What's new

The Pixar Thread

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic
You all know and love 'em. The creators of arguably some of the best animated movies of all time, and the upcoming "The Good Dinosaur" looks to be one of the best ones out of the bunch.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O-RgquKVTPE[/youtube]

So, discuss anything Pixar-related here! Any favorites? Least favorites? Do you love their creativity? Post it!

jj23w

Hyper Poster
Out of the old Pixar like Toy Story being my favourite and Bugs life being an innovative one I do enjoy them. Inside Out is my favourite animated film of all time and the closest to making me cry. I can't wait for the good dinosaur incredibles 2 and finding dory and obviously toy story 4.

Jordanovichy

Credit Whore 2016
That awkward moment when jjlettersandnumbers sums up your thoughts almost perfectly :p

The Toy Story series is my favourite with the third being just phenomenal. I cried like a baby for hours. Bugs Life is amazing, I love it, as is Finding Nemo <3 Monsters Inc. is one of my favourite films of all time, Monsters University was poor to be honest, Cars was so bad, I haven't seen Cars 2 xD love Ratatouille, love Wall-E, love Up, love the Incredibles, and I loved Inside Out. Brave is pretty good.

I can't wait for Toy Story 4 and Finding Dory. Cars 3 is a thing? That can **** off.

I didn't realise Pixar had only made 15 films so far to be honest, I can't believe the only Pixar film I haven't seen is Cars 2, I might watch it just to say I've seen them all haha.

jj23w

Hyper Poster
First cars was good the second wasn't worth watching. I found monsters university good it bought a throwback to our favourite childhood films.

Hutch

Strata Poster
For I while I couldn't decide whether Up or Toy Story 3 was my favorite, and I still can't decide. After that it would be Ratatouille and Inside Out (which I need to see again soon!).

It's such a treat that we get 2 Pixar movies this year :D (but then again, they're probably just making it up for the lack of any last year). Love how in Good Dinosaur it seems like the dinosaurs act as more of the people and the humans are the peculiar creatures.

Least favorite is Monsters University, thought it was okay. Felt very different from the rest of Pixar and had a pretty stupid plot. It's still enjoyable nonetheless.

Bugs Life is the only one I haven't seen. Well, I have watched bits of it but they didn't really interest me so I've never bothered.

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic
Jordanovichy said:
That awkward moment when jjlettersandnumbers sums up your thoughts almost perfectly :p

The Toy Story series is my favourite with the third being just phenomenal. I cried like a baby for hours. Bugs Life is amazing, I love it, as is Finding Nemo <3 Monsters Inc. is one of my favourite films of all time, Monsters University was poor to be honest, Cars was so bad, I haven't seen Cars 2 xD love Ratatouille, love Wall-E, love Up, love the Incredibles, and I loved Inside Out. Brave is pretty good.

I can't wait for Toy Story 4 and Finding Dory. Cars 3 is a thing? That can **** off.

I didn't realise Pixar had only made 15 films so far to be honest, I can't believe the only Pixar film I haven't seen is Cars 2, I might watch it just to say I've seen them all haha.

If you think Cars is bad, don't bother with Cars 2. It's almost like a bad James Bond rip-off.

Oh wait, it is.

Chris Brown

Mr CoasterForce 2016
Why the hate for bugs life?!

My personal favourites are the toy story's. I loved the growing up but i can still re watch them as they are simply brilliant. Toy story 3 had me and 7 mates all crying in the cinema and it was in my opinion the perfect way to end the set of films. Not sure about the idea of toy story 4 because from a selfish POV im worried they can't top the current 3.

I think Pixar just do family films perfectly. The characters, the plots, the emotion and the humour is nearly always spot on for all. I think the fact that they have only done 15 films shows they are happy not to churn out mediocre films for the money. Which in today's society is refreshing to see.

PeskyTrimBrake

Hyper Poster
Pixar I have mixed feelings about. Toy Story and Bugs life were ok but still didn't make it on my list (go ahead, crucify me). My favorites are The Incredibles, Wall-E, Inside Out, and Monsters Inc./University. My least faves are Cars and Planes. Pixar's plots are straight to the point but doesn't go to much into details. Visually, Pixar's movies are average but Monster University really stands out as the best which was literal eye candy. Overall, Pixar is not my favorite animation studio but they surely make great movies.

