What's new

The Jer development topic! [Songbird 8/13/16]

Jer

Strata Poster
Well guys I didn't want it to come to this but I'm really not making any progress on the ride. The supports are going way to slow, and every time I go to build I lose interest pretty fast. I'm going to put this SLC on hold for now, stay tuned for my newest ride. Maybe one day I will come back to it but for now I'm putting it aside.

Jer

Strata Poster
excuse the double but...new project. Since this is a CoasterCrazy contest track I must ask anyone who is also a member there please keep it on the down low.

Now for some background:

Welcome to Lake Valley park, a family friendly park. With a few kiddy rides, and a beautiful lake they have a more traditional park style. Unfortuneately this style has proven to be a lost cause, they're losing attendance daily, and need a new way to draw in guests. The off season has come and they have contacted Gerstlauer to install a custom Euro-Fighter in the park.

Well so far I have the lift and drop, the colors are not final, and it remains unnamed enjoy for now.

nltround111010312054300.png

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Hmm... interesting first drop you've got there. This looks interesting.

Jer

Strata Poster
Finished some more supports, and here are some stats:

Height: 118ft
Speed: 57mph
Length: 2,158ft

I also gave it a name a while back just never posted it's called Reflex.

reflex110113130858000.png

reflex110113130913001.png

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
My eyes! They burn!

Not so sure about the colour, it seems to cartoonish to me. However I think the layout looks sweet.

Jer

Strata Poster
Reflex has been finished, but do to contest rules I cannot post a video or downloads at the moment but stay tuned for said video and download!

AAAAAAANNNDDD time for a new project, Axis, an insane Maurer Sohne spinning coaster. Not much else at the moment, enjoy the drop, colors coming soon to a coaster near you!

axis110118232142000.png

Jer

Strata Poster
Sorry double, but more track has been place, I'm still stuck for colors though, I will also be putting in a small station out of supports, probably have some track pass through it. I'm also debating if I should add an inversion a corkscrew, Maurer Sohne currently have a spinner model offered with one, dunno yet. Still have to get the layout figured out.

axis110120201501000.png

axis110120201513001.png

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Looks pretty good so far. Sadly I can't say too more though.

A

Anonymous

I'm liking it right now, looks a bit tall though. Reflex looks good, but the first drop doesn't look really smooth.

Jer

Strata Poster
^how can it be too tall?

Stats:
Height: 88ft
Speed: 43mph
Length: 1535ft (if anything it's too short)

yeah the ride is short, but I ran out of exciting layout ideas for now, if I come up with anymore you can bet your ass I'll be extending it.. Colors have been chosen as well.

axis110122154548000.png

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
I think it looks pretty hawt. Maybe if you add a few more high speed low to the ground turns?

Brookes

Giga Poster
Surely at that height you've got quite a bit of speed left. I know you say you've ran out of ideas but I'd say definitely make it longer.

Jer

Strata Poster
^it's going about 34mph when it hits the brakes, I suppose I can extend the turn after the second brake run, then add an inversion into a helix and then the final brakes.

Xpress

Strata Poster
Yeah, you definitely have room for more layout. I'd aim for about 15mph when it hits the brakes. :)

Jer

Strata Poster
Updated the layout, it now has a corkscrew, the trains lock on the brake run before and unlock on the run after. Again the ride is still pretty short, but the inversion adds a real unique element to really tie the ride together.

axis110124170353001.png

axis110124170403002.png

and as you can see in the screen shot above i've started making the skeletons for my support stations. dont worry, the colors will be changed.

axis110124170338000.png