What's new

The Jer development topic! [Songbird 8/13/16]

Jer

Strata Poster
Lookie here new supports! in typical Premier fashion it's quite over supported in areas.

pilot110409143640000.png

pilot110409143655001.png

pilot110412151356000.png

^Just finished those.

feedback is much appreciated!

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Looks really nice. Can't wait to ride the finished article!

Jer

Strata Poster
Sort of off topic, and I think you guys might find this interesting.

This is a video i've made today for an old ride of mine known as Gamma Burst. The ride was first started when Maverick opened, I worked hard on it and hated the layout so I abandoned it. Then 2 years ago i picked it up again, and redid most of the layout (everything after the Cobra Roll is new) I no longer have the old layout, or any photos to show you. I still never finished it, Gamma Burst is an interesting ride with a unique layout so I hope you enjoy this look at a classic Jer coaster.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wd5MFXX8kZY[/youtube]

Thekingin64

Strata Poster
^ That was pretty cool that coaster nd would love to ride in real life if it was real. Loved the first drop.

What did you do to the track at the top of the first drop and first inversion though?

Xpress

Strata Poster
That lift top felt inspired by Colder Fusion IMO.... Nice track though.

Thekingin64 said:
What did you do to the track at the top of the first drop and first inversion though?

Construction Kit > Modeler > Create Model > Spine > custom size ect. ect.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I quite liked it. You can tell how much you've improved over the years. There wasn't an awful lot wrong with that ride, it just wasn't as good as some of the stuff you're releasing now.

Jer

Strata Poster
Xpress said:
Thekingin64 said:

Construction Kit > Modeler > Create Model > Spine > custom size ect. ect.

No actually

I used track connectors, a **** load of evenly placeed track connectors.

Jer

Strata Poster
Re: The Jer development topic! [Something Interesting 4/20/1

Good news, finished the supports:

pilot110429140816000.png

pilot110429140851001.png

I just need to add some trees and crap, expect it by next week :)

Jer

Strata Poster
Re: The Jer development topic! [Pilot Supports complete 4/25

Well triple post....woo :roll:

This post however will be worth you time because....I'm releasing it into the wild for CF only today! Consider it a media event before the absolute opening tomorrow!

Stats:
Height: 124ft
Speed: 70mph
Length: 4,246ft
Inversions: 4 (Corkscrew, Dive Loop, Corkscrew, Barrel Roll)

pilot110429151710001.png

VIDEO

DOWNLOAD

Thekingin64

Strata Poster
Re: The Jer development topic! [Pilot Download! 4/30/11]

Looks very good and it was longer than I thought. If it was real I would definately ride it.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team

I liked this. As I said before, the track work is good. There is the odd jerk and pump in the transitions, but to be honest they're nothing really. You can see some of them, but they're really nothing I wouldn't expect from a hand-built track. I really liked the mix of big fast corners, short twisty sections and gentle inversions. The barrel roll was also really well done and very smooth.

The support work was nice, I liked some of the structures, simple and clean. The pacing was pretty good too, it did feel like it died a little in the last helix, but the ride was pretty much over at that point, so it's not that big of a deal.

Overall, nice ride. 8/10

Jer

Strata Poster

Thanks for all the feed back guys, and now it's time to introduce my next ride: Dreadnought

Dreadnaught is a 225ft tall Xcar monster, I haven't done much else other than the drop to be honest so I cant quite boast anything just yet. I wasnt quite sure if 225 was too tall for a Xcar, but if the general consensus says it is it's a vertical lift and can easily be lowered.

dreadnought110503140447.png

Jer

Strata Poster
Re: The Jer development topic! [Dreadnought into 5/3/11]

Added colors, some support skeletons, track, and lowered it to 200ft rather than 225, I know it really isn't a very visual change it's hard to tell from screens alone, but in speed and forces it makes a massive difference.

Right now keeping it relatively compact for fun, especially while supporting, but i might have an out and back section. I have the next few elements planned out, but after that it's all improvisation

dreadnought110504102622.png

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Re: The Jer development topic! [Dreadnought update 5/4/11]

^200ft seems more manageable. :) I like the idea of it being really compact, it'd be one hell of a challenge!

:p

Jer

Strata Poster
Re: The Jer development topic! [Dreadnought update 5/4/11]

I added a quite large Immelmann, that will lead into an incline non inverting loop, I will work that out somehow.

dreadnought110505012156.png