As for The Good Dinosaur, the trailer really reminds me of Finding Nemo but vice versa. Not sure if its a good thing or a bad thing.

tomahawk

Strata Poster
I'm in the small minority where I see Pixar is vastly overrated. Toy Story, Incredibles, and Up are all fantastic. Up being one of my favorite animated.

Dreamworks has several films that are superior to the Pixar line up, looking at original Shrek, HtTYD and Kung Fu Panda.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

BBH

Giga Poster
Pixar. <<<33333 Call me basic but they're so fantastic.

The Incredibles is one of my favorite movies of all time, up there with Ferris Bueller's Day Off and Monty Python and the Holy Grail. Toy Story 3 and Inside Out both made me want to cry like a baby. Up and Wall-E are absolute masterpieces, and Ratatouille is just fantastic.

caffeine_demon

Strata Poster
The first shrek was great, but the sequels were a bit disappointing, never saw the appeal of how to train your dragon though...

Edward M

Strata Poster
I'm a bit of a Pixar fanatic so I'm gonna go through all of them.

Up is my favorite. It's just as perfect as an animated film can get. People talk about crying so hard in Toy Story 3, but Up is the one that made me cry 3 different times. And I rarely cry during movies. The first 2 Toy Storys were my childhood movies so obviously these are my other favorites. I would say I would put Toy Story 2 over Toy Story, and I don't like Toy Story 3 that much (sorry). It just lacked the magic that the first two had. Whenever I watch it thinking that I may finally like it, I end up disappointed. Inside Out is just amazing. Up there with Up in the crying counts. The fact that such a great film isn't a studio's best is a testament to the greatness that is Pixar. Incredibles is also really quality and is one of the best superhero movies out there. I appreciate Wall-E more than most Pixar movies for trying out something so unique. I don't like to watch it more than the ones I've already said, and I just think the second half pales in comparison to the unbelievable first half. Finding Nemo and Ratatouille are both also really quality and great films. In Finding Nemo, Ellen DeGeneres kills it as Dory, and Ratatouille may have the most gorgeous animation of any of their movies. Monster Inc. is good but not nearly as good as people put it out to be. Billy Crystal just gets on my nerves during the movie. Monsters University was as meh as Pixar could get. Brave was enjoyable although it could have been so much more. I think Cars gets a bad wrap. I actually enjoyed the film although it is still in the lower tier of Pixar movies. The only actually bad Pixar movie is Cars 2. I hate it. I'm just glad that Inside Out has brought back Pixar to its former greatness.

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic
caffeine_demon said:
The first shrek was great, but the sequels were a bit disappointing, never saw the appeal of how to train your dragon though...

That's DreamWorks, my friend. ;-)

Sent from my VS840 4G using Tapatalk

Jamesss

Hyper Poster
I liked all of Pixar's films until Up came along. I remember watching it at the cinema when it first came out and thinking how distinctly mediocre it was, then it got rave reviews and I was utterly confused. I really don't know how some people claim it to be Pixar's best.

I haven't seen many of their films since then but by the sounds of it I must take a look at Inside Out. My favourites so far are Finding Nemo (which for me is one of the best films ever) and Ratatouille.

caffeine_demon

Strata Poster
GuyWithAStick said:
caffeine_demon said:

That's DreamWorks, my friend. ;-)

Sorry - should have made it a bit clearer that I was responding to a dreamworks quote!

Pink Cadillac

Giga Poster
I don't like Up! either. The plot was weak and the fat kid was extremely irritating. I love Toy Story so much. It's been too long time since I've seen the first two. All the characters are fab and I have a huge amount of nostalgia for the films. Out of the films I've seen, only Up was bad. Brave was average, but everything else has been great.

tomahawk

Strata Poster
Wall e is the turd in the punch bowl of pixar. It's garbage.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic
^Not sure if you intended that pun, but that was pretty good.

Also, does anyone have a clue on what the new "Coco" thing? Looks kinda weird.