What's new

The New of France and the Old of Germany PTR

CookieCoasters

Giga Poster
Just over a week later than I stated but oh well :)

I'm pretty tired, so my writing probably won't be the most inspiring. Therefore, I will mainly show pictures. By the way, some of them are from my Phantasialand last year.

So after a couple nights in Koblenz, we visited the final park of the park of the trip, Phantasialand. My favourite park and it was my fourth visit.

IMG_2093_zps61f8b1d9.jpg

It was quite wet when we arrived.

IMG_2095_zps3db6c3bc.jpg

I must admit, I really don't like the new green sections of track on Colorado Adventure. I don't see how it supposedly fits better with the area.

IMG_2098_zps7154a8be.jpg

Beautiful

IMG_2106_zps4d527d40.jpg

The drop is pretty steep.

IMG_2111_zps55c8e77d.jpg

IMG_2114_zps451cd602.jpg

Chiapas actually ended up opening early, even though most rides aren't supposed to open till 10am. It was a very nice surprise, especially considering it wasn't water ride weather.

IMG_2119_zps0f645658.jpg

IMG_2121_zpsaf1cb54f.jpg

Some of the queueline.

IMG_2127_zpsab7081b4.jpg

We got 4 consecutive goes on it without getting off. It is a very nice amount of wetness, making it more re-ridable in cold and wet conditions.

It's a very good log flume. It has: good theming, length, a brilliant final drop and following camelback hill and a very good soundtrack. It ticks all the boxes for an exceptional water ride and adds yet another brilliant ride to Phantasialand. Fantastic!

IMG_1441_zps04e37c10.jpg

Black Mamba was next.

IMG_1442_zpse76886e8.jpg

Last year I left the park feeling this was my favourite coaster. This time was not as successful. It seemed to lack the relentless pace and felt a little too controlled this time. It has still has surprisingly good pops of airtime, a great layout and great theming, but I just didn't get the same feeling as I did last time.

IMG_1449_zps02b0e0c0.jpg

IMG_1452_zps41d0a503.jpg

Its still one of my favourite Inverts and in my Top 20, but even after quite a few rides I did not understand why I had it at number one until I305 this summer.

IMG_1417_zps9ea05317.jpg

IMG_1398_zpse7563246.jpg

Onto the Winjas!

IMG_1399_zpsd4314682.jpg

IMG_1400_zps26b517a2.jpg

IMG_1405_zpscfc4d234.jpg

It's a really hard ride to photograph.

The first time I rode these coasters, I was mesmerised. Since then the novelty has worn off a bit. Fear is the best spinning coaster in the world, but Force is pales in comparison. I feel like Winjas Fear was made first and then Phantasialand decided just to squeeze an extra track in there.

IMG_1394_zps39f5fb2b.jpg

Mystery Castle please!!

By the way, the park was pretty quiet this visit which meant little queueing. As MC has short queues even on busy days, it was very quiet this time.

IMG_1429_zps73420a7c.jpg

It took me a little while to get used to this ride, but I loved it last year and this year. It has great atmosphere and a fairly good program. Sadly, it was running on a shorter one later in the day.

IMG_2135_zps0c35cc05.jpg

Phantasialand's other brilliant water ride.

IMG_1433_zps222ab196.jpg

IMG_1437_zps6a6d286a.jpg

Definitely the best and most thrilling rapids ride. It's always great to see people's reactions at the top of lift, looking down the first drop.

IMG_1457_zps7c465854.jpg

From the best rapids ride to the best mine train

IMG_1458_zps0e7677c2.jpg

IMG_1459_zps2b173c04.jpg

I only rode this twice on this visit because they closed the back two cars whenever the queue got quite short and it is only a great coaster when towards the back. A shame, but at least it wasn't for the whole day.

IMG_1491_zpsd3c91026.jpg

I didn't ride Talocan, Maus or Nighthawk on this visit, but they are all one of the best of their ride types.

IMG_2138_zps52d4b21a.jpg

We had a final ride on Chiapas before we left.

IMG_2142_zpsaff024a3.jpg

Final thoughts. Although, there were a few small disappointments, Phantasialand is still my favourite park. It may not have massive quantity, but has ultimate quality in all areas. It is a very 'complete' park.

Thank you for reading my Phantasialand report and all my other reports :)

ThomVD

Giga Poster
Good report!

I felt the same about Black Mamba back when I visited in June. It was still great but not as fantastic as I remembered. However, when I rode it last week, it was running better than ever. It was faster yet smoother than previous times, and it was pretty intense and forceful. I even greyed out a little on the loop, which I didn't get the previous times.

They did the same with Colorado when I was there. In the back, it's one of the most enjoyable coasters I've ridden, but the back was blocked off for most of the day. A shame really. They also ran the short Mystery Castle program when I was there later on the day, despite being a 0 min queue. It had the long program in the morning. Really strange.

Chiapas is an incredible ride and I fell more in love with it when I rode it last week. The first time we had to share a boat with 5 or 6 people, and I'm quite tall with long legs, so it was really uncomfortable. This time my sister and I shared one boat, so it was much better. I loved it the first time, but now I could enjoy it without any uncomfort. It really completes the park both aesthetically and in terms of ride line-up, and I can't imagine Phantasialand without it anymore (kinda like how I feel about Liseberg and Helix). Glad you love it!