What's new

Knightmare is now scrap metal, y'all can stop wondering

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
Southport Pleasureland has bought many of run down Camelot's rides, such as the pirate ship, the Ferris wheel and the dragon coaster's train. I've heard some people speculating that Knightmare possibly will be coming to the park in the future, as it would make sense with the way the park has been performing in the recent years. Do you agree? What do you think Southport Pleasureland will do? :--D :--D :--D

Ben

CF Legend
Nah they won't.

The ride isn't really in a fit state to go there anymore.

It would have been a nice idea, but, no. It's just going to rot where it is.

TilenB

Strata Poster
They'd probably wait until the coaster is beyond salvagable (i.e. when they can't sell it anymore) and then put the train on some random field next to the park...

Poslano z mojega ONEPLUS A3003 z uporabo Tapatalk

Lofty

CF Legend
It needs to be ripped down to be fair. It's had a good year and a half of rusting and rotting and I highly doubt it being structurally safe as it is to operate again, never mind a relocation.

Robbie

Hyper Poster
The guy from Pleasureland wanted Southport Council to buy it for him, and that ain't happening. Knightmare's going nowhere.

rob666

Hyper Poster
Apparently, due to the drop in scrap metal prices,
it isn't even economically viable to pull it down and scrap it.
I think it is going to be a sad pile of M6 eye candy for some time to come.
I would love it to go to Southport,
but there is more chance of Camelot reopening!

Sandman

Giga Poster
Whatever happened to Twist and Shout at Loudoun Castle? Ideal next step investment for Pleasureland, a good old Schwarzkopf. Something on that scale anyway.

S

SimonSays99

Well, Slagharen might also have a Looping Star for sale... :roll:

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
Sandman said:
Whatever happened to Twist and Shout at Loudoun Castle? Ideal next step investment for Pleasureland, a good old Schwarzkopf. Something on that scale anyway.
Cedar Fair took a good look at Twist and Shout last year and determined it's in a state of repair that isn't worth the investment. The only real chance it has of seeing new life would be on the German fair circuit, but Teststrecke took an investment of nearly $20 million to make the transition and it was in perfect running order at the time.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Martyn B said:
Apparently the owner wants £2m for it...
I've got £5.78 in and a Thorpe Park fastpass in my wallet, do you reckon I could strike a deal? I'd buy it and then melt it down to deny people from ever getting the cred, bwhahahaha. Not that anybody will anybody will ever ride it again anyway.

Dave

CF Legend
Ian said:
Martyn B said:
I've got £5.78 in and a Thorpe Park fastpass in my wallet, do you reckon I could strike a deal? I'd buy it and then melt it down to deny people from ever getting the cred, bwhahahaha. Not that anybody will anybody will ever ride it again anyway.

I've got 4 stamps on my Cafe Nero card, that helpful to donate to the cred cause?

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Dave said:
Ian said:
Martyn B said:

I've got 4 stamps on my Cafe Nero card, that helpful to donate to the cred cause?
If somebody chucks in a Nectar card with 1,000 points on it we might just clinch it.

WelcomeToOblivion

Giga Poster
Ian said:
If somebody chucks in a Nectar card with 1,000 points on it we might just clinch it.
I haven't got that but I've got a stagecoach smart card with a few days left on it, and a dollar and a broken driver's license??