• yes

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • no

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

spicy

Giga Poster
http://www.rcdb.com/ig776.htm?picture=7

Is the helix on Nemesis at AT the best you have ever ridden?

Its definately the best I've ever ridden, Its intense, fast, the G's are amazing (especially at the back)! and its so tight. Its probably got to have one of the best near misses around aswel. You think your feet are definately going to hit the metal fence when you're at the front.

So is it the best you have ever ridden? If not what was better? Cos I'd certainly like to ride it!

Considering what it does in such a confined space, yes it is the best I've been on.
90 degree camber and enough positive g to iron the creases out of your arse.
All the time you are less than 3 ft from the nearest object, wether it be the fence or the ground.

Harvey

Hyper Poster
Yes, probably. It certainly does alot in a small amount of space, Im sure it drops further than any other 270 degrees helix in such a tight space, certainly good fun in the back right hand seat, I try and sweep for the floor with my hand. :p

Kaycee

Roller Poster
I've heard a lot about Goliath's helix and can only imagine that it's probably a lot better than Nemesis'. Didn't a woman die of a ruptured brain aneurysm shortly after riding Goliath?

I haven't been on many coasters outside of the UK, so I wouldn't say I'm experienced enough to really comment, but there certainly isn't anything else like it in the UK that I'm aware of. :)

robbeal

Hyper Poster
I couldn't think of any better helices i've ridden, so yeah, it probably is. I'm intrigued as to whether the helix on Anaconda (Giovanola Invert) at Gold Reef City has a more intense helix, which it is rumoured to have, because that'd be fairly similar due to the similarity in construction, but more intense!

A

Anonymous

Mine is also Goliath, I blacked out two of my four rides, big time in the back seat!

A

Anonymous

Goliath's helix didn't feel any more intense than Magnum Force's loops to me, no hint of any "out"ing. I don't recall that ever happening to me in any situation though so I may just be resistant to it (kind of a shame, as I'd strangely like to experience it since people talk about it quite a lot).

I don't know about most intense helix I've ridden, but most intense helix entry goes to Knoebels Twister. That has to be ridden to be believed!

joe

Mega Poster
The helix on Nemmy is intense, and it shows real speed when your watching it whizz past you. It is one of the most intense helix's I have been on.

Kaycee

Roller Poster
Ultimate Coaster said:
Kaycee said:
I've heard a lot about Goliath's helix and can only imagine that it's probably a lot better than Nemesis'. Didn't a woman die of a ruptured brain aneurysm shortly after riding Goliath?

Yeah, but it was proven she could have died from walking up the stairs - the coaster was just giving the ride to the wrong rider at the wrong time. Same thing happened with Hulk, which is another blackout machine.

Yeah, I was aware it wasn't the coaster's fault. Those brain aneurysms are a damn bitch because a lot of the time the people don't even know they've got a weak vessel. But still, when I saw this topic, I immediately thought 'Goliath' and if I ever rode Goliath, I'd be thinking of the helix.

stevewalsh

Roller Poster
Six flags Magic mountain, goliath is way mor intense than nemesis, i mean the ride staff there when i went in 2000 were asking did you enjoy the centrefuge.

Ben

CF Legend
Also, the helix on Winjas is fun, spinning over the whole area rules. More of a laugh then Nemesis's, which IMO is as important as intensity.

~X~

Roller Poster
Nemesis is probably the most intense helix i've been on, great effect diving into the cavern aswell.

-X-

Well, obviously I havn't ridden either of the 2 Nemesis', having never been outside North America, but I will say the most intense helix I've ever been on is Raptor. It seems like on any inverted coaster (that's not a family oriented one), a tight helix will feel mega intense, so it's not like Nemesis Inferno is the only one.

Goliath's helix, oh my god, I've never been on it, but it looks pretty extreme. I know if the helix is where they take the ORP's, mine would turn out to be monstrous I tell ya. I would have to say that S:RoS at Six Flags New England has a pretty wicked "spaghetti bowl" helix as well, so until someone rides all 3, there's no saying which has the most intense helix.

Almost

Hyper Poster
LiveForTheLaunch said:
Well, obviously I havn't ridden either of the 2 Nemesis', having never been outside North America, but I will say the most intense helix I've ever been on is Raptor. It seems like on any inverted coaster (that's not a family oriented one), a tight helix will feel mega intense, so it's not like Nemesis Inferno is the only one.

Goliath's helix, oh my god, I've never been on it, but it looks pretty extreme. I know if the helix is where they take the ORP's, mine would turn out to be monstrous I tell ya. I would have to say that S:RoS at Six Flags New England has a pretty wicked "spaghetti bowl" helix as well, so until someone rides all 3, there's no saying which has the most intense helix.

I think your thinking of the S:ROS's at America and Darien Lake because NE's isn't a "Spaghetti bowl" at all, it goes around once.

Are you refering to this?:

superman-ride-of-steel3.jpg

Because that's not even the most intense helix I've been on, Nitro tops that easily.

A

Anonymous

well the helix on Nemesis is probably the best, LOADS of g's and very diorientating.

Ben

CF Legend
I hate the look of the S:ROS helix, it looks so dull and lenghty, plus all those tall footers are ick factor 10.

I'm glad no-one has bought up that arguement we had ages ago, about wether or not it was actually a helix.