What's new

The Real RollerCoaster Tycoon

Kebab

Giga Poster
I haven't posted a topic in a while, I thought this maybe an interesting idea to have a blast on. I'll try to explain it as simply as possible.

You wake up; realise you're flying high into the air with all possibilities, as if you were God. You have freedom to create what you like, where you like, and you have the entire world to do it.

Straight to the point; if you had to create anything theme park related into the world (Rollercoaster, flat ride, entire theme park), with infinite possibilities, what would you create, where would you place it and why. Also bare in mind the possibilities your addition would cause on society, (think about drawing in masses of crowds to an area, dangers it may cause and other aspects).

Hope you understand :lol:

wash

Mega Poster
Hmmmm.... Well, first I'd make a roller coaster so tall that it would high-five the moon every once in a while. After that, I got nothing.

Jools

Giga Poster
I would purchase Great Blakenham Quarry from SnOasis and sort out the land so it is suitable for building, it has green and water features such as water falls, then get building the main rides.

Area Name: Space Sector

Colossal Force - The tallest ride in the UK at 300ft - Intamin Giga Coaster
Space Oddity - Enclosed Maurer Vertically launched X Car

Area Name: Arabia

Sultan's Revenge - B&M Invert around intensive theming of an Arabic Palace, would include worl's first element, where it leaves the station into a half an inverted corkscrew into darkness where you get held upside down, then the track inverts so you are the right way round, then you carry on through the palace up to the chain lift.

Area Name: Volcano Valley

Krakatoa - A Verticle coaster that cranks up to 50ft above the crest of the volcano, then drops into bright orange light before bursting out of the side of the volcano.

Area Name: Bermuda Triangle

Tempest - An intamin accelerator featuring an inverted top hat, then a layout similar to Rita only featuring inversions.

Area Name: Wild West

The Bull - A ride similar to El Toro (El Toro is obviously Bull in spanish), except maybe taller, a few extra airtime hills and an elongated second half.

Uncle Arly

Strata Poster
I would create a nice small coastal theme park. Nicely themed, not too extensive. The park would then increase in size over the years and become the new Disney.

Jools

Giga Poster
Uncle Arly said:
I would create a nice small coastal theme park. Nicely themed, not too extensive. The park would then increase in size over the years and become the new Disney.

Please pick Felixstowe! :lol:

Ingested Banjo

Mega Poster
You have NO IDEA how much time in my physics lessons is devoted to daydreaming about this precise topic!

I haven't really got a 'park' I'd make, I got a few ideas for rides though -

Cliffhanger - Literally, a cliff hanger, this stupidly tall drop tower would have its main winch at the top of a cliff, and have cables run to the base of the cliff, stretched with enough tension so they stay straight, and that would be used to hold the car on - so saving much weight on building a freestanding tower.

The ride would be the height of the cliff, plus about 50 ft, as the supports would be built like a crane, with a 45* beam held up over the cliff by a cable running down at a gentler angle from the apex. It would be winched up, and winched back down again at a rate slightly faster than freefall, and also stopped by the same winch.

Black hole - A Vertical flume ride, unlike the 'vertical' flume rides around now, this one would actually be vertical. You would step onto a platform, with a bar above you. The platform would then drop away to the sides, revealing a 20m vertical drop into blackness before an extended pullout, and then a flat section of clear tunnel that goes underneath the water level of the main pool, so swimmers can watch you shoot through the tube.

There would also be a bar above the platform, so that if you were strong enough and wanted to, you could just 'hang' over the drop, for a few seconds, after the platform dropped away.

Mega fun coaster (final destination style) - An evilly themed coaster, this coaster would be probably a eurofighter. The track and trains would be coloured a faded, but sickly green, or another bright fairground colour. The theming would be seemingly nonexistent, apart from a large, chipboard tower over the top of the lift hill, and high barbed wire fences around the area.

The ride layout would be fairly unremarkable - at the least, it would have a vertical lift and a loop, for reasons I will explain. On the vertical lift, the coaster would reach almost the top, make a loud clanking noise, and fall back down about 40ft of lift hill, before being caught, and resuming the climb up the lift hill. On the loop, the train would seem to stop at the top of the loop, to be guided slowly round the top by inconspicuous friction wheels. At the very top of the loop, the restraints would suddenly vibrate, giving the impression that they had come undone slightly (of course, they'd only have rattled a bit). And finally, on the brakerun, the train would overshoot the first brakerun, only to come to a stop inches before hitting the train in front.

---

Well, I would go on, but I plan to design rides in the future, and if I give all my ideas away now, I'll have none left for when I get a job!

Plus, I doubt most people will bother to read all of that :(

My park would be in CANADA, since we have like, none. It would be the brighest park ever.. Employees would wear lime green and orange outfits, the coasters would all be neon, and so would the buildings.

Yay for my park.