What's new

The Jer development topic! [Songbird 8/13/16]

Jer

Strata Poster
Hey everyone, going to keep this short. But I have finished aileron and gotten started on my next coaster. My next coaster will be called Cinque. It will be a Vekoma SLC with 5 inversions that are both unique in order and unique for SLCs

Video:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FZpKo0rAclg[/youtube]

Download HERE

and my First Cinque screenshot:
cinque101211121038000.png

Jer

Strata Poster
Got the first 2 inversions in, originally I wanted a batwing but ended up with this, but I like this better.

cinque101211205116001.png

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Aileron

I'm going to write a quick review of this, nothing much, but just to give you some feedback.

Honestly, this ride didn't really do it for me. The launch was great, and some of the twists and turns were really fun, the trackwork was mostly very good and the pacing was nice too (even after the trim), so I've got no complaints there really. I did think that some of the transitions were a little too snappy, but that might just be me! It was more that it just didn't feel different or new.

Don't get me wrong, it was well made, it just didn't feel like you were really pushing yourself with this ride. Hope that doesn't sound too bad! 6/10.

EDIT - I look forward to seeing how the SLC comes out too!

Uncle Arly

Strata Poster
I'm gonna talk briefly about Aileron too.

I loved the colours. The pacing was really good, and the trackwork was mainly good.

I felt the layout to be pretty boring. Just seems like you took the ferrari coaster and made a few changes.

Either way, it's still a good ride. 7/10.

Jer

Strata Poster
Yes I realize the bottom of the bowtie looks a little misshapen. There is a small turn in there and it's smooth with green gs. Here is a loop, I'm having a hard time smoothing the track and getting the gs good, it pulls 6 on the bowtie and 5 on the loop. Thus progress has been very slow

cinque101214231944000.png

Jer

Strata Poster
Some more layout is done, just one more inversion, a helix and random dickery left.

cinque101216190749002.png

cinque101216190732001.png

cinque101216190656000.png

Jer

Strata Poster
Finished the layout, now for the long, and slow smoothing process.

cinque101219131115003.png

I do have detail screen shots if anyone wants to see a specific section.

More soon, As I'm smoothing I'll support the smooth sections (the lift and drop) to keep the updates flowing.

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
The layout looks awesome. I even see a bit of Batman: The Ride in there. There is one thing I don't like though. The final turn and helix look a little large for the end of the ride. Maybe if you make them a bit smaller?

Jer

Strata Poster
okay over 2ft of snow fell today so it's a great time to get supports started. HOWEVER I need opinions on possible support colors.

cinque101227180959000.png

cinque101227180909000.png

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Personally I prefer the darker supports, just because they seem to fit much better with the track.

Jer

Strata Poster
Alright I'll go with the black, and I finished the lift supports. Looks like i'm finally making real progress on the ride.

cinque101228102642000.png

Jer

Strata Poster
Well progress is halted at the moment. I'm posting from my moms net book because my own laptops charger is shot. I can do anything about it until I can get to Best Buy for a new one. Sorry guys but i'll get right back to work once I get a new charger.