What's new

The Jer development topic! [Songbird 8/13/16]

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
That corkscrew looks great! I hope it rides well!

I look forward to the release of this one. :p

Jer

Strata Poster
Supports have been started and the exit station is about 75% complete.

axis110125124147001.png

axis110125124137000.png

Louis!

Mega Poster
Are you changing the support colours for the track? I wasn't sure whether you meant the supports for creating the stations or the supports for the track. Because I think the yellow is too green and doesnt go well with the red.

The track work looks good, interesting adding the corkscrew in there, maybe you could have worked in one of MS' non-inverting loops, they have made their way onto spinner layouts now too.

Jer

Strata Poster
Just the stations are going to be a different color. The yellow supports look green because they are green.

More drop supports, and more station details, I hate doing these supports.

axis110127132256000.png

Jer

Strata Poster
Haha dont worry about it, here's another support screen shot to make it worth your while. I realize nothing interesting is happening right now because of supports. Progress has been slow thanks to school.

axis110131184254000.png

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I'm not convinced by the top of the turn being unsupported. The rest looks good so far though.

Louis!

Mega Poster
I still think the support colours aren't ideal. I think you've either got to go all the way to a darker green, or the other way to yellow. This lime green is quite an eyesore IMO and is distracting from the brilliance of the layout.

Jer

Strata Poster
added another support Hixee, with help from Leighton.

axis110201155851000.png

hope thats better, as for the support colors, I'll probably make it a more orangeish yellow, will that be okay.

Jer

Strata Poster
New support colors, hopefully this is better and wont hurt your eyes :)

you can also see some new supports and lateral bracing on the drop.

axis110201233559000.png

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Wow, I much prefer that! Fits much more nicely.

Looking forward to seeing how this one comes together.

Jer

Strata Poster
I love all the positive response, even for what I see at the moment as a terrible support job. I love you guys, some more supports are done!

axis110202170603000.png

axis110202172205000.png

Lofty

CF Legend
Looking good, I like the colours and I <3 Spinners in NL. Looking forward to seeing the video of it :)