What's new

The long awaited NL Comp VIII Results

Dave

CF Legend
I'm so so so so so so so sorry for the late results. I've had a hectic few months, working to death and also finding a place to live at university.
This is going to lead to some changes in how the NL Comp is run in future, but I will get onto that a bit later.
I also apologise in advance how **** this results topic will be, no fancy reviews or fancy gimmicky tension.

So in 5th place

The Happy Shopper by Hixee!
TheHappyShopper-090905013838000-1.jpg

With a score of 24/35!

Next in 4th place is Frenzy by Marc!
Frenzy-090905013918000-1.jpg

This was with 25/35

Next in 3rd place is Gizmo by Pokemaniac!
Gizmo-090905143546000-1.jpg

Scored 26/35

Coming as runner up for the comp is Bernard Matthews by RobJackson85
BernardMatthewsTurkeyTwizzler-TheRi.jpg

Scoring 27/35
(Got that high because of Bonus Points)

So the winner with 31 points out of 35 is Twisted Technicolour!
TwistedTechnicolor-090905014257000.jpg

Thank you to all who took part, sorry for the delay!
All the tracks can be found here:
http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=98b8 ... f6e8ebb871

So the 8th competition has finished and the last one to be marked by me. For the 9th competition I will be handing over the marking aspect to Hixee who will oversee this part of the competition.
After discussing I will be making the competitions, setting the rules, themes and what roller coaster it will be, but Hixee will do the marking (since I forget to do them and take forever!)

So the CF No Limits Competition IX will be a Wooden Roller Coaster as you've been dying to have one, I;m still working on the template, as I SUCK at terraforming.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Well, 5th... not great. However, well done to everyone else!

As Dave said, we're going to change the way the Comps are done now. You might have to bear with me for a bit while I catch up on Dave's excellent led. This does not mean that I'm taking over, Dave is still the overseer of the Comps, however I (am possibly another, you know who you are ;) ) will be giving a hand with the ratings.

Anyway, I liked that Comp. It was nice and different. Great work everyone.

A

Anonymous

They look nice, and I'm really looking forward to ride them in the near future.

As always Dave, just hit me up if you need any help with stuff...

A wooden coaster competition may be great fun, so there might be a possibility that I might join in on this one...

Blaze

Hyper Poster
WWWOOOOOO!!!

Can't believe I won! But then again, this was a pretty awfull competition. The competition itself was great, but the entries were poor.

And the new comp, can we have a 165 foot height limit? Built a great ride that would fit in there, providing the dimensions fit in and the terraforming works for it.

Dave

CF Legend
Me and Loefet are working on something at the moment. Should be good! Modelling it on Voyage

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
I'm surprised at the amount of supports the two winning coasters had. That would be a bit hard to walk around a food court.

Nice job to everybody though.

Xpress

Strata Poster
^Yeah, i noticed. Blaze must have went insane with those :shock:

I'm in the woodie comp. I love woodies, there's soo much room for awesome-ness :D

Add in bumps and then it's a bit like sex..

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
3rd? Wow, that's pretty good seeing as I was close to forfeiting this. The supports are all Wood Magic, transformed to metal beams.

I hope to do better in the next comp, though. My entry was poor this time.

Blaze

Hyper Poster
Yeah I noticed the wood magic, and I don't think I used that many supports, infact I was thinking some bits may have been under supported, but the reason I may have used a lot of them is probably because the layout forced me to build supports that were parhaps not as strong as they could be if they were simpler. It may be a small coaster, but it is quite aggresive so would need some supporting.

Told you I would have the best colour scheme ever.

Appologies for the name, hopefully Coldplay won't sue me for ripping off two of their song titles.

Blaze

Hyper Poster
If you didnt get the bonus points you would have finished on 17 points. I think you're right, but don't rush it either.

So happy with 31, that means I got 4/5 on every section and the bomus 10!