What's new

The Jer development topic! [Songbird 8/13/16]

Jer

Strata Poster
HA! I bet you all thought this was dead and the ride abandoned, well I have good news, it's not. I've simply been swamped with school work, and technical malfunctions. Well It wasn't until this morning when my alarm didn't go off making me late for my first class of the day that I was able to get some supports done, while it is a very small bit, it's enough to say that this project isn't finished with and WILL be finished!

axis110228090600000.png

axis110228090611001.png

Jer

Strata Poster
Sorry for the double, I have some more exciting news, supports are 100% done!

axis110302121734000.png

axis110302121752001.png

axis110302124612000.png

Jer

Strata Poster
Well guys it's finally finished!

Video:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fmRVAkBNZ-o[/youtube]

DOWNLOAD

also if you so please I built the corkscrew to be safe with the spinning both on and off, so if you want to have it with spinning on, just change the settings of the brake run to no change.

Looking forward to feedback, how you all enjoy this ride as much as I enjoyed building it

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Nice ride!

The layout was good, I liked some of the banked airtime/spinning sections and the two big 90° stalls were great. The corkscrew also worked really well, and somewhat believably too. I wasn't as much of a fan of the pacing though. It seemed a little fast to me, I don't know whether that's just me being odd, but at first I thought I still had it at 200% speed. It was good, but it felt a bit too quick...

The trackwork was mostly good, nothing more than the normal little jerks and pumps, nothing worth marking down for really. The only bit that felt a little off was the entrance to the corkscrew, but it certainly wasn't bad. I also liked the support work and the colours and look of the ride.

This ride was good, it was just something with the pacing I didn't like, but I think that might just be me. Overall, a great ride and the unique-ness of it was fantastic. Good work! 7.5/10.

Jer

Strata Poster
Introducing Pilot, I'd hate to do another intamin but it's just calling to me!

I'm making a wing-walker, couple notes though, I'm not so sure about the shaping, going for a mix of X-Raptor and Baco I suppose. The G's as well are going to be a bit off, since they're being measured from the center and not the sides.

Stats:
Height: ~120ft
Speed: 70mph
Length: N/A
Inversions: 4 (maybe)

pilot110309230244001.png

Jer

Strata Poster
Sorry for the double, got a lot of stuff to go over.

Okay if you all remember Reflex from earlier, well the rating have been given out so I can finally share the track. But with some rather disappointing news, I was DQ'd for having a footer out of the template, :( either way I wouldn't have made it. The track wasn't my best work, I only did it to prove to myself I could still finish a ride. Still I'll share it anyway.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wG1aGdRNTyU[/youtube]

DOWNLOAD

Also as far as Pilot goes, i've decided to change it to a Premier LIM launched coaster.

pilot110311135616000.png

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I'm going to keep this short, but Reflex wasn't as good as I was hoping. This will sound harsher than it really is, but I was somehow expecting something more.

The first drop was a really nice idea, and the layout was pretty nicely laid out, but the track was pretty pumpy and jerky. This might be due to the time constraints that you working under, I don't know, but it seemed like it could've been a bit better. Still, that's not to say the layout wasn't that bad. It had a nice sequence and flowed quite well. Shame about the footer though!

Pilot looks interesting. I've been wanting to do a Premier for a while, but I just can't think of anything 'new'.

Jer

Strata Poster
I redid the layout a bit for pilot, The transition from the wing-walker to the Premier wasn't as smooth as I thought. i've been distracted by Xbox so progress has been slow. Enough words time for pictures.

pilot110318143200001.png

pilot110318143138000.png

Jer

Strata Poster
Ask and you shall receive, the layout is almost finished it will end with some close to the ground elements.

pilot110319122733001.png

pilot110319122704000.png

Lofty

CF Legend
It's looking good. i like how sprawled out it is. The only thing I'm not sure on is the purple and yellow track. It'd probably look better all purple, I'm guessing your supports are purple also?

Jer

Strata Poster
Excuse the double but the layout is complete:

pilot110325134150000.png

pilot110325134209001.png

Stats:
Height: 123ft
Speed: 71mph
Length: 3,769.56ft
Inversion: 4 (Corkscrew, Dive Loop, Corkscrew, Barrel Roll)
Launch: 0-70mph in 3sec

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Looking good, I look forward to seeing the finished ride!

Jer

Strata Poster
Horray for doubles

more supports, as you might expect, school is making support progress slow.

pilot110405141931000.png