn't even make sense, I loved it. Now they've changed it to the lie that is 'too much fun for one day' in a sneak ploy to get people to buy annual passes or something. If you can't fit the entirety of the Paultons park attractions into one day you're either stupid or a slow animal of some kind. Possibly a tortoise.

Jer

Strata Poster
Gadv used to use

"Where everyday is a Great Adventure"

then they changed to:

"We hope you have a Six Flags day"

I dont dont remember what they used (if any) this season

F.A.S.T.

Hyper Poster
Cedar Fair parks are huge on slogans.
Cedar Point changes theirs every couple of years, but they have been using "America's Roller Coast" for awhile now.
Knotts slogan has always been "America's First Theme Park" and I'm guessing that isn't going to change anytime soon.
I know Canada's Wonderland slogan is "Where Else?".
CF's combined water&theme parks have "Two Great Parks for the Price of One" written on their brochures. I guess you could technically count that as a slogan.
Cedar Fair uses the slogan "The Fun and Only" for most of their smaller parks.

bezzzzzer

Hyper Poster
WHAT AN AMAZING DAY!

Plesure Islands old slogan it would seem, I think now it's "Discover the Magic". Both very, very poor.

ciallkennett

Strata Poster
Crikey, you lot aren't playing the game well ;) He didn't ask for former or current slogans, he asked for your suggestions :p ;)

So, I suggest Gulliver's across the country being "'cause there is nothing worse than a dirty old man spoiling your fun" :)

jokerman

Giga Poster
Yes, but he asked for suggestions because he claimed not enough parks had a slogan. And there's nothing people like doing more than proving each other wrong :wink:

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
Flamingoland's is "Wild animals. Wilder rides" or something like that. I quite like it really.

It used to be "Where Dreams are Made". There used to be a sign as you drove into the park. The slogan was known as "Where Dreams are Frayed" if you worked there.

Snoo

The Legend
Cedar Point:

* Early 1900s: "America's Most Beautiful Summer Pleasure Health Resort"
* Mid 1930s: "Queen of American Watering Places"
* 1951-56: "The Most Popular Summer Vacationland in the Midwest"
* 1972: "Cedar Point 72, It's like you've never been there before!"
* 1974-75: "All the places that you wanna go this summer are at Cedar Point"
* 1976: "Cedar Point, for the time of your life"
* 1977: "With more rides than ever before, and a lot more than just rides. Cedar Point."
* 1978: "And share it, with someone you love, Cedar Point"
* 1979-1985s: "The Amazement Park," while ads featured "Cedar Point is the cure for the summertime blues" (sung as a modified version of the classic Eddie Cochran song "Summertime Blues")
* 1986-87: "The Cure for the Summertime Blues!"
* Late 1989-early 1990s: "Get to the Point!"
* Early 1990s - present: "America's Roller Coast"/"America's Rockin' Roller Coast"
* Mid 1990s: Commercials featuring hairstyles caused by Cedar Point's collection of roller coasters hit local television. One actress had a large wind-whipped "Frankenstein's Bride-esque" hairdo caused by a day at Cedar Point and her line at the end of the commercial was: "I call it the Sandusky!" This commercial ran during the "Get to the Point!" ad campaign.
* 1995: "Real Thrills"
* 1996: "Get to the Point!"
* 2000-03: "Hold On!"
* 2003-04: "Are You Ready?"
* 2004-05: "Absolutely Amazing"
* 2006-09: "America's Roller Coast"/"America's Rockin' Roller Coast", "Ride On!"
* 2010: "America's Roller Coast"/"America's Rockin' Roller Coast", "The Fun and Only", "Ride Warriors", "Ride On!"

T0M

Hyper Poster
Is Lightwater Valley's "action packed value for all the family"? I have seen it a few times.

I like Alton's old "where the magic never ends".

Pierre

Strata Poster
Waffleman said:
Alton Towers used to have the slogan "Where The Magic Never Ends!".
http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl...dsp=16&ved=1t:429,r:10,s:123&biw=1280&bih=679

In the future mate I'd recommend clicking the fullsize image link to get a more reasonable sized link such as

http://www.osa-travel.co.uk/Overland/Ov ... towers.jpg

Or using an URL shortening service such as http://bit.ly

Also, perhaps trying to contribute to the actual question posed instead of just spouting out what parks used to have... although I see you're not the only one who totally missed the point.

WAFFLEMAN - WHERE NO URL IS TOO LONG.

My contribution?

Flamingo Land - For a fantastic day in North Yorkshire try our Damp Proofed Thatched Roofs Horses Hooves and Vekoma Moves.

jokerman

Giga Poster
It was less that we'd missed the point, more that we were being arseholes and pointing out a problem with the topic. :wink:

Pierre

Strata Poster
Despite the opening statement being pretty much incorrect, there was a challenge thrown down which little to no people have taken up.

This makes me a sad Pierre, I just had to witness a drab Manchester Derby and was seeking a topic such as this for some light hearted entertainment, only to be let down by my fellow enthusaists...