What's new

Thekingin64's dev topic.

Thekingin64

Strata Poster
My first coaster I am in the process of making is only a small Schwarzkopf looper and all I need to do on it now is smooth out the loop and add the supports.

Before I can post pictures, where can I find the pictures I've taken as they're not in the NL screenshots folder?

Xpress

Strata Poster
You gotta show hidden files. For some reason Windows 7 automatically hides stuff like that.

Thekingin64

Strata Poster
How?

I haven't been on No limits for a while as Ive been hardly been on my laptop recently. Due to that no changes have been made to the coaster.

unlimitedcoaster

Mega Poster
Go on your Hard Drive Drive > Program Files (x86) > No Limits v1.7. Then at the top, it should say, compatability files. Click on it, and your hidden files should appear.
COMPATIBILITY.jpg

Thekingin64

Strata Poster
I tryed that but it wasn't working when I went to upload to Photobucket. Luckily I found a way to merge that folder into my Pictures library so here's the pictures. The name is Loop Tester and the name and colours are definatly not final.

Looptester-110816235035002.jpg

Looptester-110816234939000.jpg

Looptester-110816235005001.jpg

Looptester-110816235104003.jpg

Xpress

Strata Poster
^Back off, it's only his first coaster.

As a friendly suggestion, split your hills into multiple segments. For the lifthill, use one segment to begin your horizontal to slope, then use one straight segment for the majority of your lift hill, then another segment to complete. MSN me for some more help, I'm always there...

kimahri

CF Legend
Wow Xpress, I didn't think you had that side in you.

Can't really say much other than parrot, split your lift in to 3 sections and also do the RCT thing, lift your ride up off the ground. It helps. Also build bigger, lets you see your shaping and stuff better I guess it's just easier...

Ethan

Strata Poster
Xpress said:

As a friendly suggestion, split your hills into multiple segments. For the lifthill, use one segment to begin your horizontal to slope, then use one straight segment for the majority of your lift hill, then another segment to complete. MSN me for some more help, I'm always there...

Actually, like I said, I was just wondering. I know it's his first coaster. I simply wanted to know how long it took him to learn because it took me a while!! Don't make snap judgements.

Ethan

Strata Poster
Ethan said:
Xpress said:

Actually, like I said, I was just wondering. I know it's his first coaster. I simply wanted to know how long it took him to learn because it took me a while!! I'd like it if you didnt make snap judgements.

Ethan

Strata Poster
Ethan said:
Ethan said:
Xpress said:

Actually, like I said, I was just wondering. I know it's his first coaster. I simply wanted to know how long it took him to learn because it took me a while!! I'd like it if you didnt make snap judgements.

Thekingin64

Strata Poster
The coaster is now complete. Because this is my first coaster ever on No Limits, I wasn't quite sure what I was doing with the supports. Everything is hand-drawn except the two inverted supports on the cobra.

Looptester-110818001400002.jpg

Looptester-110818001419003.jpg

Looptester-110818001432004.jpg

Looptester-110818001522006.jpg

I'll find out how to upload later when I have more time

Thekingin64

Strata Poster
I have nearly finished my next coaster. It is a woodie in the style of GCI. All I need to do to finish is sort out the lateral G's, put the supports on and think of a name for it.

wood-110824152759004.jpg

Overview

wood-110824152659002.jpg

Station and Overbank

wood-110824152645001.jpg

Lifthill, Airtime hills and twisty bit.

wood-110824152616000.jpg

Another overview.

Ethan

Strata Poster
Pretty good for your second nolimits coaster. Obviously it looks bumpy, but I look forward to seeing progress.

Xpress

Strata Poster
Almost finished??? You have a lot to do for supports.

Or are you going to be lazy and just auto support it? :p

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
^He's also fairly new to NL. Auto-supporting isn't lazy, it's convenient. Let's try and get the hard part (trackwork) right first, eh? ;)

Shaping looks a bit odd from the pictures, but it might be better when riding. These things often are. :D