What's new

The little pocket on a pair of jeans

Do you use the pocket watch pocket on a pair of jeans?

• No, never

Votes: 6 46.2%
  • Rarely

Votes: 4 30.8%
  • All the time

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • I don't wear jeans

Votes: 1 7.7%

• Total voters

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
That irritating little pocket at the top of the large pocket on a pair of jeans was designed to hold a pocket watch.

small-jeans-pocket-used-to-be-for-watches.jpg

Seeing as 99% of people don't use a pocket watch, it's no there for traditional reasons.

Does anybody here actually use it?

I sometimes use it to hold my house keys when I'm out on the piss but most of the time it just gets in the way of the main pocket.

I really like the word "pocket".

Jamesss

Hyper Poster
I never knew it's supposed to be used for stopwatches, I've only ever used it to hold guitar picks. They fit perfectly.

MouseAT

Hyper Poster
No. Nothing I carry fits in that pocket. Usually my keys go in one pocket, and my phone in the other. I've never noticed it getting in the way though.

Lottie.

Mega Poster
Let's say pocket. :p

Seems a bit of an unnecessary pocket unless someone has found a creative way to use it aha.

DelPiero

Strata Poster
Keys mainly, change is impossible to get out of there.
Lighter sometimes goes in there too, and on rare occasions, memory stick.

ATTACKHAMMER

Strata Poster
I sometimes put small exact change in there so I can buy things I already know the price of, organisation, the small pocket can be useful.

ciallkennett

Strata Poster
I never knew that the pocket exists for that reason. Cheers for that little fact, Ian!

I personally use it upon occasion to put money into on a night out (e.g. put money away for a taxi just so I don't drunkenly spend it) but otherwise it's pretty useless to me.

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
I always keep my change in it, but then if I lived in Europe I would never use it because coins over there are too big.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
I use it very, very, very occasionally to put the big fat key fob of my car keys in, with the keys hanging out over the front of my jeans.

It's only if I know I need to access the keys, but will have hands too full of stuff to have a proper rummage around in a pocket to fish out my car keys (and not my house keys).

Though usually, I just hang them over my normal pocket, but sometimes I like to use the little one to make it feel wanted - I call it Taylor ;)

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
I occasionally put USB sticks there, but usually I pretend it doesn't exist.

BBH

Giga Poster
^I'll put flash drives in there as well, but I'll also put a spare house or car key in there. (Not that I'm even old enough to drive, just a spare for when we're on vacation.)

Posted while reading your mind.