What's new

The Weather

Snoo

The Legend
Here in Columbus, we hit around 4-5 inches of snow. Pictures don't do it justice as it's been nearly 2 days and it has been cleared from the roads. We have a few northeastern folks who I know have experienced some fun.

Also, the bottom of this link:

http://www.weather.com/storms/winter/ne ... ew-england

Has 333 pictures, many of which show what it's really like.

Boston:
216winterlolajan26.jpg

183winterlolajan26.jpg

Youngster Joey

Strata Poster
Just a few inches as well here in western New York. Boston and eastern Long Island got the majority of it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jordanovichy

Credit Whore 2016
Yeah, I head that New York got off pretty lightly. I love how the whole city was basically shut down and a blanket closure of schools and the like the next day. I love this picture, it wasn't taken in New York but nearer to Boston I believe.

_80570568_c781e334-e887-4865-890c-1f61c176e028.jpg

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
I spoke to the wife and kid last night and they only got a couple of inches, so a bit over over-precaution to close all schools, public transportation, etc. Better safe than sorry I guess and the family enjoyed having the day off without the hassle of tons of snow.
As for me, I'm here in sunny Santiago, Chile where it's still summer and a lovely 88° Fahrenheit (31° Celsius). I just arrived from Mexico City where it was also sunny and 75° (24°). It's supposed to get above 90° here tomorrow, but I'm flying to Guadalajara tomorrow night and it will be back to more sunshine and 75° there again. So I'm glad I'm missing out on the "big storm", even if it didn't hit home as bad as predicted.

Jordanovichy

Credit Whore 2016
Huge bump but my topic so meh ;)

Any Americans got pictures of the huge snowstorm that hit over the weekend? Be great to see some pictures!

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
The last couple of days have been the coldest Hong Kong has seen in about 60 years.

I was taking the piss out of the "cold weather warning" last week when it was still 16ºC, but it's been at around 3ºC in my area for the last couple of days.

Granted, that's a normal winter temperature back home, but buildings here, including most schools and apartments, are mostly unheated and uninsulated, with single-glazed windows and tiled floors.

Jordanovichy

Credit Whore 2016
Yeah, this was mentioned on BBC actually, about how cold east Asia is at the moment, something like -10C in Seoul. Do you have a heated flat?

Ben

CF Legend
Seoul is designed for it more though tbf, they always get cold winters.

It's literally boiling here it's actual 14c. I was sweating walking to work.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
Korea always gets cold winters. Like, ridiculously cold. Apartments all have underfloor heating though.

I've got a crappy little fan heater. It's good enough to warm my bedroom up, but that's it. In the living room the heat just instantly disappears. Apartments here are designed to stay cool.

Apparently, it'll be back up to around 18º by the weekend.

Jordanovichy

Credit Whore 2016
I went for a walk along the seafront in Portsmouth yesterday, 70mph winds were forecast and higher-than-usual tides. I got absolutely soaked. It was great fun!

[facebookpost]https://www.facebook.com/Jordanovichy/videos/10207571834728349/?l=2691297740069422984[/facebookpost]

mouse

Giga Poster
Flew from Berlin to Bristol on Sunday night - there was a fair bit of turbulence to say the least, particularly during landing!

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Jordanovichy said:
I went for a walk along the seafront in Portsmouth yesterday, 70mph winds were forecast and higher-than-usual tides. I got absolutely soaked. It was great fun!

[facebookpost]https://www.facebook.com/Jordanovichy/videos/10207571834728349/?l=2691297740069422984[/facebookpost]

Don't care about the weather, but embedded Facebook posts? That's quite special ;